westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites 4G

Postby soul19 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:44 pm

Well Dimitri I have got to say that the more that I have been using the Judge the more that I love this kite! I am very excited to see how you have improved it but I am still blown away by how much low end grunt that this kite has!! I can ride the 8m when others are riding on 10's and I am not a lightweight as I sit around 200lbs. I am curious if you have improved the highend on these kites as with that much lowend grunt I am sure that when people are on their 7's I will need to be on a smaller kite. You have to put up some videos of the bridles and how the kite flys as I cannot wait to see the difference. Loving the Judge :thumb:

James

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:39 pm

This is a review I just got from YOUTUBE.
You can always go under the "4G INTRO HD" YOUTUBE video link and see this written testimonial from yourself.
Attachments
YOUTUBE testimonial.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:30 pm

This is an email I received few days ago from Australia. As you can see we are doing a great job with the EPIC brand. :thumb:
Attachments
Loving the 4G .jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:33 pm

Hello guys,
Momi, Jeroen and I, have been working on a "Girl's" kite, and was wondering if they are any girls on this KITEFORUM that would like to share their opinion and ideas on a girl's kite. Just so you get an idea, this kite will be called the "WAHINE" and it will be part of the Renegade model but with few changes to accommodate the laddies depending of the changes they want on the Renegade model such as graphics, turning speed, bar pressure, and so on.....
Guys are welcome also since no body is perfect.
Thank you for your inputs.

P.S. Just so you know will probably start a new thread so the laddies can access it much easier with all their inputs.
:thumb:

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:06 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Hello guys,
Momi, Jeroen and I, have been working on a "Girl's" kite, and was wondering if they are any girls on this KITEFORUM that would like to share their opinion and ideas on a girl's kite. Just so you get an idea, this kite will be called the "WAHINE" and it will be part of the Renegade model but with few changes to accommodate the laddies depending of the changes they want on the Renegade model such as graphics, turning speed, bar pressure, and so on.....

P.S. Just so you know will probably start a new thread so the laddies can access it much easier with all their inputs.
Dimitri, the main things we are always trying to adjust for Beth are all bar related

1. reducing the throw and distance to reach the trim strap
2. reducing the strength required to trim (she likes the Epic and the Airush trim straps the best)
3. reducing the distance from the body to the bar at full power (shortening the chickenloop)

The only kite related things we have had issues with were ease of relaunch and bar pressure but you fixed that by selling us Renegades......

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:19 pm

Also, Dakine has a Romans harness call the Wahine as well....

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii

Postby OceanAdventures » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:24 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Hello guys,

Will give you a shops perspective on female specific kites... They don't sell good at all.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:25 pm

Dimitri, the main things we are always trying to adjust for Beth are all bar related
1. reducing the throw and distance to reach the trim strap
2. reducing the strength required to trim (she likes the Epic and the Airush trim straps the best)
3. reducing the distance from the body to the bar at full power (shortening the chickenloop)
The only kite related things we have had issues with were ease of relaunch and bar pressure but you fixed that by selling us Renegades......
Thank you Laughingman for all of your inputs.
Also if your wife is looking for a shorter CL, then she can use the kids CL and I can send you only the loop of the CL. So all you have to do is remove the one she has and replace it with a shorter one from the Kids CL.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:28 pm

Will give you a shops perspective on female specific kites... They don't sell good at all.
Thank you OceanAdventures and I totally understand what you are talking about. But I did post the same inquiry on my FACEBOOK page few minutes ago and I am getting a lot of response from the girls. Most of them are private messages because they want to stay private. So there is a need, like there is a need for Kids gear and as you can see right now we are the only company that makes kites and boards for kids.

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii

Postby OceanAdventures » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:12 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
Thank you OceanAdventures and I totally understand what you are talking about. But I did post the same inquiry on my FACEBOOK page few minutes ago and I am getting a lot of response from the girls. Most of them are private messages because they want to stay private. So there is a need, like there is a need for Kids gear and as you can see right now we are the only company that makes kites and boards for kids.
There is also a need for gold chains with the name "Big Daddy Baller" on them, doesn't mean its a good idea to mass produce them.

Return to “Kitesurfing”