Style: Freeride, waves
Gear: Ozone, Wainman, various boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gin Uru

Postby DJwilson » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Hello Guys

can anyone offer me a little illumination on the Gin Uru? Are they good kites? I ve always kept an eye on Gin due to their paragliding associations but never flown them. Mid to low aspect, good drifters, smooth but slightly tame? I am looking to get away from the lower-aspect side of things though so might have to discount this straight away. Please let me know your thoughts
Toodle pip

Craz Z
Frequent Poster

Re: Gin Uru

Postby Craz Z » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:57 pm

If you are in the US im pretty sure they are unavailable. It was a couple years now they have been gone. Always liked the way they did things in Paragliding also. Much more pilots flying gin wings then any other brand.

Life_Is_Awesome
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Keho, Alberta, Canada

Postby Life_Is_Awesome » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:14 am

Are they back in business now? http://www.ginkites.com/news/latest-news

I've handled one before and the construction quality was outstanding. Too bad I didn't get to fly it.

DJwilson
Medium Poster
Local Beach: South coast UK
Favorite Beaches: Nappeague, USA
Paros, GREECE
Wissand, FRANCE
Alvor, PORTUGAL
Style: Freeride, waves
Gear: Ozone, Wainman, various boards

Postby DJwilson » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:54 pm

GIN is indeed back. Good for them. The Urus do look super well built - great re-inforcing on trailing edge for example, but they also have a carry handle sown on around centre strut so that you can easily carry it when inflated. Nice but utterly unnecessary - my feeling is that it s a really well put together bit of kit but very much aimed at the novice. Otherwise they would be paying more attention to weight and responsiveness than seems evident on the build of the kite. Still, it would be GREAT to hear from someone who has actually ridden the damn thing! Thanks chaps

Return to “Kitesurfing”