Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Where do you store your kite knife?

Forum for kitesurfers
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Where do you store your kite knife?

Postby Caesar » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:46 pm

Hi,

I just got hold of 2 Ion kite knives (one for my ProLimit and one for my girl's brand new ProLimit harness which didn't come with a knife).
I have a knife pocket on the back of the harness, but that wont hold a knife any longer (that's the reason I lost my previous one). The Velcro is a joke. One crash and it will slide out of there.
My girl's harness has a little pocket underneath the spreader bar, but it would be hard to pull out a knife if under power.
Do you have a string attached to your knife and have it somewhere else, easily reachable, safe but handy?

Cheers
Caesar 8)

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Where do you store your kite knife?

Postby KYLakeKiter » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:35 am

The easiest access I have found for getting to a knife is the pocket on the chest of my impact vest.
Impact vest knife.jpg
My waist harness is a Dynabar XT. It has a pocket on the left rear that I found was difficult to reach in deep water. I have had success tucking the knife between the Velcro on the cumberbun adjustment with the handle at a 45 degree angle up. I have kept it there for a while now and haven't lost it yet (famous last words :lol: ).
Alternate knife location.jpg
I am not sure if that will work with your harness or not, but it might be an idea. Good luck finding a better spot to keep your knife.

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A
Has thanked: 0

Postby dyyylan » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:45 am

Right under the spreader bar on both my dakine and mystic harnesses. Never pulled them out and they've never fallen out.

jaystore
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rome
Brand Affiliation: JAY
Has thanked: 0

Postby jaystore » Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:27 pm

KYLakeKiter wrote:The easiest access I have found for getting to a knife is the pocket on the chest of my impact vest.
The attachment Impact vest knife.jpg is no longer available
My waist harness is a Dynabar XT. It has a pocket on the left rear that I found was difficult to reach in deep water. I have had success tucking the knife between the Velcro on the cumberbun adjustment with the handle at a 45 degree angle up. I have kept it there for a while now and haven't lost it yet (famous last words :lol: ).
The attachment Alternate knife location.jpg is no longer available
I am not sure if that will work with your harness or not, but it might be an idea. Good luck finding a better spot to keep your knife.
The neoprene pockets covering pull down webbing buckles can store knife both side of the harness.
Attachments
Alternate knife location.jpg
Alternate knife location.jpg (146.3 KiB) Viewed 1463 times

Return to “Kitesurfing”