(6.46 MiB) Downloaded 264 times
or visit www.airush.com/2015

shawn13
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Sherkston, Lake Erie
Wasaga, Lake Huron
Favorite Beaches: In Order:
Mauritius, Soma Bay, Egypt/ Cape Town, SA/ Cayo Guillermo, Cuba/ Sherkston, Canada/ El Gouna, Egypt/ Paje, Zanzibar/ Oliphant, Canada/ Kalpitya/ Dakhla, Morocco/ Boracay, Philippines/ Sri Lanka/ Wasaga Beach, Canada
Style: Freeride/Race
Gear: Cabrinha
Has thanked: 0

Re: Airush 2015 Range Now Online

Postby shawn13 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:38 pm

Is the freerace/sector/slayer updated at a different time than the rest of the range?

eree
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby eree » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:47 pm

so, same wing tip catching long V3 bridles?

vkngktr
Medium Poster
Local Beach: NY, Hatteras, Hawaii
Favorite Beaches: NY, Hatteras, Hawaii
Style: Surf, Freeride
Gear: AirRush, Amundson Customs
Been thanked: 0

Postby vkngktr » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:59 pm

My Lithiums never get wrapped on the wingtips. Strange cause i really thought they would with the length of the bridals.

Ocean Extreme Sports
Rare Poster
Local Beach: St Augustine
Favorite Beaches: St Augustine, Matanzas Inlet, The Keys.
Style: Wave, and free style
Gear: Airush, Cabrinha, F-One, Ozone, Caution and Slingshot kites and boards as well as Axis and Cannibal boards.
Brand Affiliation: Airush, Cabrinha, F-One, Ozone, Slingshot,Caution and Axis

Postby Ocean Extreme Sports » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:48 pm

Here is a review did of the New 2015 Varial-X 10m

Upgrades from 2014:
- New XL Single Inflation Valve, made inflate/ deflate quick, easy and hassle free.
- Poly Load Frame- Special polyester pattern sewn into the kite to prevent stretching and increases longevity
- D2 Technoforce Canopy (best material in the industry)

Rider: Cory Busichio
Experience: 10+ Years
Weight: 170lbs
Height: 6’1
Sex: Yes
Board: CoreVac Cannibal 5’9 pin tail surfboard (strapless) & 2014 135x42cm Axis Vanguard

Test Number 1
Kite: 2015 Airush Varial-X 10m
Board: CoreVac Cannibal 5’9 Pin Tail
Wind Speed: 12-15kts NE
Sea: 1-2′ Ground Swell
Current: Light

Before I took the 10m Varial-X out, I was moderately powered on a 15m Cabrinha Contra. Out of the bag the 2015 Varial-X looks great. At first sight, there is a noticeable difference between the 2015 and 2014 shape and construction. The 2015 Varial has more swept back wing tips with a lower aspect ratio (wider center of the kite), making the kite easier to re-launch and provides more low end power (this was definitely noticeable in these light conditions).

I put the kite in the air just to fly it on the beach (didn’t think it was windy enough for the water) and noticed the power delivery and turning speed instantly. Not only does this kite turn as fast as anything I’ve flown size to size, it holds almost all it’s power in the tightest, fastest turns. This is great for those lighter days when you’re looking for some added grunt. I was also able to aggressively work the kite to generate maximum power without having to worry about flutter.

Although the waves were small and the wind was light, the Varial still had nice down the line drift but had the power when you needed it. Not great conditions but I was very impressed with the power this kite generated.

Test Number 2
Kite: 2015 Airush Varial-X 10m
Board: 2014 Axis Vanguard 135x42cm
Wind Speed: 20-24kts Due East
Sea: Butter Flat Water
Current: Strong against the wind (perfect!)

Very rarely do we have the wind and current line up like they did this session. Storm rolled through, wind flipped East and cranked to 20+ in a few minutes. The inlet provides an outer sand bar to kill the waves and flattens the water out so it’s butter smooth with the opposing current.

The 2015 Varial-X loves to jump, loop and unhook. Although there is more power in this years Varial, for unhooking, it was still manageable. When sent, the Varial held great power through the peak of the jump, redirects extremely smooth and the added width in the center of the kite allows you to float back to the water softly. When looping, it turned quick and accelerated toward the top of the window with plenty of time to catch you, very very smooth feeling kite.

I would recommend this kite to someone who’s continuously trying to progress their skills but doesn’t want ride a “C” kite. The Varial-X is a great step up from the Lithium but still re-launches very well. If you’re doing a little bit of everything like me, strapless surf & flat water, this is a great all around kite for you!

I hope this helps out, but remember that the best way is to always demo one before you buy if you can, we will be holding an Airush and an F1 demo the Sunday after the Surf Expo and we will also have multiple different kites ( Cabrinha, Airush and F- One, plus others) to demo at our annual 3 day Halloween Blast at the end of October.

Greg
oceanextremesports.com

Pier

Postby Pier » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:24 am

Hi can you compare with varial x 2014 same size?

Ocean Extreme Sports
Rare Poster
Local Beach: St Augustine
Favorite Beaches: St Augustine, Matanzas Inlet, The Keys.
Style: Wave, and free style
Gear: Airush, Cabrinha, F-One, Ozone, Caution and Slingshot kites and boards as well as Axis and Cannibal boards.
Brand Affiliation: Airush, Cabrinha, F-One, Ozone, Slingshot,Caution and Axis

Postby Ocean Extreme Sports » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:05 pm

The 2015 seemed minimally slower due to what feels like a slightly lower aspect ratio, it definitely has more power and a better low end grunt than the 2014 kite, the re launch is also easier although I never had any problems ever re launching the 2014 kite.
So far that is the only noticeable differences we have come across. Once we get to use it a bit more we will have some more input on it's performances and differences.

Greg

Pier

Postby Pier » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:18 pm

2015 less freestyle than 2014 right?

wetdog
Medium Poster

Postby wetdog » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:44 pm

Sounds like it.

As much as I like and ride F-one I'm impressed what Airush has come up with the last couple of years. Their bar is my favorite by far.

eree
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eree » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:22 pm

Ocean Extreme Sports wrote:The 2015 seemed minimally slower due to what feels like a slightly lower aspect ratio, it definitely has more power and a better low end grunt than the 2014 kite, the re launch is also easier although I never had any problems ever re launching the 2014 kite...
i like what i hear! now i'm really interested in vx (of course bridles i can make shorter and pulleyless easily later)

Return to “Kitesurfing”