Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kiteforum 2014 - how do you want it?

Forum for kitesurfers
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: Kiteforum 2014 - how do you want it?

Postby Kamikuza » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:54 am

Want to be able to choose how many posts are on a page - they're too short now.

Larse
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lynæs , DK
http://www.KiteboardingExercises.com
Favorite Beaches: Poppelvej, DK
Style: Wakestyle/freestyle
Gear: LF Nirvana, Envy, LF DLX and LF LFX
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force and http://www.KiteboardingExercises.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Larse » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:10 pm

For the iPhone app, it would be great, if you could jump to more than page 8 wothout using the arrows in the bottum.

And it would also be cool, if you could jump to last oost after opening a thread.

Larse
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lynæs , DK
Favorite Beaches: Poppelvej, DK
Style: Wakestyle/freestyle
Gear: LF Nirvana, Envy, LF DLX and LF LFX
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force and http://www.KiteboardingExercises.com

Postby Larse » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:12 pm

And "latest" vategory doesn't work correct. If you view a post from "latest" and trys to go back to the category it jumps back to the top... :(

MACTNKA
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Nantucket
Favorite Beaches: Madaket harbor, south shore, jetties
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Core, xennon
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby MACTNKA » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:45 pm

Hey Toby, i tryed the search engine again and the fault of the search by topic is that it displays all the topics that contain your search terms in the answers. That is not convinient as it is exactly the same as searching by the answers inside the topics. What i think would be more convinient is to search by "topic", only by terms and key words that are in the title, not all over. This will narrow it down and make it way more accessible!

Johnny Rotten
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Surf and wake
Gear: Vegas
Torch
Neo's
Hand made boards of pure excellence

Postby Johnny Rotten » Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:55 am

gbgreen59 wrote:Please ignore if this has already been discussed....

I would like to push a button to "thank" someone. Another to "Like" someone's statement would be good too. Many times, I like someone's statement or want to thank them, but have to respond to the thread to do so. I would like for them to know that I read their information and respond with a positive response directly to their statement.
Agree I've seen this on a few other forums. Particularily when someone is asking a question or for advice it is useful. You'll be trolling through the search and stumble into a piece of priceless information that someone posted. in many cases you may have little to add to the thread or it's out dated. A thank you button as well as a listing of how may times people have been thanked can help you figure out who knows their stuff as well as encourage people to give good advice.

Somehow using the emoticons seems a little too EZ

:thanx:

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:50 am

Agreed the search function on this site is a bit clunky at times.

Eurus
Frequent Poster

Postby Eurus » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:32 am

MACTNKA wrote:Hey Toby, i tryed the search engine again and the fault of the search by topic is that it displays all the topics that contain your search terms in the answers. That is not convinient as it is exactly the same as searching by the answers inside the topics. What i think would be more convinient is to search by "topic", only by terms and key words that are in the title, not all over. This will narrow it down and make it way more accessible!
The problem with this is that not everyone adheres to a standard of posting the actual topic of their post in their topic heading. I see posts topics all the time that do not contain a reference to what they actually post about.

Toby's search function is a boolean search method and it works great because it allows you to quickly and easily filter out the posts that aren't relevant to your search.

Please Toby don't go away from the boolean search method. I think if you are able to offer a filter method by which we can choose SEARCH BY TOPIC or SEARCH BY THREAD CONTENT it would satisfy everyone's search desires.

Overall I like the site as it is. The main landing page is a bit too full of information but for the most part I like the site.

MACTNKA
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Nantucket
Favorite Beaches: Madaket harbor, south shore, jetties
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Core, xennon

Postby MACTNKA » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:09 am

Eurus wrote:
MACTNKA wrote:Hey Toby, i tryed the search engine again and the fault of the search by topic is that it displays all the topics that contain your search terms in the answers. That is not convinient as it is exactly the same as searching by the answers inside the topics. What i think would be more convinient is to search by "topic", only by terms and key words that are in the title, not all over. This will narrow it down and make it way more accessible!
The problem with this is that not everyone adheres to a standard of posting the actual topic of their post in their topic heading. I see posts topics all the time that do not contain a reference to what they actually post about.

Toby's search function is a boolean search method and it works great because it allows you to quickly and easily filter out the posts that aren't relevant to your search.

Please Toby don't go away from the boolean search method. I think if you are able to offer a filter method by which we can choose SEARCH BY TOPIC or SEARCH BY THREAD CONTENT it would satisfy everyone's search desires.

Overall I like the site as it is. The main landing page is a bit too full of information but for the most part I like the site.
I am a great fan of the search by post function on Kiteforum. The thing about the two search options"post" and "topic" is that they are almost identical. they both look for key words inside the answers of the topics.
I found it frustrating at times trying to go back to a comment or a review I had found in the past 'cause it doesn't send me to best results(kind of like Google) but instead it sends me to to the most recent topics that contain one or more of the keywords that I used.
Don't get me wrong Eurus/Toby etc. I love the huge resourses of the forum, I wish I could access them more easily. In a perfect world there would be more Googliness to it @-)

Return to “Kitesurfing”