naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Re: Airush VXR 15/17 vs Naish Draft 17 vs Switchkite Nitro 1

Postby naishdude » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:00 pm

Well to support what Hansen aerosports writes...
Just use the possibility of search in this forum and do a search on ''eree'', than you can read for yourself..... :wink:

Nitro 3 has nothing to do anymore with Nitro1 and Nitro2.
On top of that you have a 30days return policy, when you do not like the kite, you return it.
What can go wrong?
So again....get to a teamrider you can find on the webpage in your area and test and you will find out yourself, always the best solution!

Greetz
Dude :cool2:

bouclette
Rare Poster
Gear: Too many
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby bouclette » Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:11 pm

The nitro2 16m I tried wasn't any slower than a vxr 17m for sure.

Those 3 kites are not fast anyway.

Olivier2bnod
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Weight: 92kg
Gear: Reedin Supermodel 7/9/12
Flysurfer Soul 12m
Moses T38 board, M91, W695/W671 , s420/s400
Zfoil 710
Brand Affiliation: Reedin / Moses
Has thanked: 0

Postby Olivier2bnod » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:44 pm

At least, with switch kites, the good thing is that switch team rider are very friendly when it comes to test a switch kite ;). looks like there's tons of them in France, and some of them contact me to make a try which is the best way to form an opinion. Again, thanks for all for your advices

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Spain
Danemark
France
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5

Postby naishdude » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:46 pm

Olivier,
Forget Nitro1....l tried it on a freeraceboard, at that time the kite was not bad, needed improvements, which the Switch team all applied in the nitro2 and finally in Nitro V3.

You will find a lot of teamriders in 'La douce France'' and even you can try a new nitro V3 with the 30 days return policy. Know that tne Nitro V3 is a powerful kite pretty direct due to no pulleys, it is a real hangtime monster and flies pretty far forward into the windwindow, this means that the kite goes very well upwind.

Have your go and test it :-)
Bonne chanche!

Olivier2bnod
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Weight: 92kg
Gear: Reedin Supermodel 7/9/12
Flysurfer Soul 12m
Moses T38 board, M91, W695/W671 , s420/s400
Zfoil 710
Brand Affiliation: Reedin / Moses

Postby Olivier2bnod » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:36 am

Thanks Dude,

Anyway, In my price range target, with the winter discount, I can afford a brand new kite :) , so If I got to go for a Nitro, that would be a v3 ;).
I also find another kite that seems to fit my program, the zeeko notus xlw, does anybody have the chance to ride it?

Olivier

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:46 am

Olivier2bnod wrote:I was about to go for the Draft 17, but I'm a bit concerned about its wind range in the high end, the relaunch and the octopus system in case of leak
For me (88kg) and riding powered, the 17m Draft wind range is 12 to 18 knots mean windspeed. I can't comment on relaunch, as have not had to - but having used nothing else but the octopus system since the system was released, I have never had any problems, but I look after my kites !

jyetley
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Millacs MN, Pepin WI, Clear Lake IA
Favorite Beaches: Spring: Texas's Laguna Madre or Florida's Pan Handle.
Summer: Michigan's Western Shore
Fall: Upper Mississippi River
Winter: Utah's Wasatch or Wyoming's Teton Mountains.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ozone, Slingshot, Best

Postby jyetley » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:02 pm

How does the octopus system work? I went on the Airush website and saw a small diagram, but I wonder how the valve connection is made. Is it a unique valve? Are the valves available and replacable? Do the struts (or LE) have zippers at each junction to aid installation? Can new strut/LE bladders be purchased for replacement? What are the pros/cons to this system?

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:28 pm

naishdude wrote:Well to support what Hansen aerosports writes...
Just use the possibility of search in this forum and do a search on ''eree'', than you can read for yourself..... :wink:...
well i have nothing to regret. all what i've said here is what i've meant.
i liked kite on the flat water, but the real world is not only the flat water and constant wind.
i like the price policy with no middle men, but there is a trade-off. you cannot trust the marketing crap they wright on their web site, and you can trust even less those so called team riders who will sell their soul for the 15% of the price of the kite.
so i use now other brand, the brand which allow me to do everything i want in the different water and wave conditions.
as far as i know all previous team riders in my location have sold their switches, so may be you have to update your map?

i was talking about my experience, naishdude. and you are earning your 15% now. good luck
Last edited by eree on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:03 pm

jyetley wrote:How does the octopus system work? I went on the Airush website and saw a small diagram, but I wonder how the valve connection is made. Is it a unique valve? Are the valves available and replacable? Do the struts (or LE) have zippers at each junction to aid installation? Can new strut/LE bladders be purchased for replacement? What are the pros/cons to this system?
The octopus system is internal one way valves. If you should have any problems there is an easy access zipper on the strut. It is actually super simple to change. Once you've done it once it would take about 1 min longer next time. When that is said...I've only had to do it once on my kite, but i have helped a buddy with his.
Yes they are available and replaceable. Naish has been using the system for close to 10 years now. They also are selling bladders from way way back on their site.

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Spain
Danemark
France
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5

Postby naishdude » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:07 am

eree wrote:
naishdude wrote:Well to support what Hansen aerosports writes...
Just use the possibility of search in this forum and do a search on ''eree'', than you can read for yourself..... :wink:...
well i have nothing to regret. all what i've said here is what i've meant.
i liked kite on the flat water, but the real world is not only the flat water and constant wind.
i like the price policy with no middle men, but there is a trade-off. you cannot trust the marketing crap they wright on their web site, and you can trust even less those so called team riders who will sell their soul for the 15% of the price of the kite.
so i use now other brand, the brand which allow me to do everything i want in the different water and wave conditions.
as far as i know all previous team riders in my location have sold their switches, so may be you have to update your map?

i was talking about my experience, naishdude. and you are earning your 15% now. good luck
Your experience seems to date from a NitroV1...so l am referring to a Nitro V3 worlds apart.

What disturbs me a bit is you are always interfearing in a negative way about Switch, you seem to be a very unhappy person.
I just explained him to test it before anything else...that seems to be a fair advice.
A more happy/positive approach from your side could make him change his mind, but immediate negativisme is not giving you a better profile.
Just try to approach him by for example giving him your experience with the kites you are flying and are so happy with, this would help him more than bashing another product.

My 2 cent.
Over and out
Amen

Return to “Kitesurfing”