Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

EpicKites 4G

Forum for kitesurfers
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: EpicKites 4G

Postby Laughingman » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:14 pm

OceanAdventures wrote:
Dimitri M wrote:
Will give you a shops perspective on female specific kites... They don't sell good at all.
Thank you OceanAdventures and I totally understand what you are talking about. But I did post the same inquiry on my FACEBOOK page few minutes ago and I am getting a lot of response from the girls. Most of them are private messages because they want to stay private. So there is a need, like there is a need for Kids gear and as you can see right now we are the only company that makes kites and boards for kids.
There is also a need for gold chains with the name "Big Daddy Baller" on them, doesn't mean its a good idea to mass produce them.
ROFLMAO

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Poster: OceanAdventures
There is also a need for gold chains with the name "Big Daddy Baller" on them, doesn't mean its a good idea to mass produce them.
I never said mass production. A good example is our new SURF kite model. We made a small run of 238 SURF kites and right now we already pre sold a little more then 1/2 of them and the kites are not out until the end of February beginning of March. So this will be basically the same idea with the WAHINE kite.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:37 pm

Judge with bridle, Judge with bridle, Judge with bridle, Judge with bridle, Judge with bridle. :bye:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:40 pm

Yes Mr.Oldnbroken your wish is my command. We are working on the JUDGE with bridles also. As you can see we are very busy working on all these prototypes.

Nigel HKB
Rare Poster
Gear: Epic Kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Postby Nigel HKB » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:58 am

I have a kite school in Grand Cayman, Hurricane Kiteboarding. We are in our second year of operation and have been putting the Epic kites to the test. We mostly use Renegades in the school but also a couple of Screamers and infinity’s. I have worked with almost all brands of kites over the years and am super happy I made the choice to use Epic kites in my school. One thing that is super important in running a school is after sales service I’ve had a hell of a time with other companies in the past. Anyone that has dealt with Epic knows it doesn’t get any better. I actually don’t know another business that reply’s within the hour let alone from the owner himself. I don’t know what all the idiots bang on this forum are about? Clearly they just don’t have anything else to do. Any problem we’ve had has been dealt with efficiently and fairly. Both our 3G and 4G kites have taken a pounding and are all in top condition. The school by us is splitting kites every other month and we still haven’t had a blowout. The Renegade is an awesome teaching kite super forgiving but still retains performance I would recommend it to any school. If you get a quick slot between lessons the crew don’t even bother to changing the kites Renegades loop, unhook and pop and are ready for the next beginner lesson to take place. Everyone is always surprised when they try our kites at demos, keep up the good work Epic and people will just keep coming back!

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:22 am

Well I regularly have an email chat with dimitri and I'm not even an epic rider!!!

He's a passionate bloke and I respect this.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:43 am

These are some pictures of Momi and I at the EPIC factory in China as we speak. Working on few new products and making sure the factory is on it about quality control.

P.S. By the way, you need to get use to the food. I think Momi has become vegetarian
Attachments
1.JPG
IMG_4279 6.jpg
IMG_4306 1.jpg
10.jpg
4.jpg
7.jpg
IMG_4359.jpg
IMG_4374 3.jpg
IMG_4313 8.jpg
Testing the opening of the CL at 253 all the way up to 351 kg.jpg
12.jpg
IMG_4271 9.jpg
16.jpg
15.jpg
5.jpg
3.jpg

FrenchPascal
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: France - Le Dossen
Style: all style
Been thanked: 0

Postby FrenchPascal » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:57 pm

Hello from France Dimitri !
I have some questions :
- Could you present the chinese factories ?
- Why do you have a Tee-shirt and the chinese have a pull and jacket ?
- What do you think about the Technoforce D2 Canopy ?

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:06 pm

Oooh new bar ends! :thumb:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:55 am

Hello from France Dimitri !
I have some questions :
- Could you present the chinese factories ?
- Why do you have a Tee-shirt and the chinese have a pull and jacket ?
- What do you think about the Technoforce D2 Canopy ?
Hello FrenchPascal
I can't show you too much about the Factory because of other kite companies that are made at the same factory. But the reason I have a T-shirt is because I have been working really hard non stop running around from one place of the factory to the other place.
We have been testing the D2 canopy which is a good product but it has its disadvantage. First of all it's heavier material and this causes few other problems on the impact. We are testing a new product different then the D2 but we need more test.

I hope this answers your questions :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”