Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What the deal with Core ?

Postby sijandy » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:39 pm

It's all a load of bollocks aint it.... i thought everyone knew that? They have no choice but to fill their sites with marketing bullshit because if they didn't it would just be a blank page, the fact is theres just not that much to say about a kite. It's a big sheet of cloth with some lines attached and some inflatable bladders... it's no new highly efficient hybrid engine or super new piece of medical equipment. Yet people seem to lap it and start all sorts of bullshit threads about it. Question, if you picked the top 2 from pkra/kota whateva and gave one of em a 2014 fuel(or whatever) and the other say a 2009 fuel, would the guy on the 2009 be a significant dissadvantage? Having not tried i cannot say for sure but i've got an idea what i think the answer would be. To claim that best, slingshot whatever are all about the money and core is in it for the sport is beyond laughable, their all in it for money - 100%. That is how you messure the success of a business. Thats just kites... it's even worse when you look at the boards haha.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:54 pm

sijandy wrote: Question, if you picked the top 2 from pkra/kota whateva and gave one of em a 2014 fuel(or whatever) and the other say a 2009 fuel, would the guy on the 2009 be a significant dissadvantage?
Nope, I dont think so at all. Many hibrids have made pretty decent improvements in that time span, but the Fuel made its last major changes between 08 and 09. Pretty sure thats when they lost their 5th line and went with enough wing tip spread to get a half decent 4 line relaunch.

PinkNorthPride
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Calshot
Favorite Beaches: Le Morne, Mauritius
Silver Sands Barbados
Nyali Kenya
Dougs the Gorge
Style: Lawn Mowing
Gear: North
Brand Affiliation: North, Maybe Core next...

Postby PinkNorthPride » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:13 am

sijandy wrote: the fact is theres just not that much to say about a kite. It's a big sheet of cloth with some lines attached and some inflatable bladders...
Well if you believe that you must be incredibly naive if you'll excuse me saying so, there's a lot of difference between the various kites on the market, some are built well some are not. Some have multiple panels some are made with just a few panels so are quicker and cheaper to sew together, the more panels the more time it takes to make them, hence the more money on labour time.

Some have cheap crap material some have more expensive stuff, the trick is being able to spot the difference and wade through all the marketing bullshit that you correctly point out is everywhere.

Take the leading edge for example, some companies make it with just one or two pieces of cloth, others use lots of bits sewn together with the grain of the cloth lined up, then the inner seams get taped to prevent jaggy bits puncturing the bladder.

Some companies use basic rip stop canopy material in large panels maybe two or three, others can use up to ninety individual bits just to get the shape they want, then there's the quality of the rip stop how many filaments in it etc, The more filaments the dearer it is.

No my friend there is a lot more to kite building than just marketing bullshit, where they often fail, is the technical departments explaining exactly what they did to the marketing bulshitters, then we never really get to know unless we study them, which as you can see, I do, hence why I'm liking that Core GTS3, I really think it's a good kite and they are are good company.

Kirok
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Local Beach: Lynæs, Denmark
Nivå, Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Gudmindrup, Denmark
Ishøj, Denmark
Hvide Sande, Denmark
Style: Freeride
Gear: Mako Classic, Mako King, Core Fusion 139 cm
Core Free 9M
Core XR6 12
Flysurfer Speed3 21 M

Postby Kirok » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:17 pm

Toby wrote:According to Core they are number 1 selling in Germany.
Even stronger than North.

And any level rides them.

Yes, colors are about taste. But looks like many are ok with this and it does not hurt their sales.
I have been riding Core since 2009 and can say that, after a while, you get used to the color scheme. In fact, you end up kind of liking it. As for quality and design, Core has always impressed me. I have flown or have Best, Ocean Rodeo and Flysurfer.

pmaggie
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Gera Lario, Como Lake, Italy
Favorite Beaches: Lo Stagnone (Marsala, Sicily - Italy) - Soma Bay (Egipt) - Cabarete (Dom Rep.) - Kite beach (Maui)
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 11, Core Riot XR 7, Core Riot XR2 15, Flysurfer Speed 5 21, Flysurfer Sonic 3 13
Shinn Bronq 136x42, Shinn Bronq XL

Postby pmaggie » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:45 pm

Reading this thread I'm noticing that all the Core owners are very happy. The only criticisms come from people who never owned a Core. And never rode one in most of the cases...

