Carafino Updates: General Topic

Forum for kitesurfers
DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carafino Updates: General Topic

Postby DrLightWind » Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:38 pm

Hmmm, now I know why you're a Wind Rider :?:
Smelling your own fart in front of the screen riding the key board
and getting high on that ehh :soap:
Attachments
Wind_Rider.jpeg
Wind_Rider.jpeg (10.5 KiB) Viewed 1580 times

lezo
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Weight: 80kgs
Local Beach: I have local friends at many beaches now!
Favorite Beaches: Mostly riding these days North Fuerte beaches or wavespots of the French Atlantic/North coast.
Gear: Custom wavesurf board with RRD Religions, custom foilkite with Peak5s, Ozone Edges for boosting.

Postby lezo » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Arcsrule wrote:this forum has become so much a hater topic that I am sure people with legitimate concerns are not posting. I had planned in great deal to document my 'caraffino experience' once received.
Yeah, keep posting please. Did you finally receive your foil?

It's really strange that with the hundreds of foils supposedly sent out now no review or video surfaced yet. People opting for the 2 for 1 deal should write rave reviews right now to sell the second foil. Perhaps nobody dares to report negative opinion?

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Sat Jun 21, 2014 6:55 pm

Arcsrule wrote:this forum has become so much a hater topic that I am sure people with legitimate concerns are not posting. I had planned in great deal to document my 'caraffino experience' once received.
Maybe just leave out the "C word" and it wil live a while before the flaming starts...
I'm still willing to believe it may be a good product, despite all this silliness, and curious....

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:01 pm

lezo wrote:

It's really strange that with the hundreds of foils supposedly sent out now no review or video surfaced yet. People opting for the 2 for 1 deal should write rave reviews right now to sell the second foil. Perhaps nobody dares to report negative opinion?
got two boards Thursday...still waiting on foils. I totally agree with you. I am 'certain' the rave reviews are not posted because all who have received the complete package are newbys, and they had to hitch hike to the water ....and then there was no wind...and when the wind came up finally, they could not get up on the foil...and then a sweet young thing with a nice rack offered to apply sunscreen...and then the wind came in...but the better offer was taken.

longbeachrider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Long Beach, CA
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Ozone, Cabrinha, Slingshot

Postby longbeachrider » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:22 pm

wind_rider wrote:My concearn is that they have taken a large number of orders/deposits/payments and these stories are few and far between and for every happy story I could show you PM's I have had from people who realise they have been turned over and are trying to get their money back via banks anti fraud arrangements.
Seriously... Its never been your problem. Individuals take a risk with a "deal of the century" and send their CC companies to deal with these types of messes if needed.

Totally agree that many of the updates from Mr C are just marketing BS, and certainly not happy with the lack of worker PPE... At the end of the day, there is product out there and a few people have both board and foils on the water.

Sorry to break it to you, but you have got some issues of your own to deal with.

Rattlehead
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Brighton, Qld
Style: Freeride / race
Gear: 2012 North rebel 13 m
2012 North fuse 9 m
2008 north rhino 12 m
2010 Eh ovando 11 m
2011 x19 spleene 19 m
2008 135x35 north phantom
2010 140x41 nobile 50/50
2012 naish Venturi 190x70

Postby Rattlehead » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:14 pm

longbeachrider wrote:
wind_rider wrote:My concearn is that they have taken a large number of orders/deposits/payments and these stories are few and far between and for every happy story I could show you PM's I have had from people who realise they have been turned over and are trying to get their money back via banks anti fraud arrangements.
Seriously... Its never been your problem. Individuals take a risk with a "deal of the century" and send their CC companies to deal with these types of messes if needed.

Totally agree that many of the updates from Mr C are just marketing BS, and certainly not happy with the lack of worker PPE... At the end of the day, there is product out there and a few people have both board and foils on the water.

Sorry to break it to you, but you have got some issues of your own to deal with

I for one think this guy has serious issues and possibly needs medicating ,,, of his 90 -100 post or so , every one of them is a negative public bashing of mr C , not wonder he wants to get on a plane and punch his head in, I would have by now....

Tfcm
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Botany Bay, Cronulla, Kurnell, Umina Beach
Style: Race, Foil & Wave
Gear: TemaVento RC70
Custom DIY Foil
Custom wave boards
Naish Park
ASV

Postby Tfcm » Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:44 am

I should be taking my Carafino for its maiden voyage next weekend.. Picking it up tomorrow night.. All acounts I've heard from the others is that the quality was better than what they were expecting and it felt quite solid.. When I have had a few rides I'll post a review :)

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:28 am

lezo wrote:

I suspect most of the Carafino purchasers are beginners with no foilboarding experience so getting some feedback from them will take some time and will not be worth much anyway.

What will count is the feedback from an experienced rider who can make a direct comparison with other foils. Strange this hasn't happened yet since a good review (even biased) would benefit the manufacturer. Weren't they supposed to enter that race in San Diego last week? What happened?

longbeachrider
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Long Beach, CA
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Ozone, Cabrinha, Slingshot

Postby longbeachrider » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:45 am

windmaker wrote: Weren't they supposed to enter that race in San Diego last week? What happened?
This is where Mr C and his marketing meets reality. The Long Beach racing was invitational only, so irrespective of the marketing video associated with "wanting first place but would be ok with third place", Mr C or his subordinates were not racing. The caliber of individual who was racing was so high, they have been competing for extended periods on their own equipment. They certainly were not going to take a new product they had no experience with and start competing with it and expect to come in first or third.

Given how new Mr C's board is, no one in Long Beach is currently riding them with any skill, but given time, I'm sure they will. Having looked at some of the older C boards as well as the new C board, they are decent products, but like wind_rider, every time Mr C opens his mouth, he becomes his own worst enemy because you don't know what to believe... Lots of enthusiasm and bravado coupled with lousy marketing and poor execution.

Ultimately, its a question of equipment vs experience and skill, and although Mr C's marketing is focused on new board = wins on a race course! When you strip away the marketing, it comes down to how revolutionary the race wing is compared to other race wings since once a board is foiling, it all comes down to the capabilities of the foils themselves... and there appears to be nothing special with the Mr C foil... Experience and rider skill is going to win every time.

I used to be competitive, but these days I am happy with easy... The irony is my buddies are having fun with modified air chair foils. The one fault I see with many of the foil companies is they are focused on high end and all of them could do with a big reality check given you don't have to make or sell an expensive high end, hard to use product. Current prices are ridiculous and I know there will be good foils entering the market at or just above $1000... Hopefully built by workers provided with the appropriate PPE.

Hawaiis
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kailua

Postby Hawaiis » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:14 am

Return to “Kitesurfing”