Forum for kitesurfers
JGTR
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Axis twintips - vanguard???

Postby JGTR » Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:23 am

Anyone riding the Axis Vanguard 2013 - I'm looking at the 135 x 42 @ 90 kg

Any feedback appreciated as they are a new entry to the market, albeit with an experienced designer

Jay

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Re: Axis twintips - vanguard???

Postby toyletbowl » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:24 am

Hi Jay,

I'm a dealer, so take it for what it's worth. The 135cm vanguard has been my favorite board for medium and strong winds without a doubt. It's a great all around board with good pop and performance. It handles chop better than the Limited which is the exact same outline, but a lot more carbon. Carbon makes it stiffer which can make it hard on those with bad knees.

That's why I love the Vanguard. I ride really fast and so some unhooked tricks, but mostly hooked in with tons of spray on turns. Super fun board.

If you have a good local dealer, cool. If not, I'm running and end of year sale of Axis boards. 20% off sale plus an added 15% off if purchased by the end of day Tuesday.

You can see more here.

http://kiteridersllc.com/karty2/index.p ... ry&path=66

Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com

joe weiss
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Axis twintips - vanguard???

Postby joe weiss » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:58 am

Yo JGTR ,

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to test a Vanguard and a week or two later I put in an order.
I have been riding a different brands board and upgraded the same model every year for the last three years, before that my quiver was made out of about 3 different twintips so I have what to compare it to.
I am very happy with my Vanguard and recommend it to any TT lover or at least recommend to test one.

BTW we are about the same weight :wink:

J

Return to “Kitesurfing”