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards

Postby sijandy » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:17 pm

PinkNorthPride wrote:
sijandy wrote: the fact is theres just not that much to say about a kite. It's a big sheet of cloth with some lines attached and some inflatable bladders...
Well if you believe that you must be incredibly naive if you'll excuse me saying so, there's a lot of difference between the various kites on the market, some are built well some are not. Some have multiple panels some are made with just a few panels so are quicker and cheaper to sew together, the more panels the more time it takes to make them, hence the more money on labour time.

Some have cheap crap material some have more expensive stuff, the trick is being able to spot the difference and wade through all the marketing bullshit that you correctly point out is everywhere.

Take the leading edge for example, some companies make it with just one or two pieces of cloth, others use lots of bits sewn together with the grain of the cloth lined up, then the inner seams get taped to prevent jaggy bits puncturing the bladder.

Some companies use basic rip stop canopy material in large panels maybe two or three, others can use up to ninety individual bits just to get the shape they want, then there's the quality of the rip stop how many filaments in it etc, The more filaments the dearer it is.

No my friend there is a lot more to kite building than just marketing bullshit, where they often fail, is the technical departments explaining exactly what they did to the marketing bulshitters, then we never really get to know unless we study them, which as you can see, I do, hence why I'm liking that Core GTS3, I really think it's a good kite and they are are good company.
Yes obviously there are differences, i think you completely missed the point i was making.
Whether it be different materials, methods of sewing, sizes, shapes, whatever at the end of the
day it is still just a kite that flys back and forth on some lines. Just compare that with
an everyday car that we all have, think of all the individual components, electrical systems,
motors, ecu's, pumps, injectors etc etc. You pretty much take any of those things i mentioned
and individually they are still way more complex than a kite and have a lot more technology
and processess going into their production no doubt. I am also under no illusions to the complexity
of aerodynamics and i realsise a couple of aero guys could probably talk all day long
about a 2 line traction kite but that is quite specific. I stick by my original point that the marketing bullshit
exists cos theres simply not that much to say about them (except on KF). If there was it would be there
instead of the bullshit. This isn't an argument it's simply my opinion of it.

ps - pinknorth, i never mentioned anything about building kites. Just talking about em.

bobber
Rare Poster
Local Beach: I kite at Wildcat in Portland, TX
Style: intermediate
Gear: Core, Ozone, Crazyfly, Airfush

Postby bobber » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:14 pm

pmaggie wrote:Reading this thread I'm noticing that all the Core owners are very happy. The only criticisms come from people who never owned a Core. And never rode one in most of the cases...
I'm an intermediate kiter. I started with another brand but have moved to Core. I own 9m, 11m, and 19m XR's. Great kites for me. Good relaunch, good upwind performance, good speed, moderate bar pressure, stable. And I like the graphics.

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:57 pm

For me
i bin mostly flying HG and PG the last two years ; i'm about to get back
into kiting on a much larger leave than of late , ( kite boarding is too cool a sport)
to just give up on.

My Ozone Edge's , all need replacing,
and one of the brands i would consider replacing them With is :

CORE.

Why ? Because of all the feed-back and positive reviews from other Core owners ! :thumb:
All the people who actually Own a Core-Kite ; they all seam to be pleased with there
purchase ?

Bille

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:52 pm

Wife and i extremely pleased with each of our 17 & 19 XR3 kites on Sensor bars :cheers:

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:54 pm

Bille wrote: they all seam to be pleased with there
purchase ?

Bille
Certainly seems to be the case.

Return to “Kitesurfing”