Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Liquid Force fun foil

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Aummm
Medium Poster
Style: Old
Gear: Cabrinha, Ozone Kites, NO STRUTLESS!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Liquid Force fun foil

Postby Aummm » Wed May 07, 2014 1:14 am

Laughingman wrote:I can tell you this, the Solo will fly in very low wind, I would say 3 - 5 knots. Seems like that would be useful for foiling?
I'm sure it works better in light wind since LF evolved from Strutless to SOLO :thumb:
People surprised because LF was talking about a strut less kite, but since that they pulled the plug,
after all that R&D.
Which didn't work out and they couldn't satisfy the technical and practical demand of kiteboarding.
Not only Julien Fillion recognized, but Dimitri also the canopy needs some support for range and efficiency :clap:

jaros
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby jaros » Wed May 07, 2014 11:19 am

I'm sure it works better in light wind since LF evolved from Strutless to SOLO :thumb:
People surprised because LF was talking about a strut less kite, but since that they pulled the plug,
after all that R&D.
Which didn't work out and they couldn't satisfy the technical and practical demand of kiteboarding.
Not only Julien Fillion recognized, but Dimitri also the canopy needs some support for range and efficiency :clap:
Your posts about strutless kites remide me on posts from PumpMeUp about foil kites (are you the same person? :o ).
I have never seen a strutless kite in person, but with each text I read from you, it only makes me want to try it more. So at the end, you are doing them a favour. :D
Now, back to the topic!
Greetings,
Jaros

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards

Postby jespin4845 » Thu May 08, 2014 6:32 pm

is the LF HF something we can expect in the fall at the beginning of the season?

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu May 08, 2014 6:43 pm

jespin4845 wrote:is the LF HF something we can expect in the fall at the beginning of the season?
The beginning of the season where, Australia or CT maybe ?

Our season has begun fully now, in Denmark, and ends in october (fall) for most.

8) PF

tekko
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Gorge- USA
Gear: Liquid Force
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force USA

Postby tekko » Mon May 12, 2014 6:47 pm

Hey hey foilers!! Tekko here from LF USA. I'm the big white whale shirtless guy in the page 1 vid... having my first attempts behind the boat documented.

Well, after a session with the kite in Cape Hatteras after the guys shot the riding vid on pg 3, I've had 2 more sessions back home in the Gorge and finally starting to get some decent rides!

Amazing how addictive this is, despite being the most challenging thing I've learned in kiting in 12+ years! Crazy to feel like an out of control kook again and all fun at the same time!!

Yesterday got some of my longest and smoothest rides yet. So AMAZING when it comes together and everything goes quiet and you are just floating on the water. Now I have an understanding the #foilface everyone else I know whose learned has displayed after getting their first rides!

Trying to borrow and ride any foil possible at this point (thanks to Jim Stringfellow for both this pic and loner foil!) and really hope the RnD of the LF Foil stays on track so we all have them to play with later this summer! Some initial designs have been approved for opening molds and hopefully we'll have some initial parts to do final testing with in the next few weeks to hone in on a market ready product as soon as possible!
Attachments
tekko-foil.jpg
First day of some longer successful rides!

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Mon May 12, 2014 8:33 pm

jaros wrote:
after all that R&D.
Your posts about strutless kites remide me on posts from PumpMeUp about foil kites (are you the same person?).
I have never seen a strutless kite in person, but with each text I read from you, it only makes me want to try it more. So at the end, you are doing them a favour.
Now, back to the topic! Greetings, Jaros
his posts don't remind me PumpMeUp's posts. and even if they did, what is wrong with that?

do you propagate intolerance to intolerance? now that would be a paradox, heh?

there is difference between argument based on facts and blind following the sales arguments of the one particular opinion. don't forget that for now every major foil kite brand started their "pumped-up" kite lines. ozone do it for ages now, than it was turn for peter lynn, and, pièce de résistance, the flysurfer, the last bastion of the mattresses!

you are out of proofs!
now, back to the topic...

liquidforcekites
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Encinitas, CA
Style: Pure Fun
Gear: Envy
Havoc
HiFi
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force Kiteboarding

Postby liquidforcekites » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:06 pm

hey all..just a little more teasing of what we have going on..sorry for the teasing..but we are all sharing the foil stoke!!!! Conditions were pretty up and down and gusty..this is in Hood River after all! ha..wind was averaging 13mph...kite 9m Solo...
Attachments
foiled3.JPG
easy breezy
foiled!.JPG
have to show some falls!
foilcruise.JPG
smooth!

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:02 am

Love the crash picture. :P

jespin4845
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Worth, FL
Jupiter, FL
Style: Freeride/surf
Gear: kites and boards

Postby jespin4845 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:55 pm

any time frame?

still going with aluminum or now carbon?

can someone take a regular kite fish LF board and drill holes in it to attach another foil like an MHL?

really trying to hold out for the LF foil, but maybe an old 2013 MHL may have popped up used

liquidforcekites
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Encinitas, CA
Style: Pure Fun
Gear: Envy
Havoc
HiFi
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force Kiteboarding

Postby liquidforcekites » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:34 am

Jespin, we are working hard!!! i don't want to give a date..but we are getting closer and closer..the Kite Fish has proven to be a great board to mount any foil. It is durable, it has great deflection..and most of all it is easy to ride when you are not up on the foil! You do have to through bolt it...and this voids the warranty..but in the end, we have been doing this and no failures with the boards so far....as for the materials of the mast, wings, fuselage we are mainly working with a greatly engineered aluminum. Wing we are still testing multiple materials. Keep the foil dream alive!!!!

Return to “Hydrofoil”