Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Pressure Gauge?

Forum for kitesurfers
OzBungy
Very Frequent Poster

Pressure Gauge?

Postby OzBungy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:23 am

I bought an excellent new Bravo kite pump. The pump is awesome. Very positive action in both directions. Very robust.

It came with a pressure gauge. Kite pressure gauges are a joke right? There is no possible way the air hose can sustain the pressure long enough to get a reliable measurement. It just has those dinky little keyway ends. It's not like an inflatable boat or SUP pump with a pressure seal on both ends.

You guys who claim to use kite pressure gauges, you're having a laugh at our expense aren't you? Have you added O-rings to the hose to get a more reliable seal?

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Pressure Gauge?

Postby plummet » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:55 am

Unless your paying $50 at least just for the gauge there is no point having a low pressure gauge. The quality will be way too low!

Wray118
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Wray118 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:28 am

These are much stronger and more accurate than your standard kite gauge .

No bottom entry jokes please :roll:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bottom-Entry- ... 1c345e9a5c

Faxie
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Netherlands. Maasvlakte, Slufter, Domburg, Brouwersdam, Ouddorp, Vrouwenpolder, Grevelingen.
Style: Freeride, freestyle, wave.
Gear: Crazyfly Hyper 2022 7-9-12, Infinity 2021 9, Raptor Extreme 2020, selfmade bar.

Postby Faxie » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:38 pm

I have a sound sensitive pressure gauge built in my index finger. When it goes 'pok pok' it's all good ;)

And cheap as well :thumb:

Bille
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Lake Mohave
Gear: Ozone Edge
Brand Affiliation: Barz Optics
Jaybar Dynabar V7

Postby Bille » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:09 pm

OzBungy wrote: ...

It came with a pressure gauge. Kite pressure gauges are a joke right? There is no possible way the air hose can sustain the pressure long enough to get a reliable measurement.
I only look at the Peak-pressure indicated on the dial , on the Down-stroke ; then
i do that sound sensitive pressure gauge built in the index finger thing that Faxie
mentioned.

YEA -- gauges are all crap !

Bille

ivan-d
Rare Poster

Postby ivan-d » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:56 pm

I see quite a few people are saying the gauges show incorrect pressure, but I wonder if the gauges are at least consistently wrong, i.e. if it shows the same psi number on two different inflation occasions is the actual pressure the same as well?

Wray118
Medium Poster

Postby Wray118 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:33 pm

I put my gauge on a couple of mates kites that they pumped up to 6 psi with the finger method , one was 4 psi the other 9 psi , if you want it the right pressure then use a good gauge , if you dont care then use your finger :naughty:

Don Monnot
Frequent Poster

Postby Don Monnot » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:42 pm

I prefer the "damn it's getting hard to pump this thing anymore" gauge. It correlates pretty well with the peak pressure on the one pump I use that has a gauge on it. It does vary depending on whether it's the first or third kite I'm pumping that day, but it seems to work OK for me.

Don

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Postby badgb21 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:35 pm

+1

Bille wrote:
OzBungy wrote: I only look at the Peak-pressure indicated on the dial , on the Down-stroke ; then
i do that sound sensitive pressure gauge built in the index finger thing that Faxie
mentioned.

YEA -- gauges are all crap !

Bille

Return to “Kitesurfing”