RedStar
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oulu
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ozone catalyst vs Best TS

Postby RedStar » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:24 pm

How would you compare these two? Freestyle / freeride use on water and snow. Intermediate rider.

AdrenalinDriven
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Those dangerous C shaped ones

Re: Ozone catalyst vs Best TS

Postby AdrenalinDriven » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:38 am

They are both great kites but quite different. I would say the Cat is a bit more "gentle" and suited to all around. As time goes by the TS becomes more and more suited to freestyle and wakestyle. For boosting looping and unhooking the TS wins but for all around simplicity I'd give it to the Cat. They are both nice and light on the bar and fly pretty fast. Great range on both and the ability to do any style. If you're more into tricks though the TS is the winner.

kitenico
Medium Poster
Local Beach: colombia
Favorite Beaches: cabo de la vela , puntagallinas , chivor , calima , cartagena ,puerto velero
Style: freeride, freestyle , wakestyle , race
Gear: bandit 9,12
edge 17

Postby kitenico » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:17 pm

Ive ride rpm byt ive ha try both, the ts felt as a very powerful kite and feels quite big in contrast the c4 feels very gentle, for freestyle i would prefer the ts but goong down one size (the guy who ride te ts usually takes the 10 when i am on my 12 rpm doing the same unhooke tricks in 15-17k warm wind and fresh water)

kitenico
Medium Poster
Local Beach: colombia
Favorite Beaches: cabo de la vela , puntagallinas , chivor , calima , cartagena ,puerto velero
Style: freeride, freestyle , wakestyle , race
Gear: bandit 9,12
edge 17

Postby kitenico » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:17 pm

Ive ride rpm byt ive ha try both, the ts felt as a very powerful kite and feels quite big in contrast the c4 feels very gentle, for freestyle i would prefer the ts but goong down one size (the guy who ride te ts usually takes the 10 when i am on my 12 rpm doing the same unhooke tricks in 15-17k warm wind and fresh water)

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:14 am

Well that clears things right up then... :D

Return to “Kitesurfing”