Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: EpicKites 4G

Postby plummet » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:34 pm

Dimitri M wrote:This is Cameron Maramenides new video. SMALL BUT POWERFUL.

YOUTUBE:
So...

How long before the student becomes the master?

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:36 pm

Dimitri M wrote:Since the EPIC ATTACK 1, 2, 3 and 4 had such a success, a lot of people have been asking to see the new EPIC ATTACK 5 video.
The only problem is that I have so many action footage and had to divide the new video in 3 series to keep it under 5 minutes each.
So here it is, this is the EPIC ATTACK 5 Most Wanted. The EPIC ATTACK 6 and 7 will be out soon once you digest this one since they are almost ready.

Enjoy the show. :thumb:

VIMEO:

YOUTUBE:
I want to see some of that madness in the waves! I don't want to see strapless wave riding. I want to see looping and jumping and slashing waves all at the same time!

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES
Has thanked: 0

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:06 am

I want to see some of that madness in the waves! I don't want to see strapless wave riding. I want to see looping and jumping and slashing waves all at the same time!
Your wish is my command Mr.plummet
You might see some of this on the "EPIC ATTACK 6 Most Wanted".
:thumb:

mdksniper
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Long Beach Island, NJ
Gear: Naish Rides, BRM Cloud 17, Litewave kiteboards
Been thanked: 0

Postby mdksniper » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:47 am

Dimitri M wrote:
Hi Dimitri. I have a question about your older model kites.
I have a 2011 Renegade and no bar. Are the 2011 Renegades set up to accept bars with lines of equal length or should the front lines and back lines be offset by a small amount?
Hello mdksniper
All the EPIC kites fly on 4 lines and all the lines on the EPIC BAR should be equal to each other. But I think few of the first 2011 kites production had the middle line be 8 cm longer because the factory made a mistake but I am not sure. Any way this is the reason why I have at least 10 cm of extra line after the knot of the Red & Blue lines, so any one can make an extra knot if you need to trim the kite in case you are using another bar.
Let me know if this answers your question?

Hi Dimitri,

The reason I ask is because I took out the Renegade yesterday and I had a ton of trouble with it. It had no power and inverted way too easily. I used a bar that is confirmed to be four equal lengths. I'm thinking it may be the bridle problem you suggested.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.

Postby Dimitri M » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:59 am

The reason I ask is because I took out the Renegade yesterday and I had a ton of trouble with it. It had no power and inverted way too easily. I used a bar that is confirmed to be four equal lengths. I'm thinking it may be the bridle problem you suggested.
Hello Mr.mdksniper
That means the outside lines Red & Blue are too long and you need to make them shorter.
So these are few ways of fixing it in order to trim it perfectly:

1) Go on the kite and put on the Red and Blue line of the kite an extra knot 8 to 10cm above the other knot.
or
2) Go on the EPIC bar and move the Red and Blue flying line on the knot bellow that is on the leader line that is past the floaters.
Last edited by Dimitri M on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:37 pm

Dimitri M wrote:This is Cameron Maramenides new video. SMALL BUT POWERFUL.
Nice job Cameron, your kiting just keeps getting better and better.
:mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh: :mosh:

VersaMount
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Every beach in Michigan
Favorite Beaches: Any beach with wind!
Style: Steezzzyyyy
Gear: Anything that pulls!

Postby VersaMount » Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:56 pm

Bad ass video!

Hey D, did you happen to use the Versa Mount X-Mount for any of those camera shots from your board?

Aaron

www.VersaMountLLC.com

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:36 pm

Hey D, did you happen to use the Versa Mount X-Mount for any of those camera shots from your board?
Aaron
www.VersaMountLLC.com
Hello VersaMount yes I did on few of the shots.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:37 pm

Now that is what I call EPIC colors.
Attachments
photo copy.JPG

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:11 pm

Well I have been putting in many sessions on the 10m Ltd and I cannot state how good that this kite is. Stable, easy relaunch and good low end power are what this 195lbs Canadian male needs to get going in 15+ knots of wind. Upwind is super easy on this kite and jumping is what it was made for. The two area's that I would like to see improved on these kites are to update the inflation system.... c'mon Dimitri it's time to get the large inflation system on all your kites. The other has to do with the bar.... a clam cleat for the power/depower so that you can do away with the clutter of the straps. Both are purely cosmetic but would be added improvements on a stellar kite.

James

I have read that previous models of the 10m Screamer Ltd were quite a handful to use but I don't find that at all with the one that I am riding. It is quick but not overly fast to make it difficult to fly. Granted that the kite does retain some power in the kite when fully depowered but it is better than some of the delta kites that I have used in the past. Overall any rider can jump onto this kite and have a great time on it....and that is why we ride.

Return to “Kitesurfing”