Postby Westozzy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:40 am

4 words

King of the air

kjorn
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: EpicKites 4G

Postby kjorn » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:40 am

Longwave wrote:Can anybody compare the Screamer to the RRD Obsession? Both of them seems to be free ride big booster. And why do you prefer the Screamer over the Obsession (if you do)?
I disagree with Dimitry a little. The Obsession is more delta and a lower aspect, but it has quite a deep profile so there is a certain amount of power there as soon as you touch the bar. It is like a nice aggressive wolf on the end of the lines. It wants to bark and tear around, but it knows who is in control (you).

The Screamer is more like a dragon on the end of the lines, much much more aggressive in the gusts, you really feel it dancing around as the wind speed goes up and down. Much more punchy, where the obsession surges forwards the screamer punches forwards.

As for jumping, I ride the obsession on 27m lines, but the stock lines on the screamer felt a lot shorter, so the jumps hard to compare. I think generally it jumps higher, but is harder to dial in. Requires a lighter touch on the bar.

My brother loves the screamer and if I had the opportunity to swap my Obsession for one.... I really don't know. They are have such different personalities, yet end up almost the same.... the obsession feels a lot more like an excited dog that you want to run wild with. The screamer is like a crazy fucking tiger that you cling to with your heart in your mouth. Both just want to launch you up up up... but which do you trust to do a huge dead man?

I also rode an older Ozone Edge, that one I had to nickname "the murder kite" cos every time I rode it, it found a new and interesting way to try to murder me. That jumped very high, I'd like to try it back to back with the screamer.

Longwave
Rare Poster
Local Beach: PnP
Favorite Beaches: Les Landes...
Style: surf
Gear: RRD Religion 7m Switch Method V2 9m and 11m
RRD Obsession 9m and 12m Blade Trigger 10m
RRD Addiction 14m etc... and kitesurfboards (F-One fish 5'2", Underground 5'8", surfboards and a North nugget)
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Longwave » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:00 am

Hi Kjorn , very interesting comment with all these dragons, wolves and tigers.
I kind of understand what you mean and don't you think that the Renegade would be more in the RRD Vision type of kite group, all rounder, user friendly , also good for surf...?

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com

Postby KiteCulture » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:20 am

I'm a renegade mn, but it does depend on the mood of the session. I like the lower end and the easy up easy down floating jumps, but I also like to be nearly overpowered and the jumps are nice and large. When snow kiting in the lower range of thekitesi like the renegade as it just sits a little deeper. In the lighter side I find the screamer needs to be redirected to keep it in the window just because of where it sits...BUT. The Screamer 10 is my fav Screamer size. It has a bit of a renegade feel to it and is easy to time for jumps. It's really true thattheyhave a different personality. Different strokes for different folks. The renegade allows me to mess around with surface passes and such due to its forgiveness. But sometimes you just wanna go big. The S10 is really predictable. I love them not for different reasons. The best way to find what kite is right for you is to compare. Go to the OBX for a kite vacation and try all the brands... Then hook up with Dimitri to buy the Epic stuff. I was there...literally. Tried a bunch of stuff and have been an Epic buyer for all the generations of kites. I just like the way they fly... Feels like an extension of the arm

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:25 am

WestOzzy - sure but we all know the biggest air gets you nowhere - just ask Tom..

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:36 am

My understanding is 70 percent of the scoring is attributed purely to height.

The rest if for the technical additions.

Hence why Tom didn't win, he was cranking out the the old school stuff and crowd pleasing material but he didn't regularly get the most height.

The highest jump was the one that crashed and burned him and I still don't know why it counted.

I would loooove to see the screamer in this comp just blowing all the other kites away...I really would!!!

Why cause it's the biggest booster I've ever ridden. It literally scared the living shit out of me.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:06 pm

ShaveTheWhales wrote:
Dimitri M wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: did any one heard you screaming like a______ while boosting these huge jumps and doing these extreme kite loops???
Ha ha yeah a chic I met on the beach who was riding behind me :naughty: but I was having such a good jump session I thought - one great day of wind is better than her phone number and yeah well :cool2:

Dimitri that cool pic of you jumping big - Im happy enough to say, is pretty standard for these kites - once you learn to jump lol ;)

Soul19

The 4G 9m is a very different kite to the 10m LTD and have there own specific identities in flight, if you want to throw down big flat megaloops, the 9 is the machine... the 10 is more like a 'Stealth Bomber that will get you up in the danger zone,very quickly..

Personally I dont go for all the 'bottom end' banter in kites - I would rather use a bigger kite and ride hard overpowered..
Its the midrange and top end that these kites excel and start the adrenalin spikes.
If your not afraid of commitment and ride hard using the full potential of both kites you will understand - if not... well you may not see my point in relation to their potential performance.
Different strokes for different folks - its all good :)
Hey ShavetheWhales,

I absolutely love the 3G screamer 10m Ltd but haven't flown the regular screamers! I am with you on riding powered and riding at the bottom end of any kite isn't for me. The main reason that I bought the infinity v3 was for that reason (no more trying to make a 14m perform in marginal winds)! I have been testing out the demos that Dimitri has been sending me in all wind conditions to see what they are capable of doing and they have impressive wind range. For me I was most impressed with the low end power of the Judge and I am waiting patiently for the new Judge kites to hit the market. I was on Ozone C4 kites and I am replacing them with Judge kites as they just hit that sweet spot sooner and have a solid pull (but slack out well)....

James

I am looking forward to getting on the 4G screamers as well as the current 10m Ltd!

Longwave
Rare Poster
Local Beach: PnP
Favorite Beaches: Les Landes...
Style: surf
Gear: RRD Religion 7m Switch Method V2 9m and 11m
RRD Obsession 9m and 12m Blade Trigger 10m
RRD Addiction 14m etc... and kitesurfboards (F-One fish 5'2", Underground 5'8", surfboards and a North nugget)

Postby Longwave » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:39 pm

According to the Epic website the Surf 12m has less power than the Renegade 11m, and has a bit less upwind ability. Am I right? And how big is the difference?

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:37 pm

According to the Epic website the Surf 12m has less power than the Renegade 11m, and has a bit less upwind ability. Am I right? And how big is the difference?
Hello Longwave, as you can see from the info I have attached bellow, the difference in power and up wind ability is very very minimal. So it all depends of the conditions you are kiting in. But if you are looking for a kite that can do everything very good then the RENEGADE model is the kite you want. But if you are looking for a specific kite that was designed for the waves, then the SURF is the kite that you want to get your hands on.

P.S. Maybe I should put (10++++) for the SURF instead of (10).
Attachments
SURF.png
RENEGADE.png

nikalaitzian
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Loutsa Nissakia,Oropos,Vouliagmeni
Style: wave,bigair,megaloops,hydrofoil,wingfoil
Gear: Epic kites,BTS kiteboards,cohete surfboards,SAB,GAC hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites,GAC

Postby nikalaitzian » Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:44 pm