Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Riding waves backside....

forum for kitesurfers


SSK
Frequent Poster
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:04 am
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Salvo
Favorite Beaches: OBX
Style: Freeride, Surf
Gear: 2012 Cabrihna Switchblades 6,8,10
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Riding waves backside....

Postby SSK » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:11 pm

Ya see, you kinda Need an EGO to be Reilly Fricken Good at something, (you gOt it) !!

I agree that you need to be very confident, but you do not have to be egotistical.

I do a lot of my riding is with the kid in the video. I am twice his age, but he is the one who taught me and keeps an eye out on everyone when we ride. I know it is only the East Coast, but believe it or not it can get kind of heavy here. He has taught a ton of people to kitesurf. He launches and lands everyone, and if someone goes down he is the first to kite by and check on them. I have never heard him once talk about how good he is, even though the rest of us cannot believe half the stuff he does.
I know it is the East Coast where according to Bob no real kiter can come from because we do not have any wind or waves. I know it is not real riding because it is not unhooked and the kite size is above 6m. Worst of all he will ride backside (normally into a few flat spins). But he keeps trying to be a real kitesurfer so give him credit. Bob appears to be a good rider, but this is what I consider to be style. I will let the forum decide if he can live up to Bob's riding.



I am not impressed by Bob's 2.5m riding. There are plenty of vids of guys kiting Hatteras at 40+ conditions, but the difference is that it is usually double overhead and exploding on the sand bars. Not just some white water riding.

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 2978
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 pm
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Re: Riding waves backside....

Postby SupaEZ » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:32 pm

Bob's thread title is.............riding waves backside looks like s**t

I only see him "ride" on his goofy side..merely smacking waves and playing chicken with them

Nowhere do we see him ride with his left foot forward going toeside...i guess his booties are glued

Show us your feet switching video that proves that you can go 100% equally toeside on both tacks !!

donchin
Frequent Poster
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:54 pm

Re: Riding waves backside....

Postby donchin » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Opinions about this topic with a join date before 2007 matter. For those with a join date after 2007.........pay attention

User avatar
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 4465
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:49 am
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Riding waves backside....

Postby Kamikuza » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:22 pm

SSK wrote:
Ya see, you kinda Need an EGO to be Reilly Fricken Good at something, (you gOt it) !!

I agree that you need to be very confident, but you do not have to be egotistical.

I do a lot of my riding is with the kid in the video. I am twice his age, but he is the one who taught me and keeps an eye out on everyone when we ride. I know it is only the East Coast, but believe it or not it can get kind of heavy here. He has taught a ton of people to kitesurf. He launches and lands everyone, and if someone goes down he is the first to kite by and check on them. I have never heard him once talk about how good he is, even though the rest of us cannot believe half the stuff he does.
I know it is the East Coast where according to Bob no real kiter can come from because we do not have any wind or waves. I know it is not real riding because it is not unhooked and the kite size is above 6m. Worst of all he will ride backside (normally into a few flat spins). But he keeps trying to be a real kitesurfer so give him credit. Bob appears to be a good rider, but this is what I consider to be style. I will let the forum decide if he can live up to Bob's riding.



I am not impressed by Bob's 2.5m riding. There are plenty of vids of guys kiting Hatteras at 40+ conditions, but the difference is that it is usually double overhead and exploding on the sand bars. Not just some white water riding.

Very nice! I didn't see any backside riding either :lol:

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:10 pm
Kiting since: 1988
Style: Jumps and waves
Gear: Small c kites that don't have bridles and no 5th line. Epoxy surfboards.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Riding waves backside....

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:19 pm

Still waiting for the pics or vid of the keyboard kiters in the waves... Supa I know you have video come on... Billie too let's see em... :kiff:

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:10 pm
Kiting since: 1988
Style: Jumps and waves
Gear: Small c kites that don't have bridles and no 5th line. Epoxy surfboards.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Riding waves backside....

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:21 pm

donchin wrote:Opinions about this topic with a join date before 2007 matter. For those with a join date after 2007.........pay attention



:nono:

Those who are real wave riders can tell who knows what they're talking about. Join date and post count mean zero.

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:10 pm
Kiting since: 1988
Style: Jumps and waves
Gear: Small c kites that don't have bridles and no 5th line. Epoxy surfboards.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Riding waves backside....

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:24 pm

SupaEZ wrote:Bob's thread title is.............riding waves backside looks like s**t

I only see him "ride" on his goofy side..merely smacking waves and playing chicken with them

Nowhere do we see him ride with his left foot forward going toeside...i guess his booties are glued

Show us your feet switching video that proves that you can go 100% equally toeside on both tacks !!



Wind direction would have to switch. But I can ride equally strong both regular and goofy on waves. Just show us one video of you on wave riding with your 20m kite please.

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:10 pm
Kiting since: 1988
Style: Jumps and waves
Gear: Small c kites that don't have bridles and no 5th line. Epoxy surfboards.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Riding waves backside....

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:29 pm

SSK wrote:
i am not impressed by Bob's 2.5m riding. There are plenty of vids of guys kiting Hatteras at 40+ conditions, but the difference is that it is usually double overhead and exploding on the sand bars. Not just some white water riding.



Those guys aren't on 2.5 trainer in the waves kites though. Usually they're overpowered doing one turn on a crappy close out and running away. :kiff:

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster
Posts: 372
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:10 pm
Kiting since: 1988
Style: Jumps and waves
Gear: Small c kites that don't have bridles and no 5th line. Epoxy surfboards.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Riding waves backside....

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:35 pm

Toby wrote:BM: asking for other people videos and having yours pulled is pretty uncool.

Lost your credit there!

And if your videos are available for public and someone posts it here, it is legit.
Won't delete it anymore.

But I saw you already blocked the one you had ;-)




The best video I have is still public. Riding a 2.5 in the surf in that vid. I wonder can anyone on here post something more unique or cool? The other vid was just testing a pack and wasn't an example of top riding.

LoneWolf
Rare Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:08 pm
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Riding waves backside....

Postby LoneWolf » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:37 pm

Good morning troll.
Attachments
Elma's Troll.jpg
Elma's Troll.jpg (132.54 KiB) Viewed 548 times
Last edited by LoneWolf on Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Return to “Kitesurfing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Frank82 and 19 guests