Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

San Juan Foil Cup in Puerto Rico - Day 3

Postby Toby » Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:03 am

San Juan Foil Cup in Puerto Rico - Day 3
1 juan.jpg
Started with passing squalls, winds fluctuating from 6 to 30 knots, making it challenging for riders to pick the right size kite. In the first race of three we had some standouts. Legend and Coach Rich Gardner having his best result. Zach Marks grabbing a second place in race one also having his best race of the event. Cabrinha rider and man to beat here in the beautiful waters of San Juan, Jon Modica "lover boy" grabbed two bullets out of the three races. Leif Christian Given rocked it today making a jump up the leader board by mastering his down wind technique. The young gun Andre Bacic nickname "M&M", as that’s his morning meal before kiting, was in the hunt today but could not take his mind off of the chocolate covered peanuts. Nick Leason, the man behind the incredible Lift Foils, is flying around the course, but when things go wrong he brings gymnastic maneuvers into Foil racing crashes. Close call for Kiko Dalmau and Willy Rodriguez, Both being such true sportsman's in race three, they both give way to each other, one riding on Starboard and the other on port, causing both to eject, explode and share a bunch laughs.

An incredible day of racing thanks to Bruno and the race crew! It is nothing but close calls and real racing battles. I am hunting down Lover boy Jon as I managed to win race two, but in race one I decided to tangle myself in the windward buoy. Note to everyone "Not Fast" Never ending excitement here in San Juan!

Damo
Attachments
1 juan 2.jpg

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: San Juan Foil Cup in Puerto Rico - Day 3

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:22 am

Great "aerial" shot :thumb:

8) Peter

Return to “Hydrofoil”