Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Agios Nikolaos K.Spot one of best place for kite in Greece!

Forum for kitesurfers
IDAS kiteclub
Rare Poster
Style: Wake style freestyle.
Gear: Slingshot
RPM
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Agios Nikolaos K.Spot one of best place for kite in Greece!

Postby IDAS kiteclub » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:18 pm

Hello I want to share with you my home spot. :)
Agios Nikolaos is small village 9km from Lefkada island in Greece,the spot is 1,5km from the village.
The spot is constitute in 2 parts.
Agios Nikolaos kite spot it's perfect place for training and learning kiteboarding,the thermique wind start to blow every days around 12H30 between 15 and 20 knots some day wind can blow more than 30 knots. :rollgrin:

The first part: The front beach,on the left side of the beach we got a place reserved for the local school IDAS Kiteclubl it's possible to give lesson if you become member of the club.
We got also on the beach shower,wc and beach bar.
On the right side of the beach swimming area, is prohibited to kite inside.

The second part:Is the freestyle zone with the flat lagoon and the sea.
Where it's perfect for training or take some freestyle lesson with local rider.

The village of Agios Nikolaos
The people are lovely.
You can go in the evening to eat in the village in the good local tavern and bar.

At 900m from the beach on the mountain you have the Villa Pefkakia Bed&Breakfast with the best view ever on the kitespot and the beach.

Some pics
306603_445541745479318_1218586069_n.jpg
The lagoon for freestyle and perfect for photshoot !
DSC_0182.JPG
the front beach
maison-007.jpg
The Villa Pefkakia Bed&Breakfast
maison-007.jpg (219.42 KiB) Viewed 2420 times
IMG_0710.JPG
Sun rise session

urosk
Medium Poster

Re: Agios Nikolaos K.Spot one of best place for kite in Gree

Postby urosk » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:41 am

Been there 4 times, the wind was never more than 20 knts, the beach is clean but the water :roll: . People are awesome realy nice, but you have some kitesurfers who live in tents near the spot in no camping area. Locals have to do something.
for that reason I kite only on Milos beach on the island of Lekada and sleep in a lovely camp 7km from the spot in a camp caled Episcopos.
There are a lot of better spots around the world, but you could not find better people like greece are.
Uros

speedyRider
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Agios Nikolaos K.Spot one of best place for kite in Gree

Postby speedyRider » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:26 pm

I agree the spot is nice, but when i was there (Summer 2010) it was never more than 10-12 knots. The wind is always 3-5 knots less than on the island so it has to be one of those few days a month where there is 25 knots in lefkada to kite there. In normal thermic winds in lefkada is not strong enough unfortunately.

My friend was there 1 week more than i was and could kite there 2 days, still not enough considering 20 days trip. Water smells a bit to be honest but so flat is worthy (if there is wind). Wish it were a bit more windy, id be there every year hehe

Return to “Kitesurfing”