switchkites
Medium Poster
Gear: SwitchKites
Brand Affiliation: SwitchKites
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Switch Kites: Master any Terrain with the Element2

Postby switchkites » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:29 am

SwitchKites are proud to release the new promo video for the All-Terrain Element2.

Watch Marc Jacobs carving the sand and busting some air at Muriwai Beach, New Zealand. While Felix Pivec captures a strapless 360 handle pass with his POV cam in Mokuleia, Hawaii.

Pump up the volume and make sure you watch it full screen. Enjoy!!

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com

Postby KiteCulture » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:02 am

Can anyone tell me if the element2 can be flown on the epic 3G bar, and what mods I need? I did a test flight on the element2 7 meter and found the back lines way too short. No deposed and it backstalled. Anyone have thoughts? I assume that I could take about 20-30 cm out of the front lines

felixp
Frequent Poster
Gear: Switch
Brand Affiliation: Switch, Firewire

Postby felixp » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:59 am

Sound like your bar was not calibrated :
It is a must to have all four lines to be even.

Centerline split has to be low. (other wise it compresses the kite)
The length of the bar will also determine performance.

Recommendation would be to get a V2 Switch bar as then you know you will get the full 100% out of your new kite.

Hope this Helps

Felix

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:23 am

KiteCulture wrote:Can anyone tell me if the element2 can be flown on the epic 3G bar, and what mods I need? I did a test flight on the element2 7 meter and found the back lines way too short. No deposed and it backstalled. Anyone have thoughts? I assume that I could take about 20-30 cm out of the front lines
As far as I know all lines equall should work with all switch kites, which is the same (as you know) as the epic kites. I have had a different experience with the element where the back lines were to long but that was using the switch bar... I would check your line lengths and if they are reasonably even then I would be checking the bridal lengths and rear line leaders on the kite against what they are suppose to be (bill Hansen can help you with that). If that all checks out contact switch since anything beyond that should be supported by them. Buying a another bar should not be required as the throw on switch kites and epic kites is not that far off.

tkettlepoint
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Jellyfish boards custom boards
Brand Affiliation: Jellyfish Boards

Postby tkettlepoint » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:48 am

I suggest getting a switch bar hint hint.

If you need a hand I am sure I can help you out. I know a couple of people that fly other bars on the switches.

terrie

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KiteCulture » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:13 am

I've got my cart all full....no worries there. Just another paycheque to go. Just looking to get out in a pinch.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:28 am

KiteCulture wrote:I've got my cart all full....no worries there. Just another paycheque to go. Just looking to get out in a pinch.
Both of you stop it already, we all know there is no secret to what bar you use especially in this case.... Provided it's properly tuned...I could see how it might make a difference if you were using a pre 2014 cab bar or f-one bar. But these two bars and almost all other "modern" bars should work perfectly fine. I'll even prove it by bringing my two bars... A 2014 cab bar, and a hybrid naish bar to the tuning/ testing. Both are perfectly tuned and ready for action on 99% of post 2009 kites.

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster

Postby KiteCulture » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:01 am

I always prefer to fly the same brand bar and kite... Just a preference as I know then its just a rig and ride scenario with no adjustments needed.... At least in my experience. And I'm just sadly in a financial position where I've had to hold off a little. The element2 flew ok on the pic bar, and it appeared that all line lengths were equall, but it was sensitive to back line pressure. No worries, I'll get it all sorted soon. My only new dilemma will be to get the red or black element2 with the new bar.

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:01 am

the split point is real interesting in kites today the way if changes the way kites fly. I have had a torch, vegas and switch bar on combats - all work - but a high split (eg torch bar) needs 5th line with tension in larger sizes to stop flaring. The torch has been designed with its shape to only use it's high split for the best results - it sux a bit on 5th split from low - not as good. When the kite flips inside one side of the split i get annoyed lol! although a good piece of advice here was to dig your ass in teh water rather than ride out a failed trick hands in the air.. - reduces chance of a flip...

Hansen Design
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Hansen Design » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi KiteCulture:
Laughingman wrote:(bill Hansen can help you with that).
All Switch kites are conservatively tuned to just barely back a meter or so when fully sheeted with trim 100% released in steady light to moderate wind on a calibrated bar = all lines equal when trim is 100% released and bar 100% sheeted to CL. Some users prefer to shorten or lengthen the rear lines to suit their individual tastes or bar set-up. Before testing a Switch kite on any bar, one must first determine that the calibration is correct. Otherwise the flight test is a useless waste of time. For safety, when we test new protos and samples we always hold the kite drawing wind on the side of the window with some trim pulled and insure that the kite is not oversheeted or pulling asymmetrically and the rear lines go slack when the bar is sheeted out, etc.

If you have a problem with any Switch kite you can contact the support system in several convenient ways to quickly resolve it and also go on the Switch forum for further advice and answers from actual users. Switch sells complete bridle sets and components like pigtails, transfer lines, pulleys and sliders for all kites here: http://switchkites.com/parts/kite/bridles.html I've attached the Element2 production loft bridle specs following. Care must be taken in measuring bridles as assembled lengths are often much different than the raw-length loop-to-loop dimensions.

Regarding the colors, I think the Red one looks nice! :thumb:
bridle_id_element2_1.jpg
bridle_id_element2_1.jpg (17.36 KiB) Viewed 1053 times
ElementV2ProdBridles.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”