Gear: North Rebel 9m2 2015
Nobile NHP 134 x 41 2015
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New to the board...and the board ;)

Postby cyprusdf » Thu May 22, 2014 6:01 pm

Hi all,

I guess you could say I'm a late comer to the party at age 32 but with my mental age stuck in its 20s, I'd say I strike a good balance of maturity and enthusiasm!

I live in Cyprus, and did my lessons late August 2013, it was a very frustrating first few months as I was really struggling to get up on the board but after spending a bit of money on some good second hand gear rather than the shite I started with, I quickly progressed.

I'm totally hooked. I kited all through the winter as I was desperate to get past Noob Level.

Now I'm starting with no problems, going up wind isn't an issue and my transitions are pretty much OK most of the time. I've now built up the confidence to start practicing jumping with the kite rather than hopping off waves and I've even managed a few seconds of toe side.

I'm always up for a laugh and am my own worst critic. I hope I can add a little knowledge and a lot of enthusiasm to the board.

Thanks for having me.

PS: Here's a picture of the spot I go to. The people there are so warm and friendly and are always willing to help you if you run in to trouble. Kahuna Surfhouse in Mazotos.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: New to the board...and the board ;)

Postby Toby » Thu May 22, 2014 7:19 pm

Welcome!

Thx for sharing your story!

Good working gear is important to get you going, as is good conditions.

Sometimes worth to spend more money to get to the point of going.

Nice spot you for there!

Enjoy the forums!

Return to “Kitesurfing”