Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Problems with Liquid Force NRG - Please help!

Forum for kitesurfers
dlprince69
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Jupiter Beach, FL
Favorite Beaches: Jupiter Beach, FL Delray beach, FL
Style: Foil, Wave, Air
Gear: Cabrina SB 8, 12, 16, Cloud 17, Crazy Fly LW 155x45, North Jamie 139x39, Lift Foil, Sector 60, Alex A CR69LE
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Problems with Liquid Force NRG - Please help!

Postby dlprince69 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:19 pm

Does the other wing tip fold in the same manner? If it is air pressure, both tips would have the same behavior. If it is only one wing tip, it must be a twisted bladder or defective dacron in that area.

njrider
Frequent Poster

Postby njrider » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:10 pm

Trust me the kite is at 10PSI the last 20 pumps are painful - never had to pump a kite so hard. The wear on the wingtip is from the collapsing wing. Still have not heard back from liquid force (big surprise) - I guess next I will contact Real kiteboarding where I bought it to see how they respond.

Keep you all updated...

redman333
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Wilmington, NC USA
Style: unknown yet
Gear: Looking to pick some up

Postby redman333 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:23 pm

The first thing that jumps at me is the 10psi thing. I go between 6-8 psi usually trying to stop around 7psi though. Ive tried pumping my kite up more than that and the valve always pops out of the one pump connection. I have a 12 model year not a 13 so don't know if there is a difference but it seems like an awful lot of pressure. I can't imagine there being damage on the dacron but I could be wrong. I have a 12 and that was the kite I learned on so it has some abuse on it and I havent had a single issue with it whatsoever. I am careful when I roll my kite as to keep the leading edge straight and not to twist it. Not sure how you pack your kite, maybe your doing that and it did twist the bladder some. I can't really give too much advice since I'm not a seasoned kiter and I can't watch the video at work. maybe later I'll give it a look and see if I see anything.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:38 pm

in which directions are the wing tips folding?
on the video you showed like wing tips were bend backwards, towards trailing edge, but this is not possible.
if the wing tip folding inside the kite, you are probably over-sheeting your kite, check your trim.
if the wing tip folding outside it is something wrong with the kite: bad design or wrong bridle lines length

njrider
Frequent Poster

Postby njrider » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:16 am

Thanks everyone for you input. I'm pleased to say that Liquid Force has been in contact with me about this issue. They asked for another video to demonstrate the issue - here it is:
http://youtu.be/PnK-4Pqk7og

In regards to everyone's comments: yes the kite is at 10 PSI (And yes it took all my body weight). This is more than recommended but the kite season here is short so I have to make do. I checked the bladder for a twist - nada? I feel that the leading edge needs a larger patch on this joint to stop this problem.

I will keep you all informed on Liquid Force's response.

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:56 am

sure is a mystery. Good luck and keep us informed.

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:02 am

Njrider - pull your bladder completely out, check how much roll up in the ends - get specs on bladder for diameter / size for it..

It seems, though it's pumped hard enough, there may not be enough end bladder volume to keep rigidity...

Example being - try a 9m bladder in a 12m same result though pumped.

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:15 am

njrider wrote:Thanks everyone for you input. I'm pleased to say that Liquid Force has been in contact with me about this issue. They asked for another video to demonstrate the issue - here it is:

In regards to everyone's comments: yes the kite is at 10 PSI (And yes it took all my body weight). This is more than recommended but the kite season here is short so I have to make do. I checked the bladder for a twist - nada? I feel that the leading edge needs a larger patch on this joint to stop this problem.

that looks really bizarre. has the bladder maybe migrated to one side somehow? you should be able to pop the ends of the leading edge open, do you have the same amount of bladder material on either side?

vkngktr
Medium Poster
Local Beach: NY, Hatteras, Hawaii
Favorite Beaches: NY, Hatteras, Hawaii
Style: Surf, Freeride
Gear: AirRush, Amundson Customs

Postby vkngktr » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:02 am

I think LF should give him a new kite.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:01 pm

njrider wrote:Thanks everyone for you input. I'm pleased to say that Liquid Force has been in contact with me about this issue. They asked for another video to demonstrate the issue - here it is:
so it folds only on one wing tip? then check if the back lines and bridles are symmetrical and pulleys functional on both sides equally. double check the bladder in that wing tip. this is the wing tip hard turn curve and when you insert the bladder in the sleeve you can get it wrong.
try this method for bladder insert:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2359055

there are no miracles, you know. there is perfectly good explanation to any problem.

Return to “Kitesurfing”