NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Re: Cabrinha Launches Its 2015 Gear

Postby NYKiter » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:41 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUfgHY37KOQ

They're calling the new bar a "benchmark in the industry.."

More like they finally learned from everyone else in the industry how to do it right.

They still need to learn from North how to build the donkey stick into the loop that wont break or tear off like the old cab sticks did. Its best to steer clear of first run editions of control systems.

Best of luck to them regardless, I know some folks love the kites.

ronnie
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ronnie » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:25 pm

NYKiter wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUfgHY37KOQ

They're calling the new bar a "benchmark in the industry.."

More like they finally learned from everyone else in the industry how to do it right.

They still need to learn from North how to build the donkey stick into the loop that wont break or tear off like the old cab sticks did. Its best to steer clear of first run editions of control systems.

Best of luck to them regardless, I know some folks love the kites.
They are getting closer. I'm still not a fan of the bar width adjustment. I would set that for the kite and not change kites while riding, so a much lighter, simpler and cheaper solution is available.

I don't understand the loop shown in the C.A.D. of the swivel above the chickenloop. Surely they could just tie a knot in the end of the depower main line?

The sharp edges on the leash swivel don't look like a good idea.

The newest Cab bar I have is the 2013. The 2015 chickenloop release/reassembly is the biggest improvement.

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Postby NYKiter » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:12 pm

I do like the ergonomics. The foam bar ends are cushy and the release has a nice mold to the hand. The tubing on the down line is smart. I just have very high expectations of Cab and was very disappointed with the lack of real innovation this time around. Im sure they will get things better. I wonder how the lower V lines will impact performance.

experienced1
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby experienced1 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:18 pm

NYKiter...Cabrinha had lover V center lines in 2014...:)
impact was good
steve

Return to “Kitesurfing”