Forum for kitesurfers
Claudiokite
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: F-One Bandit

Postby Claudiokite » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:26 pm

I flew B2, B3, B4, B5 and now B7 never an issue with the kites. Some issues with bars/chicken loop but F-one replaced. To be honest i think f-ones offer much better constructions than other brands, I have seen plenty of kites breaking over the years rarely bandits.
But clearly as other brands there will be some failures, but I reckon their hit rate is pretty high compared to others.

Cheers

Estonia
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Estonia
Favorite Beaches: Estonia
Style: Freestyle
Gear: What gear do you ride currently

Postby Estonia » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:37 am

Our sea +2 degrees and many surfers still do not. Yesterday saw the beach 10m F-One Bandit. It seemed as if new. F-One Bandit is a bad product, it also divide the stitches broke.
Attachments
2014-03-22 14.06.08.jpg
Last edited by Estonia on Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Estonia
Rare Poster

Postby Estonia » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:40 am

Kite broke up in January. Depower rope handle was broken, Broken Bridle.
Bridle exchanging saw that the bulls are broken. Parts of the Bridle pullies. Factory ordered to go to hit the nail old bulls. Old to new bridal install. I get new parts under warranty. Everything is so slow, Bandit still have not got to work. Rope parts of the F-One will replace under warranty. It does not show the quality of the product. My stitches are kitel still broken, but that does not bother anyone.
Attachments
Bandit F-One  Kite breaks out and begins to stretch the seams..JPG
Bandit F-One Kite breaks out and begins to stretch the seams..JPG (111.49 KiB) Viewed 1801 times
DSCF1278.JPG
DSCF1287.JPG

samsam
Rare Poster
Gear: North Wainmann

Postby samsam » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:08 pm

In my experience Fone warranty is one of the best there is.
That central strut does look like it was over inflated.
Also, you had pulley problems, bridal problems, leading edge problems, and depower handle problems. I have never seen all these happen in a single kite that has less than a few hundred sessions. either this is a school kite or you treated it like hell.
My cousin is still using a Bandit1 7.5m for waveriding.

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii

Postby OceanAdventures » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:27 pm

Not brand bashing. F-one had some innovative kites, but I have always seen wear on their parts faster than any other kites and have order more parts for more f-one kites. We attributed it in the beginning because the kites pulled really well and lack of long term testing on the market. This was when we were dealing with the Dos and the 3 mainly.

Now looking at those pulleys, there was a time when Cabrinha switched from Rostand pulleys to an off brand, and that year we saw a lot of pulley failures. That looks like a different pulley and could be a problem. That was why Cabrinha started using the stainless steel rings instead of pulleys.

Estonia
Rare Poster

Postby Estonia » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:51 pm

samsam wrote:In my experience Fone warranty is one of the best there is.
That central strut does look like it was over inflated.
Also, you had pulley problems, bridal problems, leading edge problems, and depower handle problems. I have never seen all these happen in a single kite that has less than a few hundred sessions. either this is a school kite or you treated it like hell.
My cousin is still using a Bandit1 7.5m for waveriding.
Leading Edge gave a small bow, to show how these stretches will come. If you take the tension off the folds disappear. Stretched the seams of course, remain. This type can not be used in schools kitet because they do not withstand it. This what I have on my own on vehicles very well kept. Especially good warranty? Kite does not take even a factory for review. The decision was made that the warranty does not cover the top image.

fourperf
Frequent Poster

Postby fourperf » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:57 pm

no shortage of brand bashing on here. These days all kites are quite good. Shit happens with any kite (brand). I have owned many different brands. People have always bitched on here when they dont get what they want in terms of a warranty situation. F one has been great imo as far as warranty goes. I did have a bar break which was replaced with no questions asked. They did acknowledge that problem a few years ago and got it sorted. The kites are as bomber as any other. I have no brand affiliation and have been in the game long enough to get whatever brand I want for the bro deal. I just really like the kites. Lots and lots of very happy bandit pilots out there.
Just some food for thought on a sunday morning before a sesh.

Mark

Estonia
Rare Poster

Postby Estonia » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:42 pm

If any of you wants to take my place, please. Pay for 1799 euros a faulty Bandit, and a lot of luck to you.
F-One is an exchange between designers, replaced with the same material that I did not have the salmon. Why? If someone tells me that the allegations are false then I am ready to take responsibility for their own words.
If you buy a Bandit then you have the right to remain silent.

Estonia
Rare Poster

Postby Estonia » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:08 pm

My kite broke down last year. It is now the year 2014. has still not been done in a formal response. As a factory, I did not get a response. I invite you to help to provide the answer in this forum. We write on their gauthier@f-onekites.com
  How to go broke so the seams are on the picture to see how. How did the factory say that it is wrong in me when they are not viewing kitet taken over.
Attachments
Bandit F-One  Kite breaks out and begins to stretch the seams..JPG
Bandit F-One Kite breaks out and begins to stretch the seams..JPG (111.49 KiB) Viewed 1334 times

Return to “Kitesurfing”