Forum for kitesurfers
Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: New Ozone Edge

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:56 am

Yeah that's all true… I have 4 sizes of 2011 Crossbows and none of them give me folding or buckling grief, unless I'm lazy with he pump. It's probably accurate to say that the smaller sizes are even more rigid that the bigger--less space between bridle mount points...?

Rules of thumb eh ;)

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:59 am

Westozzy wrote:
Yep true enough. I tell ya some black magic and that's the price of a new 19m edge!!!
You not looked on the online Ozone shop? The prices they're throwing around on that WA site seem way high given the exchange rate…

And y'know it's no more than $400 more for a Chrono 18--the greatest kite ever made!

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:41 am

Westozzy wrote:

Yep true enough. I tell ya some black magic and that's the price of a new 19m edge!!!
Leave the price out of it, if you needed one you would get one (but you will never need one). Price is a very personal thing, relative to one's income and perceived need.
Wait till you see the competitors prices before you bash Ozone too much on that one, and even better go have a look at the price of a 2014 18M or 21M Flysurfer.

Saying stuff about price is as pointless as saying a kia is as good as a mercedes etc, or a mercedes is a rip because its 4-5 times the price of the kia. If the kia does the job for you great, but lets not be a silly bunt and begrudge the people who want and can afford a merc, or sledge their choice because of its price.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:28 pm

kitepower wrote:
Westozzy wrote:

Leave the price out of it, if you needed one you would get one (but you will never need one). Price is a very personal thing, relative to one's income and perceived need.
Wait till you see the competitors prices before you bash Ozone too much on that one, and even better go have a look at the price of a 2014 18M or 21M Flysurfer.

Saying stuff about price is as pointless as saying a kia is as good as a mercedes etc, or a mercedes is a rip because its 4-5 times the price of the kia. If the kia does the job for you great, but lets not be a silly bunt and begrudge the people who want and can afford a merc, or sledge their choice because of its price.
Bah-hahahahaha!

From your own website, AU$3400 (same price for a Speed4 21) for a big Edge... or US$2600 for the same from US Ozone shop and the exchange rate is 1.06:1.

Where does the extra $800 comes go? :o Perhaps it's just the price doesn't reflect the value...? Welcome to free-market economics :thumb:

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby Westozzy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:32 pm

kitepower wrote:
Westozzy wrote:

No I won't leave the price out of it. Thats a lot of coin for a kite by anyones measure. But yes you are right I'm sure the other brands will be right up there to!

drewkite
Medium Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby drewkite » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:34 pm

Great kites regardless of the cost!
Just ordered mines 8, 11 and Chrono 15!!!
That's why it's good to have an Ozone dealer as your friend :)

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:46 pm

The reason I am thinking thin leading edge is not the profile but weight and I throw the fifth line into the mix because I am thinking about the kite being flatter in the middle. I am thinking if you were to take qualities strictly for light wind and airstyle. So again thinner leading edge for light weight and flatter in the middle for glide/hangtime. Only a bridle at the end of the fifth would hold something like that together in my view.

drewkite
Medium Poster

Postby drewkite » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:50 pm

Some pics Rikki Leccesse posted from the Edge/Chrono photoshoot that will start this week
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:18 pm

Kamikuza wrote: Bah-hahahahaha!

From your own website, AU$3400 (same price for a Speed4 21) for a big Edge... or US$2600 for the same from US Ozone shop and the exchange rate is 1.06:1.

Where does the extra $800 comes go? :o Perhaps it's just the price doesn't reflect the value...? Welcome to free-market economics :thumb:
Well there has to be an exchange rate variance to take into account. Freight. economies of a scale as well.

But lets face it. freight should be less. its Aus is closer to Vietnam that US.
Aus market is still pretty big....

So you can't claim any of that bollock's

Our buddy kitepower sums it up quite nicely himself.

"Leave the price out of it, if you needed one you would get one "

Also the edge is a world champion kite many years over. If you want to be competitive in course racing this is the kite to buy. That pedigree commands a high price.

Quite simply kitepower is tucking it to the Aus market and charging as much as he can. And why not? if there's mugs out there prepared to pay the inflated price then charge that price.

Tfcm
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Botany Bay, Cronulla, Kurnell, Umina Beach
Style: Race, Foil & Wave
Gear: TemaVento RC70
Custom DIY Foil
Custom wave boards
Naish Park
ASV

Postby Tfcm » Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:32 pm

Im pretty sure kitepower are the Aus importer/wholesaler for Ozone as well as a retailer.. They should be able to be the cheapest by trimming the margin on margin they get...

Return to “Kitesurfing”