All times are UTC + 1 hour

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Ozone Edge 17 vs. Zephyr vs. North Dyno 17
PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:10 am 
Very Frequent Poster

True we weren't talking about Adelaide were we.

Lol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:34 pm 
Medium Poster

Puetz wrote:
... the Dyno will fit in nicely with your 9, and 14m, I've got roughly the same quiver (7, 9, 12 and 14 Rebel shared with family) and works well.
[...]
Zeph is such a fun kite and better in the waves than the Dyno but if your after that really light wind performance from the kites you mention, the Dyno is the pick.
[...]

Thanks for the tips to all, it came down to Dyno 17 :-). Was a close call with the Edge 19, but the bar compatibility with the quiver won me over again to the dar^H^H^H North side.

Thanks for all the comments and infos. It's almost impossible for me to demo the equipment. Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:21 pm 
Rare Poster

Anyone else notice the the dynos come out of the bag fairly well de-tuned? I first noticed it on a demo 17 I borrowed from the local north dealer. I thought the power was fairly piss weak for the size of the kite and the amount of wind I was out I in . ( close to 15 kts on a race board) .i wasn't overly impressed with it.

I purchased a 13 m a couple of weeks ago and the first sesson was a nightmare , very underpowered in about 15 kts on a raceboard ?compared to my previous kite a 13m 2012 rebel. On closer inspection I noticed the rear lines felt way too long . I double checked my bar the lines were perfect no problem there .

So I shortened the back lines on the bar about 75mm (under the floats) (using a 4line racebar with 30m lines)and changed the attachment on the kite front lines from the 4line to the longer 5th line setting. I new straight away after relaunching this had made some difference .

Totally different kite , heaps of power , went out again the next day in less wind and still had heaps of power.

It's like the bridles aren't 100% tuned up , but with some minor tuning you can really screw the wick up on these things. Want to have a run on the 17 tuned up .

[ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2