Anyone using 2014 NP Gear?

Forum for kitesurfers
shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0

Anyone using 2014 NP Gear?

Postby shawn13 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:03 pm

Im looking at getting a new wetsuit and harness. I was thinking about the NP Rise and NP Mirage to replace my NPX Assassin and NPX Impact harness.

Anyone use the new gear and can provide some feedback? Thanks!

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Re: Anyone using 2014 NP Gear?

Postby dyyylan » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:27 pm

friend had one of the new wetsuits, i don't remember which one it was. it started falling apart after a few months, but he said it was super comfy. guess they sacrifice quality for comfort.

he also has a new npx harness and it looks very nice, he says it's very comfortable and doesn't ride up

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada

Postby shawn13 » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:38 am

So I picked up a 2014 5/4/3 NP Rise from http://www.silentsports.com/store/ and had my first session on it friday.

I was moving from a front zip to this rear zip. The suit kept me warm in 3 degree water (5 degree air) even tho its not as watertight as the front zip. Build quality looks pretty good and the suit stretched and flexed perfectly for my ride. I was extremely happy with my first session. Also, the colours are nice and bright which is what i was going for.

Will add more as I get more rides in it.

bigwave
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Style: Foil and Surf.
Gear: Kites: Slingshot UFO
Foil: Armstrong
Boards:Slingshot DC100
Harnesses: Mystic Stealth
Wetsuits: Mystic
Glasses: Lip
Brand Affiliation: silentsports.com

Postby bigwave » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:55 am

Thats awesome that you are liking the suit. When you get a couple more rides with it maybe you can do a full review and we can put it on the website. Do it soon though, apparently they fall apart after a couple months...LMAO! I tried the Lucifer today. At home, very toasty! lol

Lanc
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Cape Town
Favorite Beaches: Paje, Zanzibar
Green Island, Antigua
Low Bay, Barbuda
Style: Wave and Old School
Gear: Switchblade/Nomad/Drifter/Pivot/Rebel/Nitro
Underground FLX 132
F-One Mitu Monteiro Pro
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Lanc » Fri May 02, 2014 2:57 pm

I'd also like to know how the new ones hold up, and the price does not look that bad. I also have the NPX Assassin and it was warm and comfy until it started falling apart after about 18 months (2 full seasons), its almost time for a new one. It lasted quite few months longer than the two ION suits I had before, one lasted 6 months ( half a season) and the other lasted a little over 12 months (2 seasons), both very warm and comfy while they were in one piece. Might give mystic a go as my warrior 3 has lasted well over three years now when all previous harness fell apart after 6-12 months.

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron

Postby shawn13 » Mon May 05, 2014 2:12 pm

Update: I picked up a new Mirage on Saturday from Silentsports. Personally i'm a huge fan of blue and yellow so I'm extremely happy with the visual appearance of the harness.

This harness is a huge improvement over the NPX Impact I was previously using. It fits nicely between my ribs and hips. Tested it yesterday on a two hour session and the harness didn't move or pull up. Made a noticeable riding difference. Gave me great back support as well.

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron

Postby shawn13 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:04 pm

Update 2: After a few more sessions on the new wetsuit and harness I am still loving it. :thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”