Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Once you go ..... you never go back??

Forum for kitesurfers
CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12
Has thanked: 0

Re: Once you go ..... you never go back??

Postby CaptainArgh » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:58 pm

I think you're on to something.
I suspect this bridled kite thing is just a fad.
What are your thoughts on foil boards?

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Jbrook » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:18 pm

You are right EDT there were other bridled kites out that were not flexing crazy, a Kahoona 11.5 was out with a guy that weighs 120kg, also a few switchblades I think 9mtr, and a few other kites. I was looking for a reply like this not some saying c kites and bridled kites are not that different. The kite I was on was a Core GTS2 9mtr, I experienced same thing with RRD Obsessions year 2011. My Vegas 9 mtr would have ate that shit up never have any stability problems at all. The kite I was riding was a demo and has been used some but looks brand new. I knew someone would get to the bottom of what I was looking for. :bye:

fdvj
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: lancing
Style: freeride
Gear: naish nobile
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby fdvj » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:32 pm

Jbrook wrote:You are right EDT there were other bridled kites out that were not flexing crazy, a Kahoona 11.5 was out with a guy that weighs 120kg, also a few switchblades I think 9mtr, and a few other kites. I was looking for a reply like this not some saying c kites and bridled kites are not that different. The kite I was on was a Core GTS2 9mtr, I experienced same thing with RRD Obsessions year 2011. My Vegas 9 mtr would have ate that shit up never have any stability problems at all. The kite I was riding was a demo and has been used some but looks brand new. I knew someone would get to the bottom of what I was looking for. :bye:
Watch some of the king of the air footage and take a look at the way the core flies . You may have a point judging by what you see from that. I have blade primes and c4s and can say that the are as solid in the air as a Vegas.
Its may not be the bridles fault, it could be many other factors,

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:34 pm

CaptainArgh wrote:I think you're on to something.
I suspect this bridled kite thing is just a fad.
What are your thoughts on foil boards?
Was that directed at me?

There both here to stay and evolve, but until they clearly surpass C kites in their strong suit there will be C kites on the market. I cant imagine they sell much, but as long as there are competitions, there will be gear catering to it even if its at the cost of convenience, range, simplicity etc.

Depower at the bar is such a great evolution, but there is literally a strange nirvana that can come from fluidly taming an unhooked kite with rhythmic turns synced to sinning the kite. Sync THAT up with a wave and you really hit on something that is hard to describe, and somewhere in there lies a fundamental advantage for kites that can be depowered unhooked by edging and do so with the utmost dependability and predictability.

Just one guys opinion.

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards

Postby sijandy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:20 pm

fdvj wrote: I have blade primes and c4s and can say that the are as solid in the air as a Vegas.
thread jack.... i've been looking at both of the these for my next set of kites. Which would you say is best for wakestyle?

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:18 pm

Today rode my Vegas 9 and was solid as a rock same wind, I think I was maybe just out of the range for that kite yesterday, like I said before I don't really know how strong the gusts were yesterday. Tks all for your opinions especially Westozzy and EDT!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Depends on the kite?

The 2011 Dyno has a bridle and I can fly it under heaviest load and it is rock solid.

Tried protos though, which were shaking way more...

Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding

Postby Tiago1973 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:53 pm

sijandy wrote:
fdvj wrote: I have blade primes and c4s and can say that the are as solid in the air as a Vegas.
thread jack.... i've been looking at both of the these for my next set of kites. Which would you say is best for wakestyle?
dude. i own both a prime and a razor, both 2 yo or something, an 11 and a 13m

there´s nothing that the prime do that the razor won´t do better

that pedigree u speak about make a difference

PS - Airush Razor, not the other thing w/ bridles

Jbrook
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Jbrook » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:33 am

Rode a 2014 Razor 9mtr the other day was every bit as good as the Vegas, bar is really nice also, these for my style are the creme of the crop. Loops were really fun with the Razor. Also tried the lithium 9mtr jumps were lofty. Liking this post now people are adding good stuff.

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards

Postby sijandy » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:31 pm

Tiago1973 wrote:
sijandy wrote:
dude. i own both a prime and a razor, both 2 yo or something, an 11 and a 13m

there´s nothing that the prime do that the razor won´t do better

that pedigree u speak about make a difference

PS - Airush Razor, not the other thing w/ bridles
Ok thanks, is the razor 5 lines? Always been put off by 5 lines. Need to get myself down to one of those demo days really to try em out for myself. Had a go on a vegas recently, dunno if it was set up wrong or shit wind or something but i thought it was horrible.... felt really sloppy and slow n had no power in the bar.

Return to “Kitesurfing”