Local Beach: Comox, BC
CANADA
Style: Average
Gear: Lift V2 Surf & HA wingsets
Ocean Rodeo kites & wings
Brand Affiliation: started Comox Kite Repair

Re: best purchase for 2013?

Postby GregK » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:48 pm

Salmon Slayer - many thanks for answering my questions. Makes me want to get my hands on a cat and give it a go... :P

Okinawa Kiter
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mibaru Okinawa Japan
Favorite Beaches: Mibaru Okinawa Japan
Miyako
Style: Free Ride
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 3 12m
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Okinawa Kiter » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:26 am

Ozone Edge 17m Tempted to get a 19 now. Does everything well but a bit of a slow turner. Used it 90% of the time.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:12 am

eree wrote: you guys just kidding right?
i have never seen so ugly made harness in my life, and, believe me, i have seen Patlove and Underwave ones...
whatever you are talking about how it is comfortable it is just plane crude and fugly. and then i have to find the decent spreader bar for it?
and for the final blow 300 bucks for this hideousness? the Engine should tone it up with the complimentary fedora hat to complete your hipsters look if you are so trendy...

i stick with traditional harnesses, made with love by small chinese hands in SE Asia sweatshops.
Okay there are a lot of ugly harnesses out there, hell I have even started a thread on it some 4 years ago... The thing is, since the engine harness is about half the size of most harnesses out there it is therefore half as ugly, and still gives you more support due to its rigid shell then any harness out there... So add it up... Smaller foot print, more support but still provides more mobility and comfort...AND you can customize the graphic to be as ugly as you want it to be... So what are you complaining about?

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:12 am

eree wrote: you guys just kidding right?
i have never seen so ugly made harness in my life, and, believe me, i have seen Patlove and Underwave ones...
whatever you are talking about how it is comfortable it is just plane crude and fugly. and then i have to find the decent spreader bar for it?
and for the final blow 300 bucks for this hideousness? the Engine should tone it up with the complimentary fedora hat to complete your hipsters look if you are so trendy...

i stick with traditional harnesses, made with love by small chinese hands in SE Asia sweatshops.
Okay there are a lot of ugly harnesses out there, hell I have even started a thread on it some 4 years ago... The thing is, since the engine harness is about half the size of most harnesses out there it is therefore half as ugly, and still gives you more support due to its rigid shell then any harness out there... So add it up... Smaller foot print, more support but still provides more mobility and comfort...AND you can customize the graphic to be as ugly as you want it to be... So what are you complaining about?

fabsix
Rare Poster
Gear: Kite

Postby fabsix » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:55 am

Griffin TRX 2013 17m. This kite saved me a lot of sessions and is fun to ride.

topmick
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sunshine Coast
Favorite Beaches: Cotton Tree
Style: surf
Gear: Switch
FireWire

Postby topmick » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:39 pm

2013 North Nugget, now my goto board for average conditions.

BiteMe
Frequent Poster

Postby BiteMe » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:24 pm

2014 14m SS Rally.

Never thought I would find a kite I liked as much as my old 2009 Royal Era till now.

markap42
Rare Poster

Postby markap42 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:40 pm

Engine harness. So comfortable and light weight. :D

Dwnwndr
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ocean City, NJ
Favorite Beaches: OCNJ, OBX
Style: Surf
Gear: Ozone Reo, Fone Fish, Signature

Postby Dwnwndr » Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:01 am

eree wrote:
you guys just kidding right?

Seriously you base your opinion on a harness on looks? First off each graphic you see is a one of a kind custom design sent to Engine by the person purchaser. You could have it made to look like anything you want. Maybe a young china doll sewing leather in a sweatshop for you. I've ridden, Dakine Pyro, OR Session 2, Mistic Code 1, to name a few all good harnesses, but IMO nothing fits, feels more comfortable or performs better. I'll take hand made in the US by a perfectionist any time I can.

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster
Style: Jumps and waves
Gear: Small c kites that don't have bridles and no 5th line. Epoxy surfboards.

Postby Bob Marley » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:41 pm

Best was some herbs I bought from a kid at the beach. His dad grow them in the hills and they tasted and smell sweet like sugar. Yes I.

Return to “Kitesurfing”