Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Forum for kitesurfers
Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Re: Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:32 pm

This is an email I received from a kiter. As you can see from his email he loves his INFINITY V2 kite. He was so impressed of the performance of his INFINITY kite, that he wants me to send a demo to his local shop in Florida (USA) so they can test it and see what the INFINITY V3 can do in light wind.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-01-09 at 8.25.33 AM.png

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:56 pm

soul19 wrote: The best part about Epic though is a brand owner that works very hard in getting the kites into peoples hands to try. It would be nice to see other brands go to the lengths that Dimitri does but unfortunately they don't. If you can make one of their scheduled demos is the only time that they have kites available as some of us don't have local shops. I didn't realize how nice that sort of treatment was till I experienced it first hand and now understand why people love this brand so much. Great customer service speaks volumes!!!
Bud, please help me out here as I'm rather puzzled if you and that other dude from your area are paid for all that sweet-talk about Epic? Sure sounds like it...

If anything - mr. D does actually work very hard at promoting his gear, which - b.t.w. - has nothing to do with the word "customer service". This is called "sales"!!!
If anything - the fact that mr. D is pushing his gear so much to the point of sending demo-kites here and there around the world - well, it is nice, but it actually speaks more about lack of volumes than anything else.
If anything - it would be nice to see mr. D standing behind his products as much in after-sales as he does in before. Try contacting Core, North or Cabrinha regarding a faulty valve (as an example) and you'll get it fixed without questions. Try contacting mr. D and at best you'll get offered a replacement (at your own cost) and at worse - you'll hear the usual "never heard of it - it's just normal wear and tear"... well that and you'll also get a privilege to get barked and cursed at by some mr.D's relatives in Greece.

Just trying to call things by their-own names - nothing more.

B.t.w. Nice review of the Judge - like I've said before mr. D makes some well-flying kites, which - b.t.w. - has nothing to do with words like "quality" and "customer service" either.

Cheers! :bye:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:50 pm

Hello OceanAdventures/XL KITES.
I am not sure you are watching this topic about the light wind kites. But if you are , Dave who sent me the email that you see above was so impressed with the performance of the INFINITY V2 that he wanted me to make sure you guys get the chance to demo the INFINITY V3. So the good news is that I will be sending you a new INFINITY V3 for you to demo since I lost the next available one because the person who was demoing it loved it and decided to buy it.
You have 7 days to demo it and let other people demo the kite and see what this kite is all about. I will pay for shipping it to you since it's in the USA, but you are responsible for shipping it back to me. The kite comes with an extra set of (5 meter) lines in the bag so you can add these (5 meters) to the 22 meter lines that are on the 4G EPIC BAR so it becomes 27 meter lines for more power if you have heavier riders. I can send it to you complete with the 4G BAR or you rather use one of your bars?
Just let me know.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zik46
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: PRASONISI RHODES GREECE
Style: snowkite

Postby zik46 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:58 pm

alexeyga wrote:
soul19 wrote: The best part about Epic though is a brand owner that works very hard in getting the kites into peoples hands to try. It would be nice to see other brands go to the lengths that Dimitri does but unfortunately they don't. If you can make one of their scheduled demos is the only time that they have kites available as some of us don't have local shops. I didn't realize how nice that sort of treatment was till I experienced it first hand and now understand why people love this brand so much. Great customer service speaks volumes!!!
Bud, please help me out here as I'm rather puzzled if you and that other dude from your area are paid for all that sweet-talk about Epic? Sure sounds like it...

If anything - mr. D does actually work very hard at promoting his gear, which - b.t.w. - has nothing to do with the word "customer service". This is called "sales"!!!
If anything - the fact that mr. D is pushing his gear so much to the point of sending demo-kites here and there around the world - well, it is nice, but it actually speaks more about lack of volumes than anything else.
If anything - it would be nice to see mr. D standing behind his products as much in after-sales as he does in before. Try contacting Core, North or Cabrinha regarding a faulty valve (as an example) and you'll get it fixed without questions. Try contacting mr. D and at best you'll get offered a replacement (at your own cost) and at worse - you'll hear the usual "never heard of it - it's just normal wear and tear"... well that and you'll also get a privilege to get barked and cursed at by some mr.D's relatives in Greece.

Just trying to call things by their-own names - nothing more.

B.t.w. Nice review of the Judge - like I've said before mr. D makes some well-flying kites, which - b.t.w. - has nothing to do with words like "quality" and "customer service" either.

Cheers! :bye:

Dimitri's Customer service is one of the best or maybe the best customer service on the market.
No doubt about that. I Contacted Dimitri via e mail two years ago about my leaking valve and he replied in 15min in my e mail and have had sent new valve in a a day.And guess what, Dimitri is not my neighbour :) I live in different country than Dimitri.The good thing is that i haven't had any problems with my new Epic kites.love them.

alexeyga
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 200
Favorite Beaches: Ocean shore!
Style: Freeride dongling
Gear: Eleveight / Shinn / North / Axis / Slingshot / Airush

Postby alexeyga » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:15 pm

zik46 wrote: Dimitri's Customer service is one of the best or maybe the best customer service on the market.
No doubt about that. I Contacted Dimitri via e mail two years ago about my leaking valve and he replied in 15min in my e mail and have had sent new valve in a a day.And guess what, Dimitri is not my neighbour :) I live in different country than Dimitri.The good thing is that i haven't had any problems with my new Epic kites.love them.
2 years ago valves were falling off all Epic kites. :thumb: to mr.D for replacing these, however the problem was never acknowledged publicly - mr.D never does even when there's clearly a problem. And I honestly wish you to never have any issues with your new kites!

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii
Been thanked: 0

Postby OceanAdventures » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:30 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Hello OceanAdventures/XL KITES.
I am not sure you are watching this topic about the light wind kites. But if you are , Dave who sent me the email that you see above was so impressed with the performance of the INFINITY V2 that he wanted me to make sure you guys get the chance to demo the INFINITY V3. So the good news is that I will be sending you a new INFINITY V3 for you to demo since I lost the next available one because the person who was demoing it loved it and decided to buy it.
You have 7 days to demo it and let other people demo the kite and see what this kite is all about. I will pay for shipping it to you since it's in the USA, but you are responsible for shipping it back to me. The kite comes with an extra set of (5 meter) lines in the bag so you can add these (5 meters) to the 22 meter lines that are on the 4G EPIC BAR so it becomes 27 meter lines for more power if you have heavier riders. I can send it to you complete with the 4G BAR or you rather use one of your bars?
Just let me know.
I sent you an email with the shipping information. Please send your bar so we can have a complete review of your kite for everyone. Thanks bro we are stoked to get to try your kite out.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Been thanked: 0

Postby soul19 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:29 pm

Hey Alex,

I am not paid nor am I receiving any free product. I don't get a discount and I just like the kites that I have flown. Dimitri has been very good at lending me a demo and answering all my questions. I understand your point of view and I haven't had anything to ever need replacing from Epic. I don't agree with the issues that you have posted but to be honest, it really isn't my fight either. I like Dimitri and what he has done with Epic (and I am content to leave it at that). He does make solid kites and I would have no issues riding a quiver of his judge kites. I have contacted other companies about demos and I get offered a discount on a sale. I would love to be able to try as many kites as possible but it just isn't available. Most companies don't even respond back so what does that say about them?

James

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:58 pm

Come on alexeyga why don't you use all this energy you have and go have an epic time kiting. We are not the only company that had some valve issues in the past. Even today I still hear other kite companies having issues with their valves and bladders, and I hope they are taking care of their customers.
:thumb:

TommyDuotone
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: IB, Rauls, 38's, Gavs
Style: surf
Gear: North, Ocean Rodeo, Firewire

Postby TommyDuotone » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:45 am

In regards to customer service: I have had warranty issues with Slingshot, Naish, North, BWS, Dakine, Epic, Carinha, and Real Kiteboarding. And, besides Dakine, they have all fixed the issues. However, Epic had to be the best customer service I received from all the companies fore mentioned. I was contacted by the owner personally within that day and the matter was resolved very quickly. In addition, the warranty issue I had with Epic was something that the others might not have even covered. I received a new Renegade with some color bleeding on the white panel the size of my hand. No picture was needed, just my word, and a new kite was sent out the next day. I have no affiliation with Epic kites and would not hesitate to buy another Epic kite in the future if it fit my riding style.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:37 am

alexeyga wrote:Please help me out here as I'm rather puzzled.....bla bla bla...whine, bitch, moan, whine, moan, bitch, beat a dead horse, whine, whine, bitch, moan, beat a dead horse, whine, whine, moan, moan, moan, bitch, complain, complain, lie, lie, moan, moan, bitch.
I never had an issue that any normal person ever gets and I then tried to blame my own bladder problem on Epic.
Bitch, moan, whine, whine, moan....I will never let go of a very small issue and I like to keep bitching about it long after it could possibly matter in my life.
Whine, whine, bitch, moan.
I would sure hate to see what would happen if something real went wrong in your life.

Return to “Kitesurfing”