Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

south America kiting and other

Forum for travel reports and travel questions
davetaff
Rare Poster
Local Beach: aberavon
Favorite Beaches: Bundaburg Australia, Coral coast fiji, Aberavon wales, Thong Nai Koh pang yang Thailand
Style: free style
Gear: 9m Zeeko 2010, 12m eclips 2080, Airush Protoy 2007
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

south America kiting and other

Postby davetaff » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:20 pm

Hello all.I have quite a lot of time off in January and I would like to go on a kiting holiday. Never neen to south America so quite fancy there but open to suggestions. I'm going with my girlfriend so the ideal would be:-
hot weather and water
Good wind (thats a given)
flatish water (free style)
long wide beaches, topical water not to busy.
A night life
and other things to do (brazilian carnivals, music festivals, the inca trail etc.) I want to propose to my girlfriend so a good story she can tell. Makes up for me taking her on a kitesurfing holoday :)
Relatively cheap
ideally abit of travelling.

Spots, hotle and suggested activities would be very welcome. Thank you all and happy kiting.

dracop
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Naska Beach - Kanaha - Maui, HI USA
Waipuliani Park - Kihei - Maui, HI USA
South Point - Hawaii, HI USA
A-Bay - Hawaii, HI USA
Favorite Beaches: _
Kanaha - Maui, HI
Kihei - Maui, HI
South Point - Hawaii Island
Kite Beach - Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Tableview - Cape Town, South Africa
Style: Big Air :D
Gear: 2022 Dice 10m/12m SLS, 2022 Rebel SLS 12m, 2022 15m Aluula Juice
2017 Core Choice 2 142, 2020 Duotone Jaime Textreme, 2014 Best Breeze 145,
Brand Affiliation: The Maui Kitesurf Company
www.mauikitesurf.com

Re: south America kiting and other

Postby dracop » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:42 am

Aruba

RIght off the coast of Venezuela, consistent 20-30 mph winds during that time frame, beautiful, lots of night life, memorable. Stay at the Ritz Carlton if you can afford that, one of the Marriotts if you cannot. You will be a short walk to everything you want on the beach (the main kitesurfing spot, Fisherman's Huts, is a short walk from RC and the Marriotts, with the line of hotels being RC closest, then Marriott Stellaris, then Marriott Ocean Club, then Marriott Surf Club).

The wind is consistent enough to plan it in advance and you will be happy, its why they are called trade winds as sailing ships used to rely on their consistency to travel around.

Wind is steady offshore, hiring a chase boat is economical relative to other spots as there are multiple schools offering the service right there.

Aside from kitesurfing, you can rent anything else you may want, from charter fishing to jetskis, to jetpacks for flight (really can). Multiple hotels offer tables on the beach 3 feet from the water for sunset dinners.

Overall, a very good spot for what you are considering.
Attachments
518.JPG
499.JPG

Return to “Travel”