Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

kite golf bag

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: kite golf bag

Postby Laughingman » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:43 pm

Don Monnot wrote:Anybody ever feel guilty about lying to the baggage check-in guy when he asks you "what's in the bag" and you say "golf clubs"? I think it's the former Catholic in me that makes me pack two golf clubs in the bag along with my kites. The kites and board then just become "padding" for the clubs. Silly, I know. It's just an honest way to be dishonest, but I'm OK with being dishonest since what difference does it make what I'm packing in the bag, as long as the weight and dimensions are the same.

Don
I've never been asked what was in the bag... If I was I would tell them the truth...
When asked how many bags I am checking I say two suitcases and two golf bags... technically not lying.... They know whats in the bags, they are not stupid, all you have to do is give them a reason to
1. not be nasty... if you are happy and polite their days is much more fun...
2. do as little as possible... People are generally lazy and would rather just go along with the story unless you have already pissed them off or they are having a bad day...
When was the last time you saw someone looking to make their own day difficult?
It is not like they get a reward for being a stickler.

schappe
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Illinois Beach State Park
Waukegan Beach
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Park
Bahia Honda Beach State Park
Gear: Slingshot Rally, Darkside
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby schappe » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:10 pm

I've got the NSI bag and on my second trip from Chicago to Miami, American Airlines managed to break the plastic that the wheels are mounted in.

Scott

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby soul19 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:17 pm

Holy crap Scott did they start hitting your bag with a mallet? Sorry to hear about that as the NSI bag ain't cheap!

James

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:41 pm

Where's that pic from the guy who's golf bag got dragged by the airlines so badly that it went through the bag and into the wood of the board inside! :o

That's my nightmare! Show up to the baggage claim and find my bag gnawed in half by a conveyor belt........ or taco'ed from some unruly baggage handler.

I have had good luck with Dakine's Airwagon bag. I do now have the Dakine kiter's duffle too. I might take that to Aruba to save some weight as it doesn't have wheels. I've been fully wrapping my board in heavy duty bubble wrap and foam padding the edges of the board. So far no issues. Everytime I get home the friendly little letter from TSA is inside saying they inspected the bag.
Traveling internationally with kite gear is nerve racking.........one bag can have $7k worth of gear in it!
Protect it!

knot_moving
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Gear: kites: OR Flites & Cabrinha Velocity
Underground FLX 138, Slingshot foil, Mako Duke, Jimmy Lewis Flight Deck
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby knot_moving » Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:40 am

POACHER wrote:...
Traveling internationally with kite gear is nerve racking.........one bag can have $7k worth of gear in it!
Protect it!
Damn I never added it up before - you are right! Now I'll be a wreck every time I take it with me.
Wait I have replacement value insurance. Please please please steal my 2 Bandit 3s & my ancient flightdeck :) -- but only on my way home :) :)

Return to “Kitesurfing”