BreezeSleaze
Rare Poster
Gear: Slingshot RPM quiver
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

the best and worst kite graphics on the market

Postby BreezeSleaze » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:55 pm

I feel like some kite companies put a lot of quality time and effort into the graphics/designs, while others take the easy and cheap route and make kites in all one color (*cough *cough North) or only offering them in one color! Knowing that the major kite brands read these forums...I thought it would be nice to let them know what you guys think :wink: .. In your guys opinion which Kite companies have the best Kite graphics and which ones have the worst?

Top 3
Cabrinha
Slingshot
Liquid force

Bottom 3
North
Core
RRD

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Style: Freeride
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Re: the best and worst kite graphics on the market

Postby matth » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:14 pm

Like Cabs except for new switchblade. Like Slingshot and Ocean Rodeo, simple blue collar look(if that makes any sense). LF always catch my eye. North hit and miss, really like new Rebel (typical German look, serious but not flashy) Vegas kicks ass(there goes that flashy point). Epic are nice also. Airush are solid. Core and Blade not my fav, rrd weird, hate the cloud, hate Wainmans alice in wonderland nonsense.(sorry , just don't get it) That's my useless two cents.

william_rx7
Medium Poster

Postby william_rx7 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Less is more.

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards

Postby jespin4845 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:22 pm

Thats true, graphics are dead weight, an all black kite with a small logo and size would be what i would want

lchen
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Alameda, 3rd Avenue, Sherman
Favorite Beaches: Sherman
Style: Freestyle
Gear: North Vegas 7/9/12/14
Tona Flow 136
Tona Pop 138
Brand Affiliation: Tona

Postby lchen » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:25 pm

BRM Cloud is definitely my favorite

I hate Wainman's and 2012 or 2013 North. Whichever one was "SUPER FANTASTIC" and shit. That was awful.

Then again, I own Vegas's from that year.. so shows you how much graphics actually matter to me.

also the whole Best thing of putting up fingers for kite size.. I could do without.

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog, Horse Neck, Good Harbor, Yerrill
Gear: 7m Slash, 10m Pivot, 10m Slash, 12m Pivot. Firewire Vadar, Duotone Profish, Crazyfly Raptor ltd

Postby matth » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:31 pm

william_rx7 wrote:Less is more.
Not always......Graphics Sell. Performance comes first , but you have to like the looks. The cloud just looks like a big sheet in the sky. I am sure its a good kite, but it just looks cheap IMO.

wetdog
Medium Poster

Postby wetdog » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:24 am

Top 3
F-one
Slingshot
Naish

Bottom 3
Airush
RRD
Core

:)

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:19 am

the kite that flies right for me

BOTTOM

the ones that don't...

But to be a little more constructive on what I find a 'handbag' convo I think a clever graphic design on a kite is one that identifies the kite straight away even from a little distance from the shore. Some kites you just know what kite and what brand it is straight away...

windybrit
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 69
Local Beach: AAO
Favorite Beaches: Isle de la Madelaine, Isle Lameque........ anywhere I can get water time
Style: awkward
Gear: Slingsht UFO 5 & 8 m
Airush Ultra 12
Cabrinha Moto 7 & 9 , Best TS 6m
OR Jester, Dwarfcraft w Fusion 950 Foil

Postby windybrit » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:30 am

Westozzy wrote:TOP

the kite that flies right for me

BOTTOM

the ones that don't...

But to be a little more constructive on what I find a 'handbag' convo I think a clever graphic design on a kite is one that identifies the kite straight away even from a little distance from the shore. Some kites you just know what kite and what brand it is straight away...
Agree.... to me Slingshot and Ozone are the most instantly recognizable of what I see where I kite I, suppose Core too, but thats due to their "Henry Ford" colour policy ..

matth
Very Frequent Poster

Postby matth » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:49 am

Always liked Naish graphics and Cannot believe I forgot Ozone( I think their kites are amoungst the best looking).

Return to “Kitesurfing”