Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Homemade foam core/carbon foil board.

Here you can exchange your experience and datas about your home build boards
Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Homemade foam core/carbon foil board.

Postby Tone » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:05 pm

Morning guys,

As a winter project, myself and a few others are separately building hydrofoils.

I have chosen for my first, to go down the route of a corecell foam core with carbon box section tubing as reinforcement, wrapped and vacuum bagged in carbon cloth.

The question I have is, how many layers of carbon over corcel foam would be considered very strong?

I know this is based on the cloth but I am aiming to use bidirectional cloth for strength in 300g.

How many layers would I need to be mega strong?

thanks

p.s. if anyone wants to see the progress, let me know and I will post some pics.

tkettlepoint
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Jellyfish boards custom boards
Brand Affiliation: Jellyfish Boards
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Homemade foam core/carbon foil board.

Postby tkettlepoint » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:36 pm

sent you a PM which should help you out...

love to see as you go one...

Terrie

ozchrisb
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ozchrisb » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:09 pm

Pics please!!!!! :D

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:12 pm

no pictures yet? show us something! you'vve got a reputation to up hold :)

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:24 pm

Man, you should chill out, what reputation does he have to uphold?

Unlike the chap you have aledgedly sent money to for a non existent foil, tone isn't trying to sell anything,

He isn't trying to rescue his reputation that went to shit when his boards and foils snapped and he disappeared from the market leaving importers and factory workers out of pocket,

He isn't living on shit he did years ago that had substantially moved on since his last foray in the market

Also why did you edit you did at tone in the raceing thread? Because you realised it was dumb? Or that the reasons he would have given could have durectly applied to you?

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:43 am

Arcsrule wrote:no pictures yet? show us something! you'vve got a reputation to up hold :)
Hehe, I don't have a reputation as a foil producer.

I work in IT 40h a week and kite in the evenings and weekends.

But I do appreciate you taking the time to poke me with a stick. Do you have a delivery date for your foil yet?

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:10 pm

Tone wrote:
Arcsrule wrote:no pictures yet? show us something! you'vve got a reputation to up hold :)
Hehe, I don't have a reputation as a foil producer.

I work in IT 40h a week and kite in the evenings and weekends.

But I do appreciate you taking the time to poke me with a stick. Do you have a delivery date for your foil yet?
delivery in march :wink: you're goinna be wanting my extra foil/board too haha
so is your new project glassed? you're behind with your updates.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:36 pm

The thing here is Mr Arcsrule.

I am not wishing failure on Carafino, nor am I wishing that you don't get your boards. I sincerely hope you get your board and I am confident you will.

I don't get why you feel the need to wish failure on me?

You sent money to someone who has a very shady background who has only JUST shown a pic of what looks like a very early proto of the board you're getting this month?

As for wanting your second board? I have no intention nor wish to ride a Carafino. I am enjoying learning a new skill. You should give it a go some time!

Tony

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:07 pm

II don't get why you feel the need to wish failure on me?
I don't wish failure on your at all. you asked questions about board building on a couple threads with pics to follow in a week. so it now appears you finish your foil and ypou're learning it? correct?

You sent money to someone who has a very shady background who has only JUST shown a pic of what looks like a very early proto of the board you're getting this month?

I'm not sure where the shady back ground reputation came from. i actually started talking with him last Sept, after calling MHL and trying to research Moses/Taora/Spota. Carrifino is the only one I was able tof actually have a conversation with. I'm not sure of his native language but i do know mis-intrepretations happen on the net because of language barriers. All others i spoke with were strictly price with no info of any kind.

As for wanting your second board? I have no intention nor wish to ride a Carafino. I am enjoying learning a new skill. You should give it a go some time!

So if you are enjoying your 'new skill', then you finished it? so start a thread of do's and dont's. i'll read ever inch of it and hopefully learn something to use when i get mine. Don't worry about buying my 2nd one. at half the price of all others, i'll have no problem selling it, if i want. Since it has a very good warranty, i really don't expect to need more than one anyway.

that taora sword is the bomb, according to the video's i've watched...

stefaans
Very Frequent Poster

Postby stefaans » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:25 pm

I'm the importer for Spotz and don't remember a conversation with you. Yes Spotz the proven foil that just won the San Juan event. Actually Spotz has won all the events so far this year. San Juan(Jon Modica) and Lord of the Winds(Adam Whittington).
Please forgive me if i maybe left out an event in Europe I am not that up to date on all events internationally.
Yes the Sword is a nice foil too. The Carafino is probably fine for just foiling around and cheap.
Haven't seem him attempt any high performance models yet.

Return to “Gear Builders”