Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Nitrous Shorts Harness/ Seat Harness good for hurt ribs?

Forum for kitesurfers
windtzu
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nitrous Shorts Harness/ Seat Harness good for hurt ribs?

Postby windtzu » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:52 pm

matth wrote:Seat 24/7 . No one could ever convince me waist are better than seats. Better leverage, more comfortable, bar in reach , and no broken ribs.
Buy a sliding bar to go with it . Going toe side with my Dyna bar is a breeze.
All of the above. :) I too am a fan of the boardshorts harness combined with the Dynabar sliding hook. As for the waist harness, I don't miss the potential bruised ribs, the harness slipping up, and the occasional "iron maiden" constriction - I like being able to expand my rib cage and breathe freely.

Preferring a slightly higher hook vs the Dakine Nitrous, I like the Liquid Force Styler Boardshorts Harness. Both are excellent however. Check out the ION B2 as well. My friend swears by his.

I think the best compliment you can give any one piece of gear is forgetting it's ever there. Compared to the waist and even the "diaper style" seat harness, the boardshort's harness is the last piece of gear I ever notice having on.

heinzbush
Medium Poster

Postby heinzbush » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Same here: Dakine Nitrous with a Dynabar!

I love it and won't ever ride a waist again, BUT my Nitrous basically falls apart after 1-2 seasons! Completely ripped on the back from those plastic inserts and one strap ripped as well...

Since I really like it, I probably just keep on buying them... Unless you guys can tell me the Ion one is similar with better durability...

I heard from my shop that ION had to recall the 2014 ones since they put the strap on the wrong place... That's why they are not available yet...

Pippi langsamer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Big Bay
Langebaan
Dolphin Beach
Shark Bay
Brand Affiliation: Naish

Postby Pippi langsamer » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:44 pm

Do yourself a favour and source a pair of B2s rather than the Dakine.

You'll probably pay a bit more, but at least they'll last longer...

MCMario
Medium Poster

Postby MCMario » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:23 am

I rode the Nitrous, B2 and Styler by LF. I now ride the styler because they are longer and have more style (styler). I found the B2 to be the most comfortable and durable. They are very similar to the Nitrous in almost every aspect. To be honest I find the styler not as well built than the other 2 but because they look so much better on you and don't go up since the leg belts are inside the shorts they are my choice of boardshorts this year. If Dakine and ION could make longer boardshorts I would switch back.

BTW I have a 2013 ION B2 size medium for sale at 70$ if interested. There is a little tear (1 inch) in the front resulting from the lines of an idiot crashing his kite on me. Purely esthetic but it still a little tear. I live in Canada if interested.

Mario

heinzbush
Medium Poster

Postby heinzbush » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:39 am

thx guys...

does anyone of you know if the B2 is compatible with the Dynabar?

bc-sf
Medium Poster
Gear: naish parks, xride tt, slingshot celeritas

Postby bc-sf » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:52 am

I don't know about the Ion B2 specifically but would also be curious to know how they would work with the Dynabar. Has anyone set it up that way?

I have an Ion Apex harness and needed to use the jaybar belt hook adapter to make it work with the dynabar. Frustratingly, the belt hook adapter (another $20-40+s&h) doesn't just work with the V7 - it needed to be mashed/squeezed/bent a few mm ~ 1/4" narrower with a vicegrip to make it fit (per the factory rep).

Given all the webbing is pushed up front, there might be enough for the smaller dynabar.

SonnyRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
Favorite Beaches: So many. In no particular order - Outer Hebrides, Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal, Brazil, Barbados, Sardinia
Style: Strapless surfboard & strapless foiling
Gear: Airush Wave 7, 9, 10, Ultra v2's 7, 10, 14 and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds, 5.5, 7, 9, 12, Varial X 14m

Firewire Evo Helium 5'3" , Airush Converse 6'. Shinn Mega k carbon with a 75cm mast. Building a 120 carbon pocket board
Brand Affiliation: I like the build & ethics and kites from Airush. I've had Ozone, Liquid Force, PLKB, Flexifoil

Postby SonnyRider » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:14 am

I use an old pair of the Dakine Nitrous shorts with the dynabar. I don't see why it would not work with the B2 shorts

I also have the Apex harness, like bc-sf I had to use the belt hook adaptor. I don't see it as frustrating having to squeeze them in a little. I would say a little inconvenient, as in boo hoo, I have to make a slight adjustment . . . :roll: :)

kiteontario
Medium Poster
Gear: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Nobile

Postby kiteontario » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:35 pm

MCMario wrote:I now ride the styler because they are longer and have more style (styler).
Mario, I sent you a PM. Wondering where in Canada you found your LF Styler shorts.

MCMario
Medium Poster

Postby MCMario » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:16 am

kiteontario wrote:
MCMario wrote:I now ride the styler because they are longer and have more style (styler).
Mario, I sent you a PM. Wondering where in Canada you found your LF Styler shorts.
Sharksco.com in Quebec.

Return to “Kitesurfing”