woodfu
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Switch Kites thoughts?

Postby woodfu » Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:24 pm

Faxie wrote:
My arms are average ;)

Are you shure you didn't flew a V1? Because people were complaining about that one, and not really about the V2.

And the Naish release is almost the same... gets jammed as well over time without rinsing ;)
Yeah im sure. I've tried both. Im curious about the new Element. Anyone tried it yet?

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:11 am

@ Dave,
I have been flying Swithkite from the beginning.
Yes l am/was a so called teamrider.
I have flown flysurfer/ozone/swictch even tested some Zian kites, just to give you an idea.
The longest l flew Ozone kites, then l made the "Switch" to Switchkites, and l never regretted till this moment.
I had method v1 element v1 13m and now own a range of methodv2 plus their v2 controller bars.

Yes the method v1 had barpressure, in gusts they flew way into the edge of the window returning when the gusts were over, but you got used to both, the v1 controller only depowerd when qr pulled on 2 frontlines( like many others)

The first element 13m did not suit me as it was not flying far enough into the edge of the windwindow, which was perfect for the twintip guys, but not for people like me who only fly/use directional boards.

But this was the past the early beginning, now you can find high end kites at switchkites, that are 200% on par with all the topbrands, and where Switchkites is standing above the major brands is in their finishing, communication, ease in solving problems...try this on one of the major brands to be in direkt contact with one of the owners, who for years repaired kites from all brands, sold kites and so on, be in personal contact with the designer who will if he can advice you and explain you, be in touch with one of the top waveriders who will advice you in case of doubt!

This is what Switch is a lets say human company that sell topnotch kites that nowadays fly as well as any other top brand if not better, the price is right and they stand behind their customers!

Do not be afraid to ask them your questiosn, or to order if no teamrider in your area, you can always return the kite within 30 days, so where is the danger?
Do you know any other producer who sends you a new kite?

Read the return policicy send them an email with your questions, contact them with skype, and you will get an impression with the people you are dealing with!

And for every brand, you have people who will try to bash a brand..out of their ''bad'' experience, but is is difficult to do well for everyone.
Maybe have a view here one of the major testsites in Germany even tested Switchkite Nitro and bar ( english version)
http://gleiten.tv/index.php/video/actio ... gd0j90&/1/

Good luck
Dude :cool2:

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii

Postby OceanAdventures » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:52 am

naishdude wrote:@ Dave,
I have been flying Swithkite from the beginning.
Yes l am/was a so called teamrider.
I have flown flysurfer/ozone/swictch even tested some Zian kites, just to give you an idea.
The longest l flew Ozone kites, then l made the "Switch" to Switchkites, and l never regretted till this moment.
I had method v1 element v1 13m and now own a range of methodv2 plus their v2 controller bars.

Yes the method v1 had barpressure, in gusts they flew way into the edge of the window returning when the gusts were over, but you got used to both, the v1 controller only depowerd when qr pulled on 2 frontlines( like many others)

The first element 13m did not suit me as it was not flying far enough into the edge of the windwindow, which was perfect for the twintip guys, but not for people like me who only fly/use directional boards.

But this was the past the early beginning, now you can find high end kites at switchkites, that are 200% on par with all the topbrands, and where Switchkites is standing above the major brands is in their finishing, communication, ease in solving problems...try this on one of the major brands to be in direkt contact with one of the owners, who for years repaired kites from all brands, sold kites and so on, be in personal contact with the designer who will if he can advice you and explain you, be in touch with one of the top waveriders who will advice you in case of doubt!

This is what Switch is a lets say human company that sell topnotch kites that nowadays fly as well as any other top brand if not better, the price is right and they stand behind their customers!

Do not be afraid to ask them your questiosn, or to order if no teamrider in your area, you can always return the kite within 30 days, so where is the danger?

Read the return policicy send them an email with your questions, contact them with skype, and you will get an impression with the people you are dealing with!

And for every brand, you have people who will try to bash a brand..out of their ''bad'' experience, but is is difficult to do well for everyone.
Maybe have a view here one of the major testsites in Germany even tested Switchkite Nitro and bar ( english version)
http://gleiten.tv/index.php/video/actio ... gd0j90&/1/

Good luck
Dude :cool2:
Ocean Rodeo has a 100% money back guarantee.

KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com

Postby KiteCulture » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:25 pm

That's great, but who cares. I hate how other brands jump on another brand thread and throw in their 2 cents with no benefit. If you buy anything, I'm almost certain all brands have a money back policy. Stick to the brand in the topic. If the guy wanted to know about other brands he'd ask.

Don't kill the stoke

taiguy
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby taiguy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:22 am

I have a quiver of Element 2s and have been happy with the build quality and the way that the kites fly. Everyone who's taken mine out for a session has come back impressed as well. I'll simply say that the price is right and the kites aren't holding me back any.

OceanAdventures
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Leeside park - Fort Walton Beach
Gear: Wainman Hawaii
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii

Postby OceanAdventures » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:11 pm

OceanAdventures wrote:
naishdude wrote:
Ocean Rodeo has a 100% money back guarantee.
Should have made this more clear Kiteculture, but this is the question I answered. And no you don't get money back guarantee from other brands. The shop you buy it from maybe but not the brand.

nick14
Medium Poster
Local Beach: rosebud, st kilda, brighton
Gear: 2014 naish park 12m
2012 naish park 9m
2012/13 naish fly

Postby nick14 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:34 pm

I bought a 7m E3 mid june to compliment 2 naish parks 9 and 12m. There is not a lot of 7m days were i'm from but I was off to mykonos for a holiday where they get a lot. I weighed up the cost of hiring over in greece along with the emitional cost of days i would miss at my local and decided that switch had the right price. Firstly, the night i got it in the post i pumped it up straight away. Its a very well constructed kite with really nice details. The overal design is great IMO aswell. I got to use it on three of the days i was over in greece and i fell in love with it. Ive only ever flown one other kite that size about 3 or 4 years ago and i remember it been really skitish. The E3 however was so stable in the sky...even more so than my 2012 9m park that i also took over with me (and rode on two of the same days). It also seemed to handle gusts really well. I think the wind was about 28-34knots but cannot be sure. It jumped well.
The customer service was exellent and Felix helped to fast track my parcel as i was leaving for greece only a couple of days after the E3 was releases. Anyway i will seriously consider another Switch kite when my 2014 12m Park is done. If anyone wants to know i was using my Naish universal bar with the E3.

nick14
Medium Poster
Local Beach: rosebud, st kilda, brighton
Gear: 2014 naish park 12m
2012 naish park 9m
2012/13 naish fly

Postby nick14 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:34 pm

I bought a 7m E3 mid june to compliment 2 naish parks 9 and 12m. There is not a lot of 7m days were i'm from but I was off to mykonos for a holiday where they get a lot. I weighed up the cost of hiring over in greece along with the emitional cost of days i would miss at my local and decided that switch had the right price. Firstly, the night i got it in the post i pumped it up straight away. Its a very well constructed kite with really nice details. The overal design is great IMO aswell. I got to use it on three of the days i was over in greece and i fell in love with it. Ive only ever flown one other kite that size about 3 or 4 years ago and i remember it been really skitish. The E3 however was so stable in the sky...even more so than my 2012 9m park that i also took over with me (and rode on two of the same days). It also seemed to handle gusts really well. I think the wind was about 28-34knots but cannot be sure. It jumped well.
The customer service was exellent and Felix helped to fast track my parcel as i was leaving for greece only a couple of days after the E3 was releases. Anyway i will seriously consider another Switch kite when my 2014 12m Park is done. If anyone wants to know i was using my Naish universal bar with the E3.

Return to “Kitesurfing”