Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kite pumps- where's the technological advances??

Forum for kitesurfers
Millera74
Rare Poster
Gear: Ozone & North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kite pumps- where's the technological advances??

Postby Millera74 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:59 pm

I've had this electric pump for 3yrs and it has been fantastic (http://www.windchasersports.com/#!pump/c1yc2). Call me lazy, but when you're pumping up a 19m ozone edge everyday in the light wind spot I live in, it's so nice to get on the water without having burned 300 calories from just pumping up the kite. The WindChaser Sports pump has been worth every penny, and I can get at least 12 pumps (of a 19m) out of one charge!

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:12 pm

Zian kiteboarding wrote:Seems you have mist indeed the latest improvements.

Bravo alu red (reduced effort device) 4 kite pump

is at the moment the best pump around.
It's the pump that you indeed find in some brands latest pumps but with private label off course.

First of all, this pump is much more robust and much better sand resistant and pumps much easier than the classic pumps. But next to this the latest version (which is the one we will have in stock soon now....private label indeed) shifts from double action to single action at 400mbar....and that really makes a huge positive difference when pumping the kite. If this is what you look for, ask specifically for it as not all have this feature.
yes, it is good, but the nozzles that come with it are not good for classic small diameter valves, they are too narrow and hard to pump through. so do not throw away your old pump hoses with adapters.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:39 pm

eree wrote:

It's the pump that you indeed find in some brands latest pumps but with private label off course.

First of all, this pump is much more robust and much better sand resistant and pumps much easier than the classic pumps. But next to this the latest version (which is the one we will have in stock soon now....private label indeed) shifts from double action to single action at 400mbar....and that really makes a huge positive difference when pumping the kite. If this is what you look for, ask specifically for it as not all have this feature.
yes, it is good, but the nozzles that come with it are not good for classic small diameter valves, they are too narrow and hard to pump through. so do not throw away your old pump hoses with adapters.
So they are not aimed directly for kitesurfing it seems.... (but I doubt many are - as simply labelled copies of air matress/toy pumps because of the small niche market)

Any names of the brands/names they are sold under, if one wants to try one ?

8) Peter

FabsPH
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Oahu, S shore
Favorite Beaches: Oahu S shore, Mokuleia,
Style: Free style wave
Gear: Eclipse, Underground
Brand Affiliation: Eclipse, Underground
Been thanked: 0

Postby FabsPH » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:50 am

the advance is: bigger LEAKING inflate valves....... and a higher price for same old pump.
PS: my Eclipse pump from , what, 5 years ago ish, still going strong. Go Figure.
Pneumatic tool oil works, ... no shit,... it's an air tool.

SonnyRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
Favorite Beaches: So many. In no particular order - Outer Hebrides, Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal, Brazil, Barbados, Sardinia
Style: Strapless surfboard & strapless foiling
Gear: Airush Wave 7, 9, 10, Ultra v2's 7, 10, 14 and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds, 5.5, 7, 9, 12, Varial X 14m

Firewire Evo Helium 5'3" , Airush Converse 6'. Shinn Mega k carbon with a 75cm mast. Building a 120 carbon pocket board
Brand Affiliation: I like the build & ethics and kites from Airush. I've had Ozone, Liquid Force, PLKB, Flexifoil

Postby SonnyRider » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:22 am

Has anyone tried servicing their pumps? :?:
I know you can't service the Liquid Force one. Stupid, stupid idea . . . :-?

You, know take it apart, remove the plunger, remove the seals, clean all the gunge out and re-grease with some silicone oil\grease?

I do it every few months and our pumps last a couple of years. I especially do it with the pump we take on holiday. That way I know it's good and it's not going to fail on us. I try to take older pumps with us because I get fedup with the lazy fckrs who don't take their pumps with them and they constantly use that pump that's just lying around on the beach. Sorry, I didn't know it's a communal pump :roll:
Or for when someone takes a shine to it and takes it with them. A thieving Bastid in Gokova took my brand new pump :evil:

I do have one of the Bravo electric pumps as well
Last edited by SonnyRider on Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:14 pm

Yep sonny is right. Service them. I have a good 5 pumps some over 5 years old and still working.

Had my brand new pump go missing in action in Bali, bloody brand newy as well!!

Zian kiteboarding
Medium Poster
Gear: Aquila, Kima, Hantu
Brand Affiliation: Zian kiteboarding

Postby Zian kiteboarding » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:08 pm

Peter_Frank wrote:
eree wrote:

So they are not aimed directly for kitesurfing it seems.... (but I doubt many are - as simply labelled copies of air matress/toy pumps because of the small niche market)

Any names of the brands/names they are sold under, if one wants to try one ?

8) Peter
Or he does not have the "kite pump" but another bravo alu red pump, there are many kinds :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”