Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Forum for kitesurfers
Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Infinity V3 light wind machine kite (4G)

Postby Geronimo79 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:01 pm

I guess the water has frozen in Montreal... and the temps to low to go kiting...

14ToeSide
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sandy Spit
Gear: North, Ozone, Naish, Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: What ever works Best that year

Postby 14ToeSide » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:10 pm

I'll try the V3. Let's set it up.

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby UKSurf » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:10 pm

alexeyga wrote:You're absolutely right, however my main rant is that for the same amount of money I paid for Epic equipment I could've gotten gear from another company while having zero issues during the same amount of usage. And b.t.w, so far I had zero issues with the bar which has replaced that Epic's piece of rubbish after the same amount of sessions, and I had zero issues with the Epic's bar since re-gutting it with Switch parts - it just works!

If only for once mr. D actually had the balls to say "Yeah, sorry guys - we have a problem, I'm working on it!"
I think you could have issues from any kitesurf company, even some of the larger ones. Based on the fact that Epic kites are made in the same factory as a number of other brands I just assume they have equivalent build quality. Who knows you may have just been unlucky and got a kite from a bad batch - it has happened to everyone I know so I wouldnt beat yourself up too much over it. Whether Dmitri would admit if there was a serious flaw with a batch of his kites I cant say, but I am fairly certain if you had a problem he would try to help you out - unlike alot of retail outlets that dont give a fck once they have your money.

Kites are basically disposable consumer products - my advice to you would be to buy them cheaply from the car boot of an industry insider looking to make some extra cash on the side and sell them at the end of the season for a modest loss. Every so often you will get a "bad kite" but the amount you will save will easily cover this. The warranty and shop support is a total waste of time.

Switches original bar was well built and very well priced although it did look a bit cheap in places and liked to eat chicken loop rope. Safety on it was basically bordering on criminality (especially when flown with the Element which would stay in the air after you pulled the safety) and thankfully they have replaced this on the new bar and no one died (AFAIK).

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:56 am

We had a great day today doing some EPIC demos here in Florida Keys at "Curry Hammock".
The wind was very light but thank God for the INFINITY V3 kite and the OXYGEN (135x47cm) Twin Tip board. I also had to pump the SURF model because people wanted to see it in real life and if possible get the chance to fly it in such light wind.
Attachments
IMG_4240 17.jpg
Helen checking the EPIC demo.jpg
IMG_4173 2.jpg
IMG_4257 24.jpg
IMG_4236 16.jpg
DSC_0057 29.jpg
IMG_4247 19.jpg
IMG_4169 1.jpg
IMG_4183 4.jpg
DSC_0030 27.jpg
DSC_0043 28.jpg
IMG_4222 14.jpg
IMG_4216 11.jpg
IMG_4221 13.jpg
Helen and Dimitri.jpg
IMG_4210 10.jpg
IMG_4232 15.jpg
IMG_4194 8.jpg
Kiter loving the INFINITY V3.jpg
Like it so much he asked his friend to try it.jpg

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:25 pm

Dimitri M wrote:We had a great day today doing some EPIC demos here in Florida Keys at "Curry Hammock".
The wind was very light but thank God for the INFINITY V3 kite and the OXYGEN (135x47cm) Twin Tip board.
We had the same conditions Saturday at Manatee park here in Cape Canaveral
You can indeed thank God for conditions like that !!! :wink:
During winter in Florida when you get a SSE,S ,SSW and SW warm wind it is very powerful
Dense wind gives the kite the power of @15 kn when it looks and can measured only at 9 kn
At the end of the day yesterday the power in my kite was @20 kn and it looked / felt like only 13kn

Giving LW demos in those conditions is totally great :thumb:

Just my 2 cents about what i have learned about that kind of wind in the past 32 years in Florida

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Been thanked: 0

Postby soul19 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:38 pm

32 years in Florida and the warm weather.... I am jealous mike! Right now we have a mild day with the temps sitting around +2 degrees but that is a far cry from the weather that you are having!

James

Dimitri you make some great looking kites that just so happen to fly as well as they look :thumb:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:19 pm

14ToeSide wrote:I'll try the V3. Let's set it up.

WOW 14Toeside you are on it.....set-up already done !!
From your e-mail I just got at lunch....you will have a V3 on the way pretty soon
Hope we can get together and take turns on it
Will be a fun ride with 165 pies & 237 pies using our Nuggets in LW and compare it to our 19's

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:37 am

14ToeSide wrote:
I'll try the V3. Let's set it up.
Ok 14ToeSide your wish is my command. I sent you my personal INFINITY V3 kite today because all the other INFINITY v3 kites are out on demos. But like I said on the email the one you are receiving is my personal one and has one of the (Big Inflate/Deflate) valve that I have been testing for 9 months now. But that is the only difference compare to the production one. Enjoy the kite.
:thumb:
SupaEZ wrote:
WOW 14Toeside you are on it.....set-up already done !!
From your e-mail I just got at lunch....you will have a V3 on the way pretty soon
Hope we can get together and take turns on it
Will be a fun ride with 165 pies & 237 pies using our Nuggets in LW and compare it to our 19's
Yes SupaEZ that is what I call "customer service" at its best.
This is the FED EX tracking#: 968133715013036 we sent to 14ToeSide. So you get a better idea when he will get the INFINITY V3 demo kite to test. I forgot to include the (5 meter) set of extension lines that comes with the kite to add to the (22 meter) lines for more power.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SupaEZ » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:18 pm

Dimitri M wrote: I forgot to include the (5 meter) set of extension lines that comes with the kite to add to the (22 meter) lines for more power.
That's OK ...if you don't mind ..
....we will test with the 22m and then we will add my 3m extensions from my XR3 that i don't use

IMO 27m for your kite may be too long
I think that kite would work great on 24m lines as standard length just like the way i ride my 19m2

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:14 pm

Hello SupaEZ,
We use to have 24 meters on our (2010 & 2011) BARS but after a lot of testing I decided that the 22 meter works better then the 24 meters especially with the new 3G and 4G models of kites, since they already have so much power no need to add more. But if you want a little more power you can always fly the (3G & 4G) EPIC kites on 24 meters instead of 22 meters.

Return to “Kitesurfing”