Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Sanur , Bali, Indonesia
Canggu, Bali, Indonesia
Lakey Peak, Sumbawa, Indonesia
Favorite Beaches: Too many....
Style: Waves shredder
Gear: Ozone, Airush, F-One, Peter Lynn - Kites
Airush, Underground, Surf X-treme custom - boards
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn, Ozone, Airush, Underground, F-One, Surf X-treme custom
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Peter Lynn G-arc 13 sm

Postby kitesurfbali » Mon Apr 07, 2003 4:45 am

Hello kiters,
I own one of the first Peter Lynn G-Arc, is one of the prototype made in New Zealand.
Is a 13 square meter.
At first when I launch it my first impression is that is a very ugly kite more thin in the middle then in the side. But when I start to fly it WOOW…
First we launch it in around 8 knots of wind, as the wind was very light I decide to use my Malibu surf board. In the water in the same time there were only one Airush lift 16 and one Cabrinha 20 sm, both struggling to stay up wind as they were sining the kite a lot.
Of course with the Malibu I had a big advantage and I was able to go up wind no problem.
After about 45 minutes the wind got stronger and I came in to get my Fridge door.
I would say about 10 to 14 knots.
The kite have the same characteristic of the normal arc: Autozenit, not luffing, launch and land in the power zone etc. and flight almost the same with a little more feeling in the hand. Turns a little faster then the 1120 and have a little bit more power. Very easy and forgiving to drive around the power zone, the kite also deliver power in a more smooth way, with my 2002 S-arc I always complain that in the gust if you hold the rail a lot the kite move too high at the end of the window and leave you with no power. With the G-arc this doesn’t happened you hold and the kite keep pulling.
The up wind is really good and the jumping is also really good definitely better then the S-ARC 1120 I was almost getting the same high that with my Airush lift 12,2 but in a more control and relax way. I was nicely power up but never overpower, the very nice thing is the landing, really soft.
The depower is better than a normal arc but I can’t compare with the range of latest inflatable. The kite is definitely a big evolution from the standard arc.
I never flight an F-arc so I can’t tell the difference, the kite doesn’t luff even in bad jump and I try the water relaunching few times ( 3 in 6 months) and I was always able to bring it up. It helps to use the right technique! Pull in one of the break line till the kite is all flat in the water!!!
I think the kite have a huge potential and as it is now can compare with the performance of a high aspect ratio inflatable 2002. Good job Peter Lynn.
Bye Jankie

marnix
Rare Poster

Postby marnix » Thu Aug 07, 2003 8:25 pm

what to buy? A G-arc or x3?

M

BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Mon Jan 05, 2004 12:04 am

hey what size inflatabe does the g13 compare too? and whats the upwind performance like compared to a high AR tube kite like the X2 or X3?

Dready

G-13

Postby Dready » Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:19 pm

G-13 = 12m x2 with better top end.

Return to “Reviews”