Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: EpicKites 4G

Postby Westozzy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:01 pm

Yep winter is coming (which means waves over here) have some lined up to demo, can't wait!!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:49 am

Poster: Balloonboy
I have the 12m and 8m. Didn't think I would need the 5m (5m??) but will get it as the kites have beaucoup power for their size.
They feel really different from the Renegades- which I used to use with both 22m and 15m lines.
Now I just use the Surf with the supplied 18m lines. They handle really well and the bar pressure is "perfect" according to longtime BEST kiter. I agree. I wouldn't want less.
Winter has been shit here for both wind and waves but the little I've used them (4 x) "they are like a well behaved child" to quote a friend. They just sit there and let you and your board go about yer business. They go upwind better than expected when toeside, but jumping is a bit of a challenge on the shorter lines (and because I suk and it'll take me a while to get it dialed).
The Renegade is still a better all around kite so the specialization of the Surf may not be for everyone. For me it is. Love the shorter lines, large inflation valve too.
Balloonboy is correct. If you are looking for an all around kite, then the RENEGADE model will be your first choice because the RENEGADE are great for Jumping, Wave riding, Teaching, FreeStyle, and Wake style. But if you are looking for a pure wave kite, then the SURF model will be the kite you are looking for.
Also as you probably know the RENEGADE kites come with an extra set of (15 meters) lines in the bag. So you can use it with the (22 meters) lines that comes with the bar or the (15 meters) lines. As oppose to the SURF kites that comes with an extra set of (18 meters) lines in the bag.
Personally I have been flying the SURF kites on (15 meters) lines most of the time since I have been riding the RENEGADE kites on (15 meters) lines in the waves, and I love it. But again its not for every body but you need to give it a shot if you get a chance.

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:11 pm

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Been thanked: 0

Postby KiteCulture » Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:05 am

Epic appears in The Kiteboarder magazine's retrospective profile. On news racks now! Great to be appreciated for the contribution of high performance gear for young riders!
Attachments
image.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:27 pm

This is a message I got from a kiter that did try an EPIC kite from our UK dealer and decided to buy one.
Once again as you can see the EPIC kites talk for themselves. All you have to do is get a chance to test them and you will see what the kite is all about.
Also one of the reasons we are so strict with whom we want as EPIC dealers is because we want the best of the best to represent the EPIC brand.
:thumb:
Attachments
DSC_0003.jpg
Screamer 9 happy customer 4.9.14.jpg

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:34 pm

This might be one of the reasons why EPIC kites has become a well know brand world wide. Five years now and going strong.
Attachments
HAPPY PEOPLE USING EPIC PRODUCTS.jpg

windsuks
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf/old school
Gear: Airush/North/Ozone/RRD

Postby windsuks » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Haha, that's the first I've seen that email but Jack is a cool kid and you can see him pushing himself every time he hits the water especially since being on the Epic's!

It's so cool to have people like him down on the beach, super keen and not bogged down with the hype....
he tried it, he liked, it he bought it!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:38 am

Another epic day in Puerto Rico. But this time in Dorado Beach at the GOODWIND kitesurfing center. Thank you Phil, Karla, Andy Hurdman, and every body else for having Cameron and I share this spot with you. You guys have a great spot for waves and flats.
Attachments
G0020035.jpg
G0151206.jpg
G0012211.jpg
G0161346.jpg
G0161347.jpg
me and my son sharing the waves. best feeling ever.jpg
11 year old Cameron Maramenides killing it on the SURF 5.jpg
Me and Andy Hurdman teaching a kiter.jpg
GOPR1116.jpg

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Been thanked: 0

Postby soul19 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:24 pm

Hey Dimitri,

I can tell that you are having a hard time travelling around and having to kite....it must be a very difficult life :thumb: Nice pics and Puerto Rico is on my hit list of places to travel to. Could have used your Surf kite in Panama as the wind was good and the waves were better! I could have sold that yellow rash guard with the Epic logo a hundred times over!

James

Back here in Northern Ontario it is the time that the lakes still have ice but you just can't get out on it. These in-between seasons are great times to heal up! Looking forward to actually taking the Judge and Infinity on the water and seeing how good they are outside of the snow kiting that I have used them in. Not looking forward to how bloody cold the water is going to be though.....

Olivier D
Medium Poster
Gear: Epic Screamer 2010 9m
Slingshot Lunacy
Brand Affiliation: EPIC

Postby Olivier D » Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:26 pm

A secret spot in France!

Return to “Kitesurfing”