Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Re: Regulations?

Postby Bille » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:00 pm

MikeZ wrote: ...

Hmmm, try reading it again. The part relating to the Intracoastal Waterway only applies to parasailing and tethered ballooning.
DANG !!
I read it again, like Ya said ; your correct , i quoted the section above #6 , (or # 5) which applies
to moored ballooning ;

And Now i got to apologize to the --flyingweasel--

SORRY -- i Hate being the village idiot !! It's your turn to rub it in ; & well deserved
on This one . :(

Bille

--

MikeZ
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby MikeZ » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:10 pm

Bille wrote: DANG !!
I read it again, like Ya said ; your correct , i quoted the section above #6 , (or # 5) which applies
to moored ballooning ;

And Now i got to apologize to the --flyingweasel--

SORRY -- i Hate being the village idiot !! It's your turn to rub it in ; & well deserved
on This one . :(

Bille
--
Don't beat yourself up. Ain't a big deal.

RickI
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: SE Florida
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha

Postby RickI » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:26 am

Guys, the Florida wording used to a GREAT deal worse and to our serious detriment in kiting. We negotiated it to a much less impacting form. They were going to run with some restrictions regardless and we got it into the best form that we could given very little time to do so (a few hours for the last version). If you travel a mile from the end of many runways in Florida, you are still over land with no kitesurfers. This isn't universally the case but in those special cases, they are already known to be special cases and accommodations have been negotiated (if feasible), in the few instances I know of. If complaints are avoided, there is no reason to assume anything will change at this time off these special areas particularly off military airfields.

The best outcome would have been no mention of kiteboarding the state law, we tried to achieve this but thanks to the few kiters who managed to stir this mess up in the first place by SRQ, we were ultimately unsuccessful.

If you have concerns about this, do us all a favor and carefully READ and understand the current wording BEFORE posting complaints online or worse contacting legislators. You can PM me with questions too. The consequences of some acts are harder to try to undo than others.

http://bit.ly/1rsKx6n

(This link should work, it has been repeated a few times in this thread)

Last edited by RickI on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eurus
Frequent Poster

Postby Eurus » Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:02 am

Rick the link you posted does not point to a valid URL.

Return to “Kitesurfing”