Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2014 Zephyr vs Flite?

Forum for kitesurfers
ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Re: 2014 Zephyr vs Flite?

Postby ORSales » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:28 pm

yuko wrote:...in my opinion you can always pair the bar of your preference with almost any other kite as long as you respect flagging options. Ocean Rodeo seemed to be on a medium high Y, I guess it would still work well on any low Y type of bar of your choice.
Yep, you nailed it... you can safely fly the Flite on any bar that allows for single or 2 line re-ride. Key is to have all 4 lines equal length and then add the 3.5" back line pig tails we use to attach the lines to the kite.

If you go with another brand's bar however, I'd suggest / ask that you reach out to us for a final thumbs up that it will indeed work with the Flite. Otherwise, just use our bar, it works great!

Yuko, would be great to see you switch to a Flite! All in good time though.

knyfe
Very Frequent Poster

Postby knyfe » Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:20 pm

I dont know about the Flite but I had the Zephir and sold it 3 months later as it was pulling less than my old 16m C kite I use as low wind kite. For me it failed its purpose Lthough it had more area than my old kite. I am still searching. G

yuko
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Oka
Gear: Airush
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby yuko » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:25 pm

knyfe wrote:I dont know about the Flite but I had the Zephir and sold it 3 months later as it was pulling less than my old 16m C kite I use as low wind kite. For me it failed its purpose Lthough it had more area than my old kite. I am still searching. G
From what I've gathered, Zephyr 17m equals to 15m Edge (which I used to have) in initial grunt, my guess that would conlfirm what you saying knyfe .

Do-it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: North and Ocean Rodeo

Postby Do-it » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:23 pm

The more I use my flite the more I love it. I was out Last week in 6-10 mph. I would lose ground during the lulls and go up wind with the gusts. End of the day I was back at launch point. I forgot to use the line extentions and I use the north quad bar.
My buddy ( more experienced ) was on his 19m core and I was always faster upwind. He does out weigh me by ten pounds. I'm 153lbs and was on a 146 litewave wing. 11mph and above, I go for my 140 custom and am comfortable till around 16-17mph. The high end jumps are high and floaty. Oh...
I usually down loop every transition and did my first kite loop on it last week. Hope this helps......

I like this kite so much, I'm thinking about buying a razor to replace my North rebel. Just waiting for a great deal from John Z...lol

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Postby NYKiter » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:26 pm

Flown both and the Flite turns on a dime, the Z is slower.
That said I still had a good time on both.

ORSales
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ORSales » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:56 pm

Speaking of minimal bar design, the new Coud bar seems to define this. Nice to see people in the industry looking to reduce the complexity of products... something we've essentially had as our mantra from day one here.

Do-it - You'll love the Razor!

Z

adamj2281
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Charleston, SC - Folly Beach
Favorite Beaches: Folly Beach, Wrightsville Beach, Playa Avellanas, Barker's, GC, East End, St. Croix,VI
Style: Surf mostly, some freeride
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Roam 7,12
Ocean Rodeo Crave 9
5'2" North Whip CSC
5'4" Tomo Hydroshort
Nobile 2HD
Slingshot H4 Batwing foil
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Postby adamj2281 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:02 pm

Do-it wrote:The more I use my flite the more I love it. I was out Last week in 6-10 mph. I would lose ground during the lulls and go up wind with the gusts. End of the day I was back at launch point. I forgot to use the line extentions and I use the north quad bar.
My buddy ( more experienced ) was on his 19m core and I was always faster upwind. He does out weigh me by ten pounds. I'm 153lbs and was on a 146 litewave wing. 11mph and above, I go for my 140 custom and am comfortable till around 16-17mph. The high end jumps are high and floaty. Oh...
I usually down loop every transition and did my first kite loop on it last week. Hope this helps......

I like this kite so much, I'm thinking about buying a razor to replace my North rebel. Just waiting for a great deal from John Z...lol
Do-it, I've flown the Razor for three years now and really liked the 2010 Rebel. The main difference is the yank in boosting and turning speed. With the Rebel you get more hangtime but a slower pull of the water, the Razor really rips you off the water. I prefer the latter, so I went with the Razor.

Return to “Kitesurfing”