Carafino: Reply to my critics

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Carafino: Reply to my critics

Postby cglazier » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:24 pm

I bought a Carafino hydrofoil board in 2008. Just recently it finally broke beyond repair. Am I unhappy? Not at all. It got me and my friends foiling and was a lot of fun. It probably could have been made better but it was inexpensive and manufacturing these things was quite new.

(I have also broken other kite boards from big companies like North and again I have no complaints since they also lasted a reasonably long time and were fun to ride.)

Just my experience.

:wink:
Chris Glazier

Hawaiis
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kailua
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Hawaiis » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:49 pm

I too have very good experience with my Carafino foil, Even though it was circa 2008, it is still better than my Rush Randle or MHL. Most of Carafino's critics are his former dealers in Europe. They are in the foil making business now, so they have vested interest in slandering Carafino.

tkettlepoint
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Jellyfish boards custom boards
Brand Affiliation: Jellyfish Boards
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby tkettlepoint » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:40 pm

anything will break over time... just some take longer then others.

One twintip for example only lasted a couple of months for a guy , but he is 200+ and like to ride powered 100% of the time .. he hucks it large and comes in hard. He split the board right under his boot. Another guy is 200+ and hucks it just as large and comes in smooth and has been riding it for 3 years now.

Surfboard built one that has lasted a teamrider for 3 years now and still looks like new. he does strapless airs all the time. not even a heal dent, ( heavier then a production board but built to last) he has a production board not even a year old and it is dented all the hell and taking on water.

Bottom line is how you look after things and how you ride.

I am sure Carafino foils and board are great and will last a life time if you look after it. If you are jumping 30+ feet with a foil sometime will break sooner or later.

just my 2 cents
Terrie
www.jellyfishboards.com

Return to “Hydrofoil”