Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Brasil travel advises please!

Forum for kitesurfers
Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Re: Brasil travel advises please!

Postby Caesar » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Toby wrote:
Caesar wrote:
awo wrote:My experience withmthe wind in August is lowest strength in Cumbuco ( from 20 to 30 knots) to 27/45 as you go closer to Prea and Tatajuba.
That doesn't match my experience at all. In August you will have the strongest winds in the Cumbuco area and as months go on, it will be stronger the further you go to the NE.

Cheers
Caesar 8)
I think he means it is the lowest strength along the coast...So Cumbuco has less wind then Jeri, which is true.

These are the high wind spots:

from South to North:

Capim Acu
Ilha do Guajiru
Prea
Jeri
That's not true in June, July or up until August where the wind is less up there than in Cumbuco. After August the winds up there are stronger.
My experience only...

Cheers
Caesar 8)

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:36 pm

ah, ok, didn't know that, since I never heard it before.

Interesting! :thumb:

joandani
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Castelldefels (Barcelona)
Style: Old School / New School / Surf strapless
Gear: Naish Torchs 12 /9 2010
Airush Razor 7m
Slingshot Fuel 5m
Clash 136
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby joandani » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:24 pm

By the way, i can imagine a good way to know this when I will be there...
Is there any online wind pages that show u the wind in live of the differents spots between cumbuco and jericoacoara? this would be very useful!

Caesar
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Palm Cove, Port Douglas, Yorkeys Knob
Gear: Not telling unless I'm getting paid.
Brand Affiliation: Nothing...

Postby Caesar » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:13 pm

joandani wrote:By the way, i can imagine a good way to know this when I will be there...
Is there any online wind pages that show u the wind in live of the differents spots between cumbuco and jericoacoara? this would be very useful!
Live feed of Cumbuco is here:
http://www.cumbuco-oceanview.com/weather

Cheers
Caesar 8)

Kite1999
Rare Poster
Gear: Core Riot X3
Core Fusion 137/41
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Kite1999 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 3:34 pm

The wind should get stronger the further north you go from Fortaleza, also in August. Although it can be possible that in the next state of Piaui (very north) the wind is not that strong yet.
If you stay north of Fortaleza, you should have almost a wind-guarantee for any day of your stay. South of Fortaleza you should usually find a bit weaker but often very steady wind. The chance of wind might be a bit lower than north, but it is not always like this. It is highly dependent on where you go. If it is your first time Brasil I would head to the north. Though it is a matter of taste.

You get the most out of your stay when you rent a car and just drive up the beaches. Looking for Flat-Water you can stop at Taiba Lagoon and a must stop is Paracuru. To get a bit more of a brazilian atmosphere, stop at the beautiful beach of Lagoinha and spend at least a night there. They have a Lagoon which can be reached by a short downwind. If you would like to stay brazilian style (simple but great brazilian hospitality) try „Lagoinha Kitepoint“. It is also the place where kitesurfers meet each other on the beach.
Looking for Lagoons I would defintely stop at Ilha do Guajiru next. With your own car you will have the possibility to explore several spots if you want to. You can have a look here: http://www.guajiruinfo.com/ (information about Ilha itself but also about the sorrounding area).
There will be a few flatwaterspots around Jericoacoara but the next favourite for me, would be the village of Barra Grande which is situated a couple of hours north of Ilha do Guajiru. Just, it is a loong drive..

Bernie

joandani
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Castelldefels (Barcelona)
Style: Old School / New School / Surf strapless
Gear: Naish Torchs 12 /9 2010
Airush Razor 7m
Slingshot Fuel 5m
Clash 136

Postby joandani » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:25 pm

Thanks very much for all the advices!!! :D

I think i will do: cumbuco, paracuru, flexeiras, icarai, ilha do guajiru and jericoacoara.

My last question is: For renting a car, I was told that I have to rent a 4x4 and go through the beaches by those 4x4. But someone told me that nowadays is possible that going through the beaches by car is being forbidden, is that true???

Someone can told me a good place to rent a 4x4 in some place near fortaleza, for 16 days, not too expensive? its better go there and negociate or take it from here?

Vacaloca
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Buenos aires, chascomus, punta rasa
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Vacaloca » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:46 pm

Been to ilha do guajiru once. Had a blast. It is not a lagoon but you have a huge sand bank on the other side which makes for real nice flat water. It is also not crowded.

No town tho

Return to “Kitesurfing”