Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maui and the World.
Favorite Beaches: Maui and the World.
Style: Perfect
Gear: CARAFINO AND NAISH
Brand Affiliation: CARAFINO AND NAISH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: carrifino on sale/Exactly what you get.

Postby C A R A F I N O 2014 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Europ2 wrote:
BraCuru wrote: Really surprised that it's so quite on the forum about this offer.
For the foil market - it looks like the French Revolution :idea:
Everybody interested is waiting the official offer with pictures & more details.
A possible explanation ...
C A R A F I N O 2014 wrote:This will be a very limited time offer available only through kiteforum.com, t
Let's imagine the deal is for 8 to 10 days only. If we take into account the miscelameous durations
needed to validate payment, shipping, custom clearance, ... the early birds will receive their set say a week after order.

In the worst case, the first customers will receive their toy the day the purchase window close without hope to publish a test awaited by the other potential customers.

In the best case, the early birds will receive their foil 2 to 4 days before the window's end. That's not a long time to trigger a purchase decision based on "enthusisatic" flash tests written by dozens of persons posting for the first time :nono:
+ A first production batch is never flawless
+ if the surfboard quality might have some reputation in BALI, what is the composite one worth ?

Many people will wait untill the last limit to avoid a blind buy ..

Just my 2 cents
Hi Guys:

I have been reading through many of the post here. Some guys like TONE and Bradn seem to emphasize skepticism.

I appreciate your input. Really. So I take the time to write to you and validate the reality of the hydrofoil manufacturing phase and market. Re visiting history, Carafino is the inventor and has brought the product to the market a long way, that is to say, over a decade of time. Ask yourself where you where ten years back in time. I was doing the same thing I am doing now, making hydrofoils. Therefore, our experience can never be belittled.

In that time, we have made mistakes because we paved the road for all other brands, now on the market, to follow. However, from those mistake and fortunes, we are today positioned to bring to the market a quality hi performance foil at a two for one price because I know how to do it.

For the last 2 years, Carafino has laid back and watched the market. From my research this is what the hydrofoil market needs. A price affordable product so everyone can experience the sport. Most guys are sharing the cost with their buddy to purchase the 2 4 1 deal and get a foil and get on the water. For me that means more riders on Carafino, having fun. Having fun is what it is all about.

With regard to TONE writing that Carafino needs the cash to manufacture. Your wrong, this is the problem with the other brands out there which is why you have such a great lead time.

By May, Carafino intends to stock over 700 foils ready for shipment worldwide. Not counting what we will shipping next month guaranteed.

If you look at our website, you will see that Carafino has the machinery, APS cutting machine, the ability and determination to stock these boards and in short time we are able to do so. The machine removes the need for human labor in shaping. This eliminates human error for precision, human emotion from day to day progress of stocking product and guarantee's 15 to 25 boards a day, shaped. No shaper in the world can do that or wants to do that.

Our hydrofoil process is incredible, normally composite molds of the T bar size weigh in excess of 500 KG. Creating a challenge to produce more than 3 T bars per day under normal heat compression and cooling molding. One cannot expect more than that. Even with aluminum molding ( lighter molds) one has to be careful, because the aluminum can bend when in the press and warp slightly when cooling if not done correctly.

I have engineered a method to produce 15 to 20 T bars a day with one mold.

However, it is my passion that inspires me. My passion has spilled over and has inspired the other brands that have followed Carafino. I think it is great when you inspire people to be something more in life.

Carafino is set up to rapidly modify racing wings & immediately bring it to the racing course at affordable pricing. Our goal is to work with all riders from all brands and further the development of the sport. The history of windsurf racing is; what worked good last week may not necessarily work great this week. Racing is sport of rapid changes and development.

No brand in the industry can quickly bring wings to the market in the same season. It is not possible because they have to go to Thailand or China to do so. What now separates us from that is I have set up my own shop in Bali to produce the product and develop the product exactly the way it should be and tweak designs accordingly to improve race course performance. So if Carafino is not winning races immediately, we will change wing designs immediately. However, we will not be far from the leader in racing if we are not leading the race ourselves. I hope I have your support.

My vision is to bring to the market before next year, an intro foil that people can buy for about the same price as a twin tip. If the buyer enjoys what they are getting into sport wise. They can later purchase a Carafino hi performance foil and attach it to their same Carafino board for a few extra hundred dollars. I think this is cool and clever for all people in the sport.

As I become older, I am much more selective about how I spend my time and energy, in your case, I look forward to exceeding your expectations. Perhaps we can hydrofoil together one day in the future.

Until then,

Warm Regards to the world of HYDROFOIL KITE SURFING.

C A R A F I N O

Rotule
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Plattsburgh City Beach, NY
Favorite Beaches: Plattsburgh City Beach, NY
Gear: Core Section 4M, Section 2 6M. GTS 3 9M
Moses Onda 71 HL
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: carrifino on sale

Postby Rotule » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:48 pm

Carafino : don't forget to post those vids you spoke to me about when you can do it :D

Just can't wait to ride my new foils :naughty:

Bradn
Medium Poster
Style: Race
Gear: Ozone R1 V2, Custom race foil

Postby Bradn » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:21 pm

@Carafino
I was never doubting your foils or manufacturing, I am just really excited to see photos of the race foil :D

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:39 pm

Yeah, show an actual product and I will back off..

Until then...

darippah
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Weight: 165
Local Beach: New Jersey, USA
Style: Hydrofoil big air
Gear: Sonic 3 13m , Soul 7 and 10m

Postby darippah » Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:54 am

I'd go halves with someone- shipping to nj

lezo
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Weight: 80kgs
Local Beach: I have local friends at many beaches now!
Favorite Beaches: Mostly riding these days North Fuerte beaches or wavespots of the French Atlantic/North coast.
Gear: Custom wavesurf board with RRD Religions, custom foilkite with Peak5s, Ozone Edges for boosting.

Postby lezo » Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:56 pm

The offer is great - less than half the price of current foils.

This 2014 Carafino foil was not seen or photographed, even less tested, by anybody yet.

Mr Carafino is well known in the french foil community and has a rather bad reputation both for product quality and business ethics issues.

So run quick, send him your money - it's a limited offer, only for Kiteforum members, it won't last long.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:23 am

uh oh

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:36 pm

My order is bought and paid for. And no way would I split it with anyone. However, after the sale is over it will cost someone $1500 plus shipping charges and bank fees for a Carrifino. For all the other foils, over $2400 each. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to sell my extra for more than i paid for it since the only kite shop in my state charges $2400 plus, plus, plus... if you have some cash you can touch, buying this 2 for 1 deal is a smart investment. Or do like (edited out the name, insert whoever you think fits) ...nothin but bitch and moan :nono:

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:50 pm

You can add my name. I don't mind.

Please do let us know when your two foils arrive.

Return to “Hydrofoil”