Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Liquid Force Solo kite - anyone have any comments / reviews?

Forum for kitesurfers
JimmyRyder
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 220
Local Beach: Atlanta - GA
Ocean Side - GA, SC, NC
Tampa - FL
Favorite Beaches: Tampa - USA
Cape Hatteras - USA
Charleston - USA
Tarifa - Spain
Lefkada - Greece
Rhodos - Greece
Gokceada - Turkey
Urla - Turkey
Alacati - Turkey
Cesme - Turkey
Soma Bay - Egypt
Elgouna - Egypt
Marsala - Italy
Mamaia - Romania
Sulina - Romania
Style: FreeRide; Snowkiting;
Gear: 2020 North - REACH - 10m
2020 Liquid Force - NV - 13.5m
2019 Liquid Force - SOLO - 15.5m

2020 Liquid Force - ABSOLUTE - 140cm
2020 Liquid Force - POD 4'4 - HydroBoard
2020 Liquid Force - IMPULSE - Hydrofoil
2020 Liquid Force - MESSENGER - Surfboard
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Liquid Force Solo kite - anyone have any comments / revi

Postby JimmyRyder » Wed May 07, 2014 1:52 pm

'mike dubs" => Thanks for your personal comments on this kite.
Since the dealer didn't have this kite in stock and also because I didn't have too much info on it, I already ordered the 2014 ENVY-12m for now but intend to get me the SOLO-15.5m later this summer. From what I understood on that size is even better for Light Wind.

Anyway I think if we keep adding the comments here on this SOLO model in short time we will have a more complete review (from regular Joe like us rather then paid advertising), so as I was saying let's keep this info line up and running and we should have all that counts soon. Thanks again for your effort.
:D
mike dubs wrote:rode the 9m on demo today, courtesy of the Kitesurf centre Camber sands UK. started off about 15mph to 25+, on a surfboard. Nice canopy material, v quick to inflate, solid shape in the air. Open shape compared to my Airush waves C shape. powerful for a 9m, turned quite quickly but slower than my Wave, needed a good initiating pull, lot's of lift for jumps and the flutter isn't bad when depowered either. would suit a lot of people.

Will try the 6.5/4,5 tomorrow to see if they are quicker. Nice kite though.

Mike

stringy
Medium Poster
Local Beach: seattle, wa
Style: freeriding
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby stringy » Sun May 11, 2014 7:46 pm

I had the opportunity to jump on a 9m solo in hood river this weekend. winds a little gusty in the upper teens low 20s. I first thought ok this might be a good option for foiling because it seemed light. after a quick 15 minutes trying to ride his carafino foil, I grabbed my twintip and headed out to the channel. pretty impressed with how well the kite could boost. kite has great response and actually handles the gusty wind very nice. took it up to the white salmon bridge and had a blast with loops in the flat water. I've been used to a kite giving me a nice soft landing on a downloop, but when I tried it with the solo, I found it was so quick with full power thru the loop it would pull me back up before landing on a downloop. super fun! on the way back to the event site I chased some swell and found this kite drifts very nice. LE pretty small and a simple pulleyless bridle making the kite lightweight. bar pretty comfy and intuitive. good use of orange on the bar making it a no brainer which side is port and where the release is, anyhow IMO it's a kite you do want to check out. here's some shots of the solo.
good job liquid force!

JimmyRyder
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Weight: 220
Local Beach: Atlanta - GA
Ocean Side - GA, SC, NC
Tampa - FL
Favorite Beaches: Tampa - USA
Cape Hatteras - USA
Charleston - USA
Tarifa - Spain
Lefkada - Greece
Rhodos - Greece
Gokceada - Turkey
Urla - Turkey
Alacati - Turkey
Cesme - Turkey
Soma Bay - Egypt
Elgouna - Egypt
Marsala - Italy
Mamaia - Romania
Sulina - Romania
Style: FreeRide; Snowkiting;
Gear: 2020 North - REACH - 10m
2020 Liquid Force - NV - 13.5m
2019 Liquid Force - SOLO - 15.5m

2020 Liquid Force - ABSOLUTE - 140cm
2020 Liquid Force - POD 4'4 - HydroBoard
2020 Liquid Force - IMPULSE - Hydrofoil
2020 Liquid Force - MESSENGER - Surfboard

Postby JimmyRyder » Mon May 12, 2014 5:51 pm

Thank you very much for your input "stringy",
With your review of the SOLO 9m experience got me thinking that I made a mistake after all getting me the 2014 Envy 12m, maybe I should have gotten the SOLO 9m and 15.5m quiver (thinking the 12m and 15.5m would be too close to count overlapping the wind window together).
Anyway is good to know and maybe after I have a little fun with my new ENVY will sell it and get ma a SOLO 9m waiting for the 15.5m to come out later this summer.

So as we see overall per this Topic new comments, new reviews and new personal ideas on this subject make us change our minds (talking about myself now :D )

stringy wrote:I had the opportunity to jump on a 9m solo in hood river this weekend. winds a little gusty in the upper teens low 20s. I first thought ok this might be a good option for foiling because it seemed light. after a quick 15 minutes trying to ride his carafino foil, I grabbed my twintip and headed out to the channel. pretty impressed with how well the kite could boost. kite has great response and actually handles the gusty wind very nice. took it up to the white salmon bridge and had a blast with loops in the flat water. I've been used to a kite giving me a nice soft landing on a downloop, but when I tried it with the solo, I found it was so quick with full power thru the loop it would pull me back up before landing on a downloop. super fun! on the way back to the event site I chased some swell and found this kite drifts very nice. LE pretty small and a simple pulleyless bridle making the kite lightweight. bar pretty comfy and intuitive. good use of orange on the bar making it a no brainer which side is port and where the release is, anyhow IMO it's a kite you do want to check out. here's some shots of the solo.
good job liquid force!

windfreak74
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2005
Weight: 70 kg
Local Beach: la trinchera
Favorite Beaches: maule region
Style: weird style!
Gear: switch helium3 7m 2018
Crazyfly 115 x 44 Chill 2021
nobile 2hd 134x42 2018
Manta foil 2015/2018
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby windfreak74 » Tue May 13, 2014 12:23 am

when will we see more info on the kite in the website?
when will they be available for sale in us?

dracop
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Naska Beach - Kanaha - Maui, HI USA
Waipuliani Park - Kihei - Maui, HI USA
South Point - Hawaii, HI USA
A-Bay - Hawaii, HI USA
Favorite Beaches: _
Kanaha - Maui, HI
Kihei - Maui, HI
South Point - Hawaii Island
Kite Beach - Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Tableview - Cape Town, South Africa
Style: Big Air :D
Gear: 2022 Dice 10m/12m SLS, 2022 Rebel SLS 12m, 2022 15m Aluula Juice
2017 Core Choice 2 142, 2020 Duotone Jaime Textreme, 2014 Best Breeze 145,
Brand Affiliation: The Maui Kitesurf Company
www.mauikitesurf.com

Postby dracop » Thu May 22, 2014 11:07 pm

I would love to try this as a lightwind kite using the 15.5m

If it comes in stock midsummer, I will have to hunt for a demo of it. I was out kiting with my 16m 2013 NRG yesterday in light winds and it felt so heavy in the air its not even funny; turns were agonizingly slow despite tuning it for quickness. Just 2-3 knots more and it is really quick but I die right there at 15mph; even without attempting to to get on the kiteboard the kite is just sluggish at that point (it does provide enough static grunt for boarding but its boring without the ability to do useable turns for tricks).I think for sub-15 mph (13 knots) this might be a better option, would definitely want to demo it though. An interesting design - the exact opposite of the heavily structured NRG Light Breeze.

VOMKB
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force

Postby VOMKB » Fri May 23, 2014 5:05 am

small wave kiter
Rare Poster
Local Beach: -Fehmarn
- St.Peter-Ording
Favorite Beaches: - Wissant
- Hvide Sande
- Hanstholm
Style: starpless waveriding
Gear: Liquid Force Solo, Cabrinha Drifter, Cabrinha Subwoofer 5.8 and F-One Mitu Pro 5.10

Postby small wave kiter » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:00 am

I wrote my comments here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2385670

Return to “Kitesurfing”