Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Maui
Style: Pro n00b
Gear: Naish 6m/9m.
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Boosting and spinning - butterflys

Postby mikewang » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:47 pm

When I boost or rotate with a kite, it all happens to fast. It's as if I close my eyes while it's happening, even though I don't. Do I just need more practice? I hope to get to a level where I can boost a straight air and be able to enjoy the view up there without feeling butterflys.

H53Driver
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: Boosting and spinning - butterflys

Postby H53Driver » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:21 pm

Just keep doing it Wanger and your ability and confidence will grow. The more comfortable you are the more enjoyable it will become. I'm sure you were nervous when you popped that cherry but now you're an old pro and it's all good....right :allbegood:

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Its funny, when you first start out you think you are way higher than you actually are. Then recently when I was learning board offs I dropped the board and watched it fall for a while before hitting the water. I realized I was much higher than I thought, haha

So you get used to it, dont worry :thumb:

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:55 pm

Dude thats funny, just concentrate on your kite redirection with 'aggression' while spotting the landing point, for a super soft touch down..

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Has thanked: 0

Postby Westozzy » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:22 am

The more you jump the more addicted you will become to greater heights and hang time (unless you just ride strapless SBs and wakestyle).

Eventually you will get to that point where it feels ho hum and it's time to strap yourself to a bigger kite and go bigger!!!! :D

...on a 16m 2011 dyno in 20 knots at 75kg...I also had butterfly's today, but that's a good thing!!!!!

Return to “Kitesurfing”