Favorite Beaches: Plattsburgh City Beach, NY
Gear: Core Section 4M, Section 2 6M. GTS 3 9M
Moses Onda 71 HL
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carafino Updates: General Topic

Postby Rotule » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:35 am

Saying its a complete copy with just the photos with perspective and nothing really to scale or measure is just too fast.

Once you get your hands on one and get to measure it you can claim everything you want.

Taaroa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Frejus
Gear: sword 2 - elf kite
Brand Affiliation: Taaroa

Postby Taaroa » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:57 am

Don't need proof, Carafino send me many mail to say that he will copy our products

wind_rider
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: UK
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Freestyle
Gear: slingshot

Postby wind_rider » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:12 am

And as for my "wild claims" this is what Carafino sent to me so Im just showing you what they said ie he father, 2 brothers and himself will be turning up at a sailing event to cause trouble. If you need more proof have a look at his last post on here.

Also worth looking at the Olympic definitions/principals of what is/isn't a sport to realise that KS fails on just about every level because of the IKA (but that's another story) http://www.olympic.org/ethics-commission

We are talking about a "so called" sport in its infancy here with tiny numbers turning up for national/world championship events. Given Carafino seems to think he owns not only the industry but the sport as well perhaps we should just cut the crap and call it the sport of Carafino where the competitors are a bunch of prize goons hand picked by Carafino for their ability to beat anyone up who dosent share their view that it is a privilidge and not a right to ride one of their products despite the fact they are simply rip offs (and not good quality rip offs) of others products..

Interesting he always refers to me as a looser and I would like to pick that one apart. Has he every completed against me in a competition - NO. Does he complete at all - NO. Does he think its acceptable to refer to people he dosent agree with as a looser - YES........clearly.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (27.35 KiB) Viewed 899 times

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:26 am

and was he there?

I doubt it...

wind_rider
Frequent Poster

Postby wind_rider » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:37 am

That's irrelevant. The threat succeeded in stopping me taking part in a nationals where (if I read the results correctly) I could have been on the podium for simply turning up. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If I threatened someone to stop them competing at a national/world/Olympic event I would expect (and deserve) to receive a lifelong ban form the sport and the results should be declared null and void. :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

The fact that the organisers of the moth worlds (that will be closely watched by the same people from ISAF who decide if KS will be in the Olympics) are now spending thousands laying on security is an indication of how seriously this is being taken and the dim view that is being presented of KS as a sport whos Olympic track record speaks volumes.

You can thank Carafino and Dicky Gowers for that.
Last edited by wind_rider on Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guttorm
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Favorite Beaches: El Medano, Sardinia, Rædergården, Trones, Leksdalsvatnet
Gear: Ozone R1 v4 18
Ozone Edge 17 & 19
Core XR4 11 13.5
Core XR3 9
Core Choice 3
Slingshot Glide LW
Core SLC foilboard

Postby Guttorm » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:53 am

Wind_rider if any of your claims were real, and you are not here on behalf of another company, tell us your real name then??? :rollgrin:

wind_rider
Frequent Poster

Postby wind_rider » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:18 pm

Guttorm wrote:Wind_rider if any of your claims were real, and you are not here on behalf of another company, tell us your real name then??? :rollgrin:
You are accusing me of lying. Please tell us your name.

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Wind rider is a chap called Steve

He is 100% real and 100% Non affiliated to ANY foil brand

My local store sold him his current foil and other friends that foil have been out on the water with him

So lets stop the accusations that he is a brand puppet ok?

However you wouldn't have got on the podium at the Edge race event

Mango wasn't there as I had said he wouldn't be and it would have been great if a few more foilers hadn't bee put off by the forecast

wind_rider
Frequent Poster

Postby wind_rider » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:03 pm

James. Thank you. From information I saw it seemed there were only 3 entries in the foil class. Appologies if that was wrong but can you tell me where I can find the full entry list/results

As James said I have absolutely no affiliation to any kite brand and have no interest in promoting or slating anybody and I only have an interest in promoting fair play and sportsmanship in an open/inclusive/tolerant areana. And to hopefully alleviate any concern you may have I would go further and say I'm not really a kite surfer. For the most part I find it boring just lawn mowing up and down hence why I thought I would try kite foiling which seems the obvious way to go having been hydro foiling on moths etc for the last 7 years and looking for more of a challenge. And if it were not for the treats I have been receiving I would be entering events in the UK.

But as Carafino and Tone said perhaps I should stick to sailing
C A R A F I N O 2014 wrote: I HAVE ALREADY ASKED AROUND ABOUT YOU WITH PPL WE KNOW FROM YOUR SMALL LITTLE WORLD OF TRAILER BOATS. GO BACK UNDER THE ROCK YOU CRAWL OUT FROM. YOU WILL NEVER RIDE A CARAFINO.

STOP TO EMAIL US A**HOLE.
Here are some photos of the team I sail with taking 3rd place for a European boat at the European champs last year on a strictly amateur/non affiliated largely home build basis as you can check from my ISAF ranking
Attachments
CF8_2538.jpg
CF8_2501.jpg
Last edited by wind_rider on Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:12 pm

you forgot 100% arshole.

I get it when someone gets pissed about sending money for something and then having to wait for it, but its clear this guy is in a situation of his own making. Kind of ironic to see a salesman like mango come up against a consumer like Steve at the moment he wants to use KiteForum as his launch pad into production!

If Steve had not been an anal punter and showed the patients his other customers had, he might have a couple of nice new foils headed his way.

Industry affiliation might have actually made his behaviour make some sort of sense. As is, he's just really pathetic.

P.S. Just mowing the lawn IS boring, and better suited to boats. There is a bit more to kiteboarding.
Last edited by Starsky on Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”