Favorite Beaches: Estonia
Style: Freestyle
Gear: What gear do you ride currently
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

F- One Bandit quality

Postby Estonia » Tue May 13, 2014 3:04 pm

Should you buy the F-One Bandit kite will not get any warranty product.
Kite begins to stretch the seams. Seam does not stretch itself to the cylinder material stretches.The material used is weak.
Kite salesman says that the kite is over-inflated, and are not guarantees. This is a pure lie.
My kite broke down 2013 last year. It is now the year 2014. has still not been done in a formal response. As a factory, I did not get a response. I invite you to help to provide the answer in this forum. We write on their gauthier@f-onekites.com
Attachments
DSCF0553.JPG
DSC_0028.jpg
Bandit F-One  Kite breaks out and begins to stretch the seams..JPG
Bandit F-One Kite breaks out and begins to stretch the seams..JPG (111.49 KiB) Viewed 3960 times

Estonia
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Estonia

Re: F- One Bandit quality

Postby Estonia » Tue May 13, 2014 3:13 pm

Kite that kills you. Kite is going to break the sea is 4 degrees. Death.
Attachments
Kite that kills you. Kite is going to break the sea. is 4 degrees. Death..jpg
Kite that kills you. Kite is going to break the sea. is 4 degrees. Death..jpg (31.38 KiB) Viewed 3953 times
Kite that kills you. Kite is going to break the sea is 4 degrees. Death..jpg
Kite that kills you. Kite is going to break the sea is 4 degrees. Death..jpg (47.74 KiB) Viewed 3953 times

fourperf
Frequent Poster

Postby fourperf » Tue May 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Estonia wrote:Kite that kills you. Kite is going to break the sea is 4 degrees. Death.
I have found f-one customer service to be quite good (at least on a bar that broke some years ago).

Seems like you are on a flaming mission like the IKO guy. F-one makes killer kites. All brands have issues here and there. There are many people super happy with their bandits. I have flown all the big brands over the years and have been super stoked with my bandit 5 and bandit 6`s (which I paid for). Let it go bro. It will drive you mad.
Mark

Estonia
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Estonia

Postby Estonia » Sun May 25, 2014 9:57 am

Depower rope handle was broken, five minutes later went brible broken. Surf the pleasure of 15 minutes. . Would this be the case a half year old surf equipment Surf equipment suicidal?
F-One Bandit does not seaworthy product.
What has happened to your F-One Bandit?
Attachments
f- one depower rope broken.JPG
f- one depower rope broken.JPG (83.63 KiB) Viewed 3609 times

Awn
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fly Kitesurfing Ras Sudr
Favorite Beaches: Ras Sudr
Style: Airstyle
Gear: 2014 Dice 12meter
2014 Veagas 14 meter
Dakine seat harness
2012 fone trax 133*40
2010 crazy fly 127*38

Postby Awn » Sun May 25, 2014 10:37 am

I have to agree F-one is the worst quality on the market. had the same experience with the bandit 6 bought it last year and it did not last one session. Also Bought the Trax board it too did not last the season it pealed within a month and was trashed after 6 month. DON"T buy f-one products

samsam
Rare Poster
Gear: North Wainmann

Postby samsam » Sun May 25, 2014 11:10 am

No issues whatsoever with my Bandits. Love them !
My Trax though got delaminated after a few months but Fone customer care is quite superb and they replaced it for me. I could have chosen to get the same model for free or to add a few Dineros for a 2014 upgrade. Obviously I chose to upgrade :naughty:

Estonia - you had the stitching fail, The bridal broke, and the depower handle got disconnected... and all on the same kite?

Sam

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Sun May 25, 2014 1:51 pm

I'm not too fond of F-One as well....

I keep real good care of my kites, check them after a few sessions for pinholes etc, but my Bandit 3 11m tore in half after a pussy crash. Had it fixed, and 2 months later it tore in half again, but this time on the other side!

Had a Bandit 4 8m as well, and that one tore in half as well :o

Had the depower rope (with that indestructible PU tubing) replaced twice in 1,5 year because it was eaten by the bar. And I always dip my bar in the water before kiting, and rinsed it after the session with fresh water.

The pulleys on the bridles had to be replaced once on the B4...

Got an Acid 2012, had to replace the fins once and the bottom isn't really scratch resistant... Ok that's my own fault as well ofcourse, but didn't have those issues with my older Naish board.

And I know some guys who have their bar grips completely molested...

Nah I'm done with F-One.

omg
Very Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Sun May 25, 2014 5:15 pm

Have had Bandit Dos's, III's, 5's and now 7's. Never ever any issues with them... Altogether total around 12-13 kites and I kite quite a lot, but I don't abuse things and look after them.

fourperf
Frequent Poster

Postby fourperf » Sun May 25, 2014 6:30 pm

omg wrote:Have had Bandit Dos's, III's, 5's and now 7's. Never ever any issues with them... Altogether total around 12-13 kites and I kite quite a lot, but I don't abuse things and look after them.
Yup. Got 8 bandits and 4 bars in my truck now between myself and my 2 boys. No problems with any f one kites at all this year or last (before that I have owned slingshot, Naish, north, gaastra (back in 2003) and cabrihna). Random problems with all brands but all make great kites unlike back in the day. Many very happy bandit pilots around the world. It is too easy for people to come on the forums and bash a brand when they don't get what they want in terms of a warranty claim. F one warranty is really good IMO. I did break a bar years ago and they replaced it right away no questions asked. They are awesome kites!
Mark

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Mon May 26, 2014 6:50 am

Never owned one but my local kite repair guy is making good money from the stretch n tears !
He showed me what goes wrong with the material... Its not an abuse thing either..

Return to “Kitesurfing”