Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Carafino - let's end up the show please!

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
wind_rider
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Freestyle
Gear: slingshot
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carafino - let's end up the show please!

Postby wind_rider » Sat May 24, 2014 4:41 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keoni wrote:https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 605AAxvF3N

I understand the french producers lost so much money because of Mango marketing strategy.

Carafino has a marketing strategy?????!!!!!!!!.

So that will be steal the goods from suppliers so he can deliver just enough to give a glimmer of hope to his customers he has scammed and anyone that dosent like it gets threatened. I have it on good authority that he only has about 30 of the 500 boards he has orders for built and he turned up with a gun to try and take those. I have no way of knowing if that's true but people he deals withh as his suppliers have contacted me and seem genuiny scared of him.

Forget fair trade coffee we need some fairtrade surfboards here and I wouldn't be happy riding a board that had anything to do with the name carafino.

I had a long chat with the guys at kiteworld today and they are now taking a massive interest in this so fingers croSsed.

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Sat May 24, 2014 8:56 pm

wind.rider .... you are wrong in so many ways! I wish you were local so we could meet face to face....

steal the goods from suppliers this is nothing but old lady gossip. you don't have any facts at all. you don't know who the company is, the cash amount or what it was for. I think you may be the one having problems with facts!

I have it on good authority that he only has about 30 of the 500 boards he has orders for built what authority? if you know so much, post facts! again, just another fact less bit of gossip from the drama QUEEN.
I have no way of knowing if that's true but people he deals withh as his suppliers have contacted me and seem genuiny scared of him. again, another bit of rumors that I suspect you totally dreamed up for I doubt you are so important in this world that anyone would contact you, of all people.

I had a long chat with the guys at kiteworld[ ok, I have heard of Kiteworld too. Now, what are their names that you personally spoke with? THIS can be verified!!!

one thing for sure you should be afraid of is a law suit. When the product is delivered and mango is sitting back in his easy chair counting his money, it may occur to him that you slandered him in public in attempt to discredit him personally, and his company. This should not be a rude awakening for you. Also don't be surprised that witness on his behalf may come out of the woodwork to substantiate his law suit against you. This my friend is what you should fear.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Sat May 24, 2014 9:06 pm

Arcsrule wrote:wind.rider .... you are wrong in so many ways! I wish you were local so we could meet face to face....

steal the goods from suppliers this is nothing but old lady gossip. you don't have any facts at all. you don't know who the company is, the cash amount or what it was for. I think you may be the one having problems with facts!

I have it on good authority that he only has about 30 of the 500 boards he has orders for built what authority? if you know so much, post facts! again, just another fact less bit of gossip from the drama QUEEN.
I have no way of knowing if that's true but people he deals withh as his suppliers have contacted me and seem genuiny scared of him. again, another bit of rumors that I suspect you totally dreamed up for I doubt you are so important in this world that anyone would contact you, of all people.

I had a long chat with the guys at kiteworld[ ok, I have heard of Kiteworld too. Now, what are their names that you personally spoke with? THIS can be verified!!!

one thing for sure you should be afraid of is a law suit. When the product is delivered and mango is sitting back in his easy chair counting his money, it may occur to him that you slandered him in public in attempt to discredit him personally, and his company. This should not be a rude awakening for you. Also don't be surprised that witness on his behalf may come out of the woodwork to substantiate his law suit against you. This my friend is what you should fear.
Arcsrule, you're a nice person.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Sat May 24, 2014 9:08 pm

Arcsrule,

Out of curiosity.... How is Carafino going to pursue a lawsuit? It is apparent that the man is having issues in production and if he can't take some disgruntled customers than he needs to find another profession! I am sure that with the amount of issues he has shown with his French customers that wind_rider would be nothing more than annoying! It doesn't take much insight to see legal action would be more pending onto Carafino than him chasing people for slander!

James

It is great that you are sticking up for him but it is falling on deaf ears.... his critics are waiting for the next kiteboarding fiasco!

wind_rider
Frequent Poster

Postby wind_rider » Sat May 24, 2014 9:56 pm

I have been contacted by sources close to the production of these boards that I have been able to verify via 3rd parties. They have asked me not to divulge information that he can use to link to them for fear of repurcussions they will suffer. I'm happy the sources I have are genuinely concearned about the way he is doing business and they are giving me information to warn others. Having experienced his business techniques 1st hand what they are saying exactly fits with my own experience. I have the evidence should it be needed but I'm not going to betray a confidence by someone who stands to loose personally and is placing themselves at huge risk to warn me to warn others.

wind_rider
Frequent Poster

Postby wind_rider » Sat May 24, 2014 10:19 pm

E mail from carafino (and I quote)

"You do not deserve to ride and hydrofoil. We will report you to thje olympic sailing committee and moth sailing association and contact every listed moth sailor. To be aware you are a poor looser and poor sport.

You want a pissing match we will give you one.

F**k you

Christopher Carafino"

I have the e mails from the people he contacted in the moth class (which is nothing to do with this whatsowever and is simply to throw mud at me to divert attention from his appauling methods) slandering me and they told him to p**s off. So I think it is he that should be worried about a legal claim for slander except for the fact he dosent have a registered office and works off a mobile phone only so (as is the case with his products) he walks away from the consequences of wjhat he does.

wdric
Frequent Poster

Postby wdric » Sun May 25, 2014 8:42 am

wind_rider wrote:E mail from carafino (and I quote)

"You do not deserve to ride and hydrofoil. We will report you to thje olympic sailing committee and moth sailing association and contact every listed moth sailor. To be aware you are a poor looser and poor sport.

You want a pissing match we will give you one.

F**k you

Christopher Carafino"
Hi wind_rider
Could you please post the entire email that you sent to him for him to post a reply like that?

The last week in Australia there was a guy who climbed a big building under construction and posted his successful climb on the internet.
The media reported this then also reported about another case of a copy cat 15yr old who got into difficulty doing the exact same climb and the cops had to be called and his mother was crying poor and that these adults are stupid for posting this for young kids to try and copy.
For a whole week in the media we have seen this reported this way.
Today I seen an interview with this guy who was successful at his climb, the interviewer was about to give him a hard time for putting it on youtube but then to my surprise he said it has been reported all wrong in the media for the last week and it turns out the 15 yr old tried to climb it the day before he did, go figure, no copycat at all, you cant trust everything you are told or hear especially if it's in another city, country or even half way around the world!

While carifino should have just developed it on the quite then sold it once it was production ready I am not taking sides and it is a real shame for all concerned this is all playing out in public like this

but there are always usually two sides to a story :thumb:

Truc
Rare Poster
Gear: An hydrofoil

Postby Truc » Sun May 25, 2014 9:14 pm

suppliers have contacted me and seem genuiny scared of him.
I confirm that on my side. I talked about that with Laurent Ness who was informed of that too.

Have a look who that is on google if you do not know him yet. He is one of the 2 first kitesurf pionneer (since the early 90's they say) and I think he is well known for his honesty.

wind_rider
Frequent Poster

Postby wind_rider » Sun May 25, 2014 10:44 pm

I had the same conversation and that confirmed the information I was getting from maui

Johnny Rotten
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Surf and wake
Gear: Vegas
Torch
Neo's
Hand made boards of pure excellence

Postby Johnny Rotten » Mon May 26, 2014 3:25 am

Wind rider,
I'm trying to understand your motivation here a bit better, you seem to be fixated to an unhealthy level. You sound a lot like super EZ when someone mentions kiting in under 6 knots.....

So can you please clarify what actually happened.
Here's how I've read it so far.

1) You ordered a carafino foil with the intent to have it tested?
2) It had not arrived you were dissatisfied with the timeline. He said he had them.
3) You wanted to go there and pick it up turned out he didn't have em.
4) After their dealing with with you they no longer wish to sell one to you.

Altercations were had swear words were spoken, you trashed talked him on the forum and he trash talked you to some of the sailing clubs.

Was your money refunded with with the indication they do not wish to sell you a foil?
Does this man owe you money? If yes, please continue your tirade until he refunds you.
Personality conflicts are not justification for breach of contract or fraud.

If no? You guys are even. Call it a day and move on with your life.

By pasting the same thing over and over you are doing nothing to further hurt his reputation only making your self seem a little unstable and thus less credible.

I can't speak of your intentions or motivation for the testing, but they have never come across on this forum as fair and objective If I was launching a new product and somone came to my door demanding the first off of the product so they could get it into a test lab without it being part of an organized independent comparison I would assume
a) they were trying to steal any or all that was good about it.
b) a competitor going to use the results against me.
Probably both.....All before I got my kit to market.

so I would promptly refuse to sell it to them and after returning their funds, tell them to set forth and multiply.

Return to “Hydrofoil”