Forum for kitesurfers
badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Re: New Anti Theft Kitesurfing Device: The Beechlock

Postby badgb21 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Hummm....in the vid the guy is launching with a family just downwind and the wind looked iffy to me - the dog taking a crap was a little off putting too!
The hook for kite launching needs to freely rotate around the post to improve theft security. Also a 3ft rope from the hook with a carabina will help hooking in too.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:42 pm

badgb21 wrote: ...
The hook for kite launching needs to freely rotate around the post to improve theft security. Also a 3ft rope from the hook with a carabina will help hooking in too.
I told him to just get rid of the hook ; your idea(s) are Better !!

Maybe find a way to drop the price a bit ; a Little bit of something, is Better
than All of nothing.

Bille

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: NEW ANTI THEFT KITESURFING DEVICE: THE BEECHLOCK

Postby tautologies » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:16 pm

Zenithki wrote:
plummet wrote:Whats stopping other people just unwinding it and taking your stuff?
Please watch the video on www.beechlock.com or youtube: beechlock
Well link to the video then.... I had to go look for it.
I like the idea tho. :thumb:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdmLkcU7O_o

fat blokes can fly
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Ozone Edge 7, 10, 13, 17.
Best Kiteboarding RP 52cm Bar, 22m lines.
Shinn Bronq 136 x 42.
Flyradical S 128cm.

Postby fat blokes can fly » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:57 pm

tomatkins
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby tomatkins » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:42 pm

A lot of us who take up kiteboarding are "natural born tinkerers". We appreciate creativity. This idea is quite creative, and it could be sold not just to kiters, but to any number of beach goers, who now take hundreds of dollars worth of electronics to the beach. These "sand anchors" could become a part of normal beach-goers beach kit. Just imagine the "assessories" that could go along with this idea... waterproof lockable boxes designed for i-phones, tablets, wallets, a "screaming mimi" divice that screaches when someone touches your stuff (you just have to come in off the water and punch in the code that silences it... I don't see any problems with that... other beach-goers will understand)!

The trouble in the future, where lots of this kind of stuff on the beach would immediately indicate to beach theives exactly where to valuable stuff is located..... is that....with a "vice-grip", the thief could easily unscrew the cork-screw anchor.

The dangerous problem, though, for kiters, is that there would be a lot of stuff on beaches that would not move when a kite line snagged it. At least now, when a line snags on something.... most of the time the line flips the item over and clears itself. So, the device should have a "quick-release".

But getting back to making it hard on thieves... what you really need in order to make the anchor more un-removeable is... TWO stakes which are locked together, so that neither of the stakes can be unscrewed without haveing the other stake rotate around and around the first stake. This could be done most easily if the "T" handle of each stake could slide through a ring in the top of the stake, so that it could be positioned in the center when the stake was being screwed into the ground, and then, the handle could be slid all the way to one end of handle. This way, the 2 ends of the handle would slide together and a padlock could connect them. Here is a picture.

Lots of problems with the whole concept of attaching stuff to a beach... tripping, snagging, etc.

I will just keep putting my wallet and i-phone in my shoe... they will never find it there! ha,ha,ha
Attachments
Screwed twice.jpg

FreddyKite
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby FreddyKite » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:31 am

tomatkins wrote:A lot of us who take up kiteboarding are "natural born tinkerers". We appreciate creativity. This idea is quite creative, and it could be sold not just to kiters, but to any number of beach goers, who now take hundreds of dollars worth of electronics to the beach. These "sand anchors" could become a part of normal beach-goers beach kit. Just imagine the "assessories" that could go along with this idea... waterproof lockable boxes designed for i-phones, tablets, wallets, a "screaming mimi" divice that screaches when someone touches your stuff (you just have to come in off the water and punch in the code that silences it... I don't see any problems with that... other beach-goers will understand)!

The trouble in the future, where lots of this kind of stuff on the beach would immediately indicate to beach theives exactly where to valuable stuff is located..... is that....with a "vice-grip", the thief could easily unscrew the cork-screw anchor.

The dangerous problem, though, for kiters, is that there would be a lot of stuff on beaches that would not move when a kite line snagged it. At least now, when a line snags on something.... most of the time the line flips the item over and clears itself. So, the device should have a "quick-release".

But getting back to making it hard on thieves... what you really need in order to make the anchor more un-removeable is... TWO stakes which are locked together, so that neither of the stakes can be unscrewed without haveing the other stake rotate around and around the first stake. This could be done most easily if the "T" handle of each stake could slide through a ring in the top of the stake, so that it could be positioned in the center when the stake was being screwed into the ground, and then, the handle could be slid all the way to one end of handle. This way, the 2 ends of the handle would slide together and a padlock could connect them. Here is a picture.

Lots of problems with the whole concept of attaching stuff to a beach... tripping, snagging, etc.

I will just keep putting my wallet and i-phone in my shoe... they will never find it there! ha,ha,ha
That's a nifty idea. I like it!

dusta
Rare Poster

Postby dusta » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:24 am

80 euro's ?

lol what a f^%@# joke .

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:25 am

dusta wrote:80 euro's ?

lol what a f^%@# joke .
dude you don't have to buy it. no need to be an ass.

Tomatkins. great continuation.

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:02 am

I think the idea is good.
If it makes the thief tinker with the thing for more than 10 sec then the avg thief will move on.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:35 am

Just ask a good friend to watch your gear. :)
Attachments
Good Friend.jpg

Return to “Kitesurfing